International Journal of Technology Policy and Law
- Editor in Chief
- Dr. M.A. Dorgham
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
IJTPL is a double-blind refereed, highly professional and authoritative source of information in the fields of technology policy and law. It encourages articles representing synergy between theory and practices to help policy makers and executives govern and manage technologies and their relations with society, policies and law. Emphases will be on the related social, political and economic issues, as well as emerging issues of interest to legislators, professionals and academics.
Topics covered include
- Commercial/copyright law, consumer protection
- Creativity, innovativeness, cross-cultural comparisons
- Digital divide, digital rights management
- E-governance/government, e-service related law
- Electronic funds transfer, insurance
- Information ethics/literacy/privacy/sharing
- Innovation process management, technology innovation
- Intellectual property rights/trading, patent law
- International law/standards, national competitiveness
- Internet abuse
- Knowledge/technology management
- Knowledge sharing/trading
- National information infrastructure, security
- Social engineering/impact
- Technology/telecommunications law/policy
The objective of the IJTPL is to establish an effective channel of communication between policy makers, government agencies, academic and research institutions and persons concerned with the complex role of technologies in society. It also aims to promote and share technology policy and law in the fields of science and technology, political science, informatics, sociology and economics. The international dimension is emphasised in order to overcome cultural and national barriers and to meet the needs of accelerating global technological, social and economical changes.
Professionals, policy-makers, government officers, academics, researchers, and managers in IT, business and commerce.
IJTPL publishes original and review papers, technical reports, case studies, conference reports, management reports, book reviews, notes and commentaries. Contributions may be by submission or invitation, and suggestions for Special Issues and publications are welcome.
IJTPL is indexed in:More indexes...
IJTPL is listed in:More journal lists/directories...
Honorary Editor in Chief
- Li, Eldon Y., National Chung Cheng University, Taiwan, Province of China
Editor in Chief
- Dorgham, M.A., International Centre for Technology and Management, UK
Former Editor in Chief
- Selvadurai, Niloufer, Macquarie University, Australia
- Kelly, Shannon, Macquarie University, Australia
Editorial Board Members
- Arun, Thankom Gopinath, The University of Manchester, UK
- Backhouse, James, London School of Economics, UK
- Berman, Paul Schiff, University of Connecticut, USA
- Björnsson, Hans, Stanford University, USA
- Bowie, Nolan, Harvard University, USA
- Bruce, Thomas R., Cornell University, USA
- Camp, L. Jean, Harvard University, USA
- Chen, Houn-Gee, National Taiwan University, Taiwan, Province of China
- Christie, Andrew, The University of Melbourne, Australia
- Clark, Eugene, Griffith University, Australia
- Davison, Mark, Monash University, Australia
- Denning, Dorothy, Naval Postgraduate School, USA
- Edwards, Paul N., University of Michigan, USA
- Fitzgerald, Anne, Queensland University of Technology, Australia
- Fong, Jerry G., National Chengchi University, Taiwan, Province of China
- Gillies, Peter, Macquarie University, Australia
- Gold, Richard E., McGill University, Canada
- Greenleaf, Graham, University of New South Wales, Australia
- Hörnle, Julia, Queen Mary University of London, UK
- Jones, Faye, University of the Pacific, USA
- Klein, Gary, University of Colorado, USA
- Lee, Matthew, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Liu, Kung-Chung, Academia Sinica - General, Taiwan, Province of China
- Liu, Paul Chang Bin, National Chengchi University, Taiwan, Province of China
- Lu, Shey-Shi, National Taiwan University, Taiwan, Province of China
- Müller, Jürgen, Berlin School of Economics, Germany
- Mao, Chi-Kuo, National Chiao Tung University, Taiwan, Province of China
- Mechling, Jerry, Harvard University, USA
- Monotti, Ann, Monash University, Australia
- Obi, Toshio, Waseda University, Japan
- Owens, Richard C., Macdonald-Laurier Institute, Canada
- Paté-Cornell, M. Elisabeth, Stanford University, USA
- Peng, Shin-yi, National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan, Province of China
- Puri, Kamal, University of Queensland, Australia
- Radin, Margaret-Jane, The University of Michigan Law School, USA
- Rice, Mitchell F., Texas A&M University, USA
- Richardson, Megan, The University of Melbourne, Australia
- Rossi, James E., Florida State University, USA
- Rotenberg, Marc, Electronic Privacy Information Center (EPIC), USA
- Seely, Bruce E., Michigan Technological University, USA
- Sobel, Richard, Harvard University, USA
- Sobol, Marion G., Southern Methodist University, USA
- Wen, Jordan Chao-tung, National Chengchi University, Taiwan, Province of China
- Winn, Jane K., University of Washington, USA
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.