International Journal of Tourism Policy
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Konstantinos Andriotis
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
IJTP provides a forum for scholars and policy makers to exchange views and ideas at an international level on key issues that shape the growth of today's tourism industry. IJTP takes the view that tourism activity takes place within a socio-cultural, political, economic and environmental context. Therefore, groups involved with tourism need to be sensitive to emerging issues which may affect the industry and future policy-making.
Topics covered include
- Advances in tourism policy-making
- Tourism development and planning
- Public administration of tourism development
- Local government role and responses to tourism development
- European Union policies in tourism
- Tourism education and its role in managing tourism development
- Tourism research and methodology
- Terrorism, safety and security in tourism
- Economic/social/environmental/cultural impact of tourism
- Cross-cultural differences
- Sustainable tourism
- Alternative and special forms of tourism
- Industry's role in managing growth
- Future of tourism
- Globalisation and tourism
IJTP’s key objective is to present the latest multidisciplinary set of views on tourism. It also aims to contribute towards a deeper understanding of international tourism and disseminate this knowledge by providing insights into developments, issues and methods in tourism research essential to theoretical understanding and practice. IJTP will be international in scope and will publish high-quality refereed articles.
The intended readership covers a wide range of groups involved in the tourism industry. IJTP will provide a platform for debate and will contribute towards the dissemination of knowledge amongst academics, researchers, government departments, non-governmental organisations, consultants, policy-makers and planners in the field of tourism.
IJTP publishes theoretical papers, empirical papers, policy-related papers, case studies and book reviews. Special issues of the journal will also be produced in which selected papers from tourism conferences will be published.
IJTP is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- CAB Abstracts - Agriculture and International Development Indexes
- CAB Animal Sciences
- CAB Abstracts - Environmental Sciences Indexes
- CAB Abstracts - Human Sciences Abstracts
- CAB Abstracts - Leisure and Tourism Abstracts
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- Geobase (Elsevier)
- CAB Global Health
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
- AiIG - Italian Association of Management Engineering
IJTP is listed in:
- Australian Business Deans Council Journal Rankings List
- Cabell's Directory of Publishing Opportunities
Editor in Chief
- Andriotis, Konstantinos, Middlesex University, UK
Regional Editor Africa
- Nunkoo, Robin, University of Mauritius, Mauritius
Regional Editor Europe
- Falk, Martin, Austrian Institute of Economic Research (WIFO), Austria
Regional Editor Latin America
- Monterrubio, Carlos, Autonomous University of the State of Mexico, Mexico
Regional Editor North America
- Slocum, Susan, George Mason University, USA
Book Review Editor
- Boukas, Nikolaos, European University Cyprus, Cyprus
Research Notes Editor
- Stylidis, Dimitrios, Middlesex University London, UK
Editorial Board Members
- Baum, Tom, University of Strathclyde, UK
- Bramwell, Bill, Sheffield Hallam University, UK
- Cooper, Chris, Leeds Beckett University, UK
- Dredge, Dianne, Aalborg University, Denmark
- Font, Xavier, University of Surrey, UK
- Hall, C. Michael, University of Canterbury, New Zealand
- Jafari, Jafar, University of Wisconsin-Stout, USA
- Jamal, Tazim, Texas A&M University, USA
- Jenkins, John, Southern Cross University, Australia
- Jolliffe, Lee, University of New Brunswick, Canada
- Michael, Ewan, La Trobe University, Australia
- Moufakkir, Omar, Gulf University for Science and Technology, Kuwait
- Pforr, Christof, Curtin University of Technology, Australia
- Ruhanen, Lisa, The University of Queensland, Australia
- Shani, Amir, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Israel
- Vaughan, David Roger, Bournemouth University, UK
- Webster, Craig, Ball State University, USA
- Zahra, Anne, Waikato Management School, New Zealand
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.
Musical tourism in Croatia
18 April, 2019
Music is an essential element of both the tourism offering and promotion in branding a holiday destination, according to researchers writing in the International Journal of Tourism Policy. Indeed, music can make a tourist destination unique and distinctive. Christian Stipanović, and Diana Grgurić of the University of Rijeka, working with Nataša Jurina of the City of Krk Tourist Board, Krk, Croatia, discuss the details [...]More details...