International Journal of Supply Chain and Inventory Management
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Eleonora Bottani
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 2 issues per year
IJSCIM provides a unique focus by explicitly linking supply chains with inventory management. Inventory, transport, location of production and storage spaces significantly influence supply chain performance. Modifications of inventory policies can lead to a dramatic alteration of supply chain efficiency and responsiveness. Increasing supply chain inventories will improve customer service and revenue but also increase supply chain cost. Therefore, key areas to be explored include the correct sizing of inventory, links with supply chain efficiency and impact on logistics services.
Topics covered include
- Inventory optimisation
- Inventory management models (analytic and simulated)
- Retail inventory management
- Analytic or simulated models for supply chain design
- Supply chain optimisation
- Facility location
- Supply chain performance measurement
- Supply chain management
- Supply network management
- Distribution management
- Logistics management
- Reverse logistics and closed-loop supply chains
- Cold supply chain design and optimisation
- Food supply chain design and optimisation
- Interdependencies between inventory management and supply chain design
IJSCIM aims to provide a forum for research devoted to topics that relate inventory management to supply chain management. Its objective is to become a leading outlet for relevant research in the fields of inventory and supply chain management. Contributions are expected to increase the available knowledge in those areas, with a particular emphasis toward the improvement of all aspects of inventory management and supply chain efficiency, with an international dimension.
The targeted audience includes academics, researchers and professionals such as inventory managers, supply chain managers, purchasing managers, logistics managers and operations managers.
IJSCIM will primarily publish original research articles, review articles and application papers, the latter intended as scientific papers where the authors propose industrial applications of theoretical models related to the topics of inventory and supply chain management. Book reviews and special issues devoted to related topics will occasionally be published.
Editor in Chief
- Bottani, Eleonora, University of Parma, Italy
- Montanari, Roberto, University of Parma, Italy
- Cai, Wenbo (Selina), New Jersey Institute of Technology, USA
- Grassi, Andrea, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Italy
- Rubio Lacoba, Sergio, University of Extremadura, Spain
- Vignali, Giuseppe, University of Parma, Italy
Editorial Board Members
- Abdel-Malek, Layek, New Jersey Institute of Technology, USA
- Bhattacharya, Arijit, University of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Braglia, Marcello, University of Pisa , Italy
- Chaudhry, Sohail S., Villanova University, USA
- Choi, Tsan-Ming (Jason), The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Coltman, Tim, University of Wollongong, Australia
- Coronado Mondragon, Adrian, Royal Holloway, University of London, UK
- Dolgui, Alexandre, IMT Atlantique, France
- Govindan, Kannan, University of Southern Denmark, Denmark
- Hussain, Matloub, Abu Dhabi University, United Arab Emirates
- Jain, Vipul, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand
- Kaviani, Mohamad Amin, Islamic Azad University, Iran
- Khan, Sharafuddin Ahmed, University of Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
- Konstantaras, Ioannis, University of Macedonia, Greece
- Maleki, Meysam, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Portugal
- Medini, Khaled, Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Mines de Saint-Etienne, France
- Meena, Purushottam Lal, New York Institute of Technology, USA
- Phanden, Rakesh Kumar, Amity University, India
- Rane, Santosh, Sardar Patel College of Engineering, India
- Sgroi, Filippo, University of Palermo, Italy
- Shah, Mrinalini, Institute of Management Technology, India
- Shekarian, Ehsan, University of Oulu, Finland
- Shi, Jing, North Dakota State University, USA
- Simic, Dragan, University of Novi Sad, Serbia
- Song, Dongping, University of Liverpool, UK
- Topcu, Aysegul, Boston College, USA
- Valverde, Raul, Concordia University, Canada
- Yenisey, Mehmet Mutlu, Istanbul Technical University, Turkey
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.