International Journal of Six Sigma and Competitive Advantage
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Purushothaman Damodaran
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
Six Sigma is a statistics-based, process-focused, data-driven strategy and methodology, coupled with management concepts and lean tools, that aims to improve the quality of process outputs. Six Sigma seeks to identify the causes of failures and minimize variability in key industrial processes in areas, such as healthcare, manufacturing, and service. IJSSCA aims to publish original research that strengthens the current theoretical base and suggests potential for the advancement of industrial practice.
Topics covered include
- Healthcare quality
- Six Sigma for new product/service development processes
- Six Sigma and lean thinking
- Best practice of Six Sigma
- Quality improvement initiatives in manufacturing, service, and transactional processes
- Big data
- Monitoring and detection
The primary goal of IJSSCA is to present state-of-the-art, high quality research developments in all areas of Six Sigma. The Editorial Board is committed to a swift evaluation process from submission to initial decision, and the latest developments and advances will be published without delay
IJSSCA provides a platform for the dissemination of new developments in continuous quality improvement to inform academics, professionals, researchers, and various practitioners.
IJSSCA publishes original papers, technical reports, and case studies. Review and tutorial papers may also be accepted if they are presented in a style suitable for practicing engineering, management, and science. For a special issue devoted to a specific sub-field of Six Sigma, authors are encouraged to contact the Editor-in-Chief.
IJSSCA is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- Asian Digital Library
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
- Business Collection (Gale)
- General OneFile (Gale)
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
IJSSCA is listed in:More journal lists/directories...
Editor in Chief
- Damodaran, Purushothaman, Northern Illinois University, USA
- Panneerselvam, R., Pondichery University, India
Associate Editor Manufacturing
- Besseris, George, Technological & Educational Institution of Piraeus, Greece
Associate Editor Services
- Yang, Kai, Wayne State University, USA
Editorial Board Members
- Agustiady, Tina, BASF, USA
- Cudney, Elizabeth Anne, Missouri University of Science and Technology, USA
- Edgeman, Rick L., Aarhus University, Denmark
- Etienne, Eisenhower, Florida A&M University, USA
- Grabenstetter, Doug, Milwauke School of Engineering, USA
- Mitra, Amit, Auburn University, USA
- Rajendran, Chandrasekharan, Indian Institute of Technology Madras, India
- Rathi, Rajeev, Lovely Professional University, India
- Suresh, M., Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham University, India
- Yadav, Om Prakash, North Dakota State University, USA
- Yeung, Shirley Mo-Ching, Gratia Christian College, Hong Kong SAR, China
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.
New Editor for International Journal of Six Sigma and Competitive Advantage
18 May, 2018
Prof. Purushothaman Damodaran from Northern Illinois University in the USA has been appointed to take over editorship of the International Journal of Six Sigma and Competitive Advantage.