International Journal of Tourism Policy
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Konstantinos Andriotis
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 6 issues per year
- CiteScore 1.2 (2021)
IJTP provides a forum for scholars and policy makers to exchange views and ideas at an international level on key issues that shape the growth of today's tourism industry. IJTP takes the view that tourism activity takes place within a socio-cultural, political, economic and environmental context. Therefore, groups involved with tourism need to be sensitive to emerging issues which may affect the industry and future policy-making.
Topics covered include
- Advances in tourism policy-making
- Tourism development and planning
- Public administration of tourism development
- Local government role and responses to tourism development
- European Union policies in tourism
- Tourism education and its role in managing tourism development
- Tourism research and methodology
- Terrorism, safety and security in tourism
- Economic/social/environmental/cultural impact of tourism
- Cross-cultural differences
- Sustainable tourism
- Alternative and special forms of tourism
- Industry's role in managing growth
- Future of tourism
- Globalisation and tourism
IJTP's key objective is to present the latest multidisciplinary set of views on tourism. It also aims to contribute towards a deeper understanding of international tourism and disseminate this knowledge by providing insights into developments, issues and methods in tourism research essential to theoretical understanding and practice. IJTP will be international in scope and will publish high-quality refereed articles.
The intended readership covers a wide range of groups involved in the tourism industry. IJTP will provide a platform for debate and will contribute towards the dissemination of knowledge amongst academics, researchers, government departments, non-governmental organisations, consultants, policy-makers and planners in the field of tourism.
IJTP publishes theoretical papers, empirical papers, policy-related papers, case studies and book reviews. Special issues of the journal will also be produced in which selected papers from tourism conferences will be published.
IJTP is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- CAB Abstracts - Agriculture and International Development Indexes
- CAB Animal Sciences
- CAB Abstracts - Environmental Sciences Indexes
- CAB Abstracts - Human Sciences Abstracts
- CAB Abstracts - Leisure and Tourism Abstracts
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- Geobase (Elsevier)
- CAB Global Health
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
- AiIG - Italian Association of Management Engineering
IJTP is listed in:
- National Agency for Evaluation of the University and Research System (ANVUR)
- Australian Business Deans Council Journal Rankings List
Editor in Chief
- Andriotis, Konstantinos, Middlesex University, UK
- Falk, Martin, University of South-Eastern Norway and Shanghai Lixin University of Accounting and Finance, China
- Tang, Chor Foon, Universiti Sains Malaysia, Malaysia
Book Review Editor
- Boukas, Nikolaos, European University Cyprus, Cyprus
Research Notes Editor
- Stylidis, Dimitrios, Middlesex University London, UK
Regional Editor Africa
- Saayman, Andrea, North-West University, South Africa
Regional Editor Asia
- Rasoolimanesh, S. Mostafa, Taylor's University, Malaysia
Regional Editor Europe
- Mihalic, Tanja, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia
Regional Editor Latin America
- Monterrubio, Carlos, Autonomous University of the State of Mexico, Mexico
Regional Editor North America
- Slocum, Susan, George Mason University, USA
Editorial Board Members
- Brida, Juan Gabriel, Universidad de la República, Italy
- Cloquet, Isabelle, Université Libre de Bruxelles, Belgium
- Font, Xavier, University of Surrey, UK
- Iankova, Katia, Higher Colleges of Technology, United Arab Emirates
- Isabella, Frochot, Université Savoie Mont Blanc, France
- Jamal, Tazim, Texas A&M University, USA
- Lee, Yong-Ki, Sejong University, South Korea
- Moufakkir, Omar, Gulf University for Science and Technology, Kuwait
- Pforr, Christof, Curtin University of Technology, Australia
- Ram, Yael, Ashkelon Academic College, Israel
- Ruhanen, Lisa, The University of Queensland, Australia
- Seetanah, Boopen, University of Mauritius, Mauritius
- Shani, Amir, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Israel
- Webster, Craig, Ball State University, USA
- Weidenfeld, Adi, Hebrew University, Israel
- Yang, Yang, Temple University, USA
IJTP welcomes the submission of research papers and research notes. Papers should not exceed 6000 words (including figures, tables and references). IJTP also accepts research notes (1500 - 2000 words including an abstract of 100 words). Please indicate the number of words in your paper (for both types of articles).
Papers must be written in English and use UK spelling and terminology and be edited with the help of a native English speaker.
Use single or double-spacing, preferably in Times New Roman font size 12. All accepted papers will be properly formatted for publication.
Papers must contain a valid research question or hypothesis and should contribute to the literature, which may be incremental and must include the following (see more details here):
|1. What is already known about the topic of your paper|
|2. What is not known about the topic and what should be investigated in the study (i.e. the gap you want to fill)|
|3. What specific research questions the study focuses on|
|Cover the conceptual background, materials and methods, results and discussion|
|The methods section should contain enough information for the reader to understand what was done and how. Please indicate which data sources you rely on and which methodology you use to analyse the data (software command). Please provide information on data availability.|
|Explain the main conclusion of the study in a few sentences. Given the policy focus of this journal, it is very important to show the theoretical and/or practical implications of the findings for policy, society and relevant stakeholders.|
|References and notes|
|References should be balanced (geographical and gender, no self-citations) and reflect the current state of knowledge in the field. Please focus on journals listed in Scopus.|
|Tables, captions and figures|
Do not include the authors' names, biographical details or acknowledgements.
Ensure that the authors' names are not included in the document/file properties.
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.
Eco-tourism: a win-win-win for visitors, locals, and nature
12 January, 2023
Research in the International Journal of Tourism Policy on sustainable ecotourism has new insights from the case of Kakum National Park and Bobiri Forest and Butterfly Sanctuary with implications for the non-governmental organisations (NGOs) that run such sites. Ecotourism and sustainable visitor attractions are moving higher up the environmental agenda as external and internal pressures on regions increases. Understanding the needs of different groups, or stakeholders, with a vested interest in tourism, and ensuring sustainability of their activities, is key to moving forward in this area without compromising targets on emissions, recycling, and other efforts [...]More details...
International Journal of Tourism Policy increases issues
15 December, 2022
International Journal of Tourism Policy is increasing from 4 to 6 issues per year in 2023