International Journal of Portfolio Analysis and Management
- Editor in Chief
- Dr. Panos Xidonas
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
IJPAM establishes an international state-of-the-art knowledge platform in the field of portfolio management (PM) and thoroughly captures all underlying research developments. Acknowledging the singularities of the modern financial environment, this research vehicle seeks to significantly improve current PM technologies and portfolio engineering frameworks by publishing only novel and high quality theoretical or empirical contributions. IJPAM finally shapes its content by the research drift and motivation of people involved both in academia and the financial industry.
Topics covered include
- Asset allocation and security selection
- Portfolio construction/optimisation
- Portfolio risk measurement/management
- Portfolio performance evaluation/attribution
- Portfolio re-engineering/rebalancing
- Mutual and hedge funds management
- Pension funds and institutional portfolio management
- Wealth and private portfolio management
- Equity and bond portfolio management
- Hedging and management of derivatives portfolios
- Commodities and alternative instruments portfolio management
- Active-passive portfolio management, investment styles
- Quantitative/algorithmic portfolio management
- Portfolio econometrics and foundations of portfolio theory
- Portfolio analytics and decision support investment platforms
IJPAM is a scholarly journal whose objective is to contribute to PM as a distinct scientific field of economics and finance. Moreover, it aims at cultivating and fostering the generic idea of PM.
IJPAM intends to act as a forum and to establish a platform for academic researchers and industry practitioners in the PM field. Its objectives are to establish an effective channel of communication between all people involved in the underlying research area and to promote and coordinate relevant developments and innovative research initiatives.
- Raise awareness of importance regarding the gravity of the PM research field
- Focus on excellence in developing PM methodologies, models and techniques to deal with major economic and financial decision making problems
- Provide insights relative to the latest PM developments, and
- Offer a networking forum for academic researchers and industry practitioners
IJPAM shapes its content from the research needs of a wide-ranging but tightly focused set of groups that are actively involved in advancing the fields of PM. These groups include academic researchers active within the areas of economics and finance. Contributions from industry practitioners and professionals such as financial analysts, investment consultants, portfolio managers and financial engineers are also welcome.
IJPAM publishes high quality empirical, theoretical and survey research pieces that contribute significantly and provide meaningful insights in the field of PM. Priority is given to articles that reveal novel concepts of broad interest to the research community of finance. Contributions may be by submission or invitation. Suggestions for Special Issues that address specific and well-defined relevant topics are welcome.
IJPAM hosts all of the basic methodological streams of PM. It focuses on papers presenting new theoretical insights and developments, as well as real-world case studies illustrating the implementation of PM approaches in financial practice. Papers exploring the interactions of PM with other relevant disciplines such as information technology, computer science, decision support systems and artificial intelligence are of particular interest. Research papers from eminent scientists reviewing the existing state-of-the-art are also welcome.
IJPAM is indexed in:
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- EconLit (American Economic Association)
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
IJPAM is listed in:
- Australian Business Deans Council Journal Rankings List
- Cabell's Directory of Publishing Opportunities
Editor in Chief
- Xidonas, Panos, ESSCA Grande École, France
- Benninga, Simon, Tel Aviv University, Israel
- Steuer, Ralph, University of Georgia, USA
- Brealey, Richard, London Business School, UK
- Constantinides, George M., University of Chicago Booth, USA
- Gruber, Martin, New York University, USA
- Hull, John, University of Toronto, Canada
- Jensen, Michael, Harvard University, USA
- Levy, Haim, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel
- Luenberger, David, Stanford University, USA
- Markowitz, Harry, University of California, San Diego, USA
Editorial Board Members
- Adcock, Chris, University of Sheffield, UK
- Avellaneda, Marco, New York University, USA
- Batten, Jonathan, RMIT University, Australia
- Bielecki, Tomasz, Illinois Institute of Technology, USA
- Brown, Keith, University of Texas, USA
- Chong, Tsui Kai, SIM University, Singapore
- Choudhry, Taufiq, University of Southampton, UK
- Coakley, Jerry, University of Essex, UK
- Cuthbertson, Keith, City University, UK
- Ferson, Wayne, University of Southern California, USA
- Franke, Guenter, University of Constance, Germany
- Fuertes, Ana-Maria, City University, UK
- Gallati, Reto, University of Chicago Booth, USA
- Haliassos, Michael, Goethe University Frankfurt, Germany
- Kerstens, Kristiaan, Universite Catholique de Lille, France
- Kolm, Petter, New York University, USA
- Konno, Hiroshi, Chuo University, Japan
- Louhichi, Waël, ESSCA – School of Management, France
- Malliaris, A. G. (Tassos), Loyola University Chicago, USA
- Mansini, Renata, University of Brescia, Italy
- Mavrotas, George, National Technical University of Athens, Greece
- McDonald, Robert, Northwestern University, USA
- Mitra, Gautam, Brunel University, UK
- Nordén, Lars, Stockholm University, Sweden
- Ogryczak, Włodzimierz, Warsaw University of Technology, Poland
- Rouwenhorst, Geert, Yale University, USA
- Rutkowski, Marek, University of Sydney , Australia
- Söderlind, Paul, University of St Gallen, Switzerland
- Satchell, Steve, University of Cambridge, UK
- Schoenmakers, John, Weierstrass Institute, Germany
- Schoutens, Wim, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium
- Schwartz, Robert, City University of New York, USA
- Singal, Vijay, Virginia Tech, USA
- Skourias, Nicolas, Iniohos Advisory Services, Switzerland
- Sornette, Didier, ETH Zurich, Switzerland
- Speranza, Grazia, University of Brescia, Italy
- Spronk, Jaap, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Netherlands
- Vaihekoski, Mika, University of Turku, Finland
- Valkanov, Rossen, University of California, San Diego, USA
- Zanotti, Giovanna, Bergamo University, Italy
- Zhou, Guofu, Washington University, USA
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.