International Journal of Soft Computing and Networking
- Editor in Chief
- Dr. M.A. Dorgham
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
IJSCN addresses the interdisciplinary and trans-disciplinary nature of two of the most promising and rapidly expanding fields of computation: soft computing and networking. IJSCN helps promote the further integration and fusion of both disciplines within practical applications and fosters discussion on theoretical advances of such integration. It addresses state-of-the-art contributions within both fields, acknowledging the complexity of present-day communication networks as well as related abstractions, virtualisations, algorithm design and improvement, thus meeting the challenge of achieving efficiency, sustainability and optimality.
Topics covered include
- Soft computing (SC) for network architecture, design and management
- SC and quality-of-service, scalability solutions
- Fairness, optimality, efficiency of network resource sharing and distribution
- SC and network deployment, management and operation
- SC for network security (monitoring, VPN, certification etc.)
- SC for network applications (www, email, etc.) and their operation
- Heuristic and metaheuristic approaches for networking technologies
- Combinatorial optimisation and combinatorial designs for networking problems
- Network metrics, network growth and percolation models
- Fuzzy information processing for modelling of users and network-based services
- Validation, evaluation and simulation approaches
- Nature-inspired networking paradigms
- Soft networking, network virtualisation, cloud and networking services
The objective of IJSCN is to link the rich methodological repertoire of soft computing with the challenging demands and design opportunities of present day communication networks. The widespread use of the Internet has given further opportunities for providing new services and web-based applications as well as the appearance of networking paradigms in new fields of computing. Related applications are often characterised by high complexity while the number of standards for applications is rapidly increasing. Representing such problems as classical optimisation problems may not guarantee exact analytical solutions anymore and the need for advanced solution techniques has become prevalent. Soft computing techniques and their underlying effort-precision trade-off provide a wealth of methods to handle tasks in complex application domains. Such techniques include evolutionary computing, tabu search, simulated annealing, hybrid methods, ensemble methods, swarm intelligence, fuzzy reasoning and fuzzy information and processing, neural network-based computation and evolving intelligent systems, among many others.
IJSCN targets professionals, academics, researchers, educators and policy makers working in the fields of communication networks, networking research, soft computing and its applications. The journal will provide a platform for related technology transfer, engineering and education researchers to rapidly disseminate information and to learn from each other's work.
IJSCN publishes original papers, review papers, technical reports, case studies and book reviews. Special Issues devoted to high-profile topics in soft computing and networking will occasionally be published.
IJSCN is indexed in:
Editor in Chief
- Dorgham, M.A., International Centre for Technology and Management, UK
- Tsuru, Masato, Kyushu Institute of Technology, Japan
Editorial Board Members
- Abraham, Ajith, Machine Intelligence Research Labs (MIR Labs), USA
- Aida, Masaki, Tokyo Metropolitan University, Japan
- Allen, Stuart, Cardiff University, UK
- Boonma, Pruet, Chiang Mai University, Thailand
- Cho, Sung-Bae, Yonsei University, South Korea
- Fiore, Ugo, Federico II University, Italy
- Fujii, Takeo, University of Electro-Communications, Japan
- Hasegawa, Toru, Osaka University, Japan
- Hassanien, Aboul Ella, Cairo University, Egypt
- Kolodziej, Joanna, Cracow University of Technology, Poland
- Li, Jin, Guangzhou University, China
- Miwa, Hiroyoshi, Kwansei Gakuin University, Japan
- Petcu, Dana, West University of Timisoara, Romania
- Pop, Petrica, Technical University of Cluj-Napoca, Romania
- Raidl, Günther R., Vienna University of Technology, Austria
- Shieh, Chin-Shiuh, National Kaohsiung University of Science and Technology, Taiwan, Province of China
- Suzuki, Jun, University of Massachusetts Boston, USA
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.