International Journal of Systems, Control and Communications
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Jianbo Su
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
- CiteScore 2020 1.1
A fundamental, omnipresent feature of the global information age is that cyber-capabilities, e.g. computing, communication and control, are inherently embedded in numerous physical/engineered systems from the nano-world to large-scale systems-of-systems. Many scientific/technological challenges require intensive multidisciplinary studies, calling for new formulations, techniques and innovative solutions from a spectrum of communities in systems engineering/control/communications. IJSCC offers a vibrant discussion forum in this interdisciplinary area, especially communication systems augmented by control techniques and control systems whose components are interconnected via communication networks.
Topics covered include
- Information-based control systems
- Distributed and cooperative control systems
- Networked control systems (NCS)
- Wired and wireless networks
- Network control (admission/flow/congestion control, etc.)
- Network scheduling and bandwidth allocation
- Informatics in control and communication
- Cyber-physical systems (CPSs)
- Sensor and actuator networks
- Multi-agent systems
- Case studies and applications
- Disturbance rejection in control and communications
The main objectives of IJSCC are to form a vibrant international forum to report on the interdisciplinary developments of theoretical studies, modelling and design methods, computational algorithms and successful applications. Furthermore, it aims at establishing an effective channel of communication between systems engineers, control scientists and communication experts from industries, academe and research laboratories within this field. It particularly welcomes new theoretical results with practical applications.
IJSCC provides a vehicle to help professionals, academics and researchers working in the interdisciplinary field of systems, control and communications engineering to disseminate valuable knowledge and novel findings.
IJSCC publishes original papers, review papers, technical reports, book reviews, notes and commentaries. Special Issues devoted to important and timely topics in integrated control and communication systems will occasionally be published.
IJSCC is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- ACM Digital Library
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
IJSCC is listed in:More journal lists/directories...
- Pedrycz, Witold, University of Alberta, Canada
Editor in Chief
- Su, Jianbo, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China
- Guo, Ge, Northeastern University, China
- Li, Zhaokun, Xidian University, China
Editorial Board Members
- Castelano, Giovanna, University of Bari, Italy
- Chen, Long, University of Macau, China
- Ding, Lei, Nanjing University of Posts and Telecommunications, China
- Ekel, Petr, Pontifical Catholic University of Minas Gerais, Brazil
- Gao, Weinan, Florida Institute of Technology, USA
- Gao, Zhenyu, Northeastern University, China
- Jiang, Zhong-Ping, Polytechnic Institute of New York University, USA
- Koczy, Laszlo T., Budapest University of Technology and Economics, Hungary
- Liu, Huaping, Tsinghua University, China
- Lu, Jun-Guo, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China
- Mo, Huadong, University of New South Wales, Australia
- Shen, Yantao, University of Nevada, USA
- Wang, Kevin I-Kai, University of Auckland, New Zealand
- Watada, Junzo, Waseda University, Japan
- Wen, Shixi, Dalian University, China
- Xiang, Linying, Northeastern University, China
- Xue, Wenchao, Academy of Mathematics and Systems Science, China
- Yang, Guang-Hong, Northeastern University, China
- Yun, Jong Nam, Kim Il Sung University, Democratic People|S South Korea
- Zhang, Xuebo, Nankai University, China
- Zheng, Qing, California Baptist University, USA
- Zong, Guangdeng, Qufu Normal University, China
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.
Looking for a sign
3 May, 2021
A new video equivalent of optical character recognition (OCR) but for sign language is described by researchers from China in the International Journal of Systems, Control and Communications. Kai Zhao, Daotong Wang, and Jianbo Su of Shanghai Jiao Tong University and Kejun Zhang and Yu Zhai of the Shanghai Lingzhi High-Tech Corporation discuss a system that can recognise Chinese sign language in a video stream and convert the language in real-time into text. Such a system could be used to automate the generation of subtitles for people sharing the video stream who are not familiar with Chinese sign language [...]More details...