International Journal of Multimedia Intelligence and Security
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Abderrahim Benslimane
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
IJMIS is an international, fully refereed research journal which integrates the disciplines of intelligent computing, information security, biometrics, multimedia processing, communication and applications.
Topics covered include
- Multimedia processing/content understanding/communication
- Multimedia semantic analysis/data mining
- Internet/mobile multimedia sharing
- Intelligent multimedia interface/services
- Biological/medical image processing
- Intelligent e-health based on multimedia analysis
- Multimedia database management
- Innovative multimedia systems or devices
- Multimedia content security/copy detection/copyright protection, digital rights management
- Object/event detection/tracking
- Biometric recognition, person identification from multimedia content
- Intelligent surveillance
- Crime detection/homeland security based on multimedia analysis
- Sensitive content retrieval/filtering over Internet
- Security and privacy in multimedia social networks
The objectives of IJMIS are to provide a forum to information technology educators, researchers, and practitioners to advance the practice and understanding of multimedia intelligence and security. "Multimedia" refers but is not limited to text, image, video, audio, graphics, animation, etc. The journal places a major emphasis on how to realise intelligent multimedia computing and communication and how to adopt multimedia intelligence in security related applications.
IJMIS provides a vehicle to help professionals, academics, researchers and policy makers, working in the field of multimedia data processing, management, engineering and applications, to disseminate information and to learn from each other's work.
IJMIS publishes original papers, review papers, technical reports, case studies, conference reports, management reports, book reviews, notes, commentaries, and news. Special Issues devoted to important topics in multimedia intelligence or security will occasionally be published.
IJMIS is indexed in:
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- DBLP Computer Science Bibliography
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
IJMIS is listed in:More journal lists/directories...
Editor in Chief
- Benslimane, Abderrahim, University of Avignon, France
- Chen, Hsiao-Hwa, National Cheng Kung University, Taiwan, Province of China
- Chen, Kwang-Cheng, University of South Florida, USA
- Guizani, Mohsen, University of Idaho, USA
- Leung, Victor C. M., The University of British Columbia, Canada
Editorial Board Members
- Benamar, Nabil, Moulay Ismail University, Morocco
- Cavagnino, Davide, Università degli Studi di Torino, Italy
- Dargahi, Tooska, University of Salford, UK
- Guo, Hongzhi, Xidian University, China
- Hewage, Chaminda, Cardiff Metropolitan University, UK
- Hussain, Rasheed, Innopolis University, Russian Federation
- Jiang, Chunxiao, Tsinghua University, China
- Kanellopoulos, Dimitris, University of Patras, Greece
- Liu, Jiajia, Xidian University, China
- Liu, Qingzhong, Sam Houston State University, USA
- Lu, Rongxing, University of New Brunswick, Canada
- Matrawy, Ashraf, Carleton University, Canada
- Otrok, Hadi, Khalifa University, United Arab Emirates
- Prasad, Neeli R., Aalborg University, Denmark
- Rehmani, Mubashir Husain, Waterford Institute of Technology, Ireland
- Roose, Philippe, IUT of Bayonne, France
- Song, Houbing, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, USA
- Tsai, Chun-Ming, University of Taipei , Taiwan, Province of China
- Vegni, Anna Maria, Roma Tre University, Italy
- Wang, Boyang, University of Cincinnati, USA
- Wen, Sun, Xidian University, China
- Yu, Shui, Deakin University, Australia
- Zhang, Wensheng, Iowa State University, USA
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.
Manipulation, that's the name of the game
8 March, 2022
With the growth of 24-hour connectivity, always-on news, and social media we have access to more instantaneous information than at any time in history. Unfortunately, with the news comes "fake news". We must rage a constant battle against the disinformation, misinformation, propaganda, and lies with which we are faced each day in our timelines. New research published in the International Journal of Multimedia Intelligence and Security, addresses one aspect of this problem – the manipulated image. Xichen Zhang, Sajjad Dadkhah, Samaneh Mahdavifar, Rongxing Lu, and Ali A. Ghorbani of the Faculty of Computer Science, Canadian Institute for Cybersecurity at the University of New Brunswick, in Fredericton, Canada, have developed a framework that uses entity matching to analyse a suspect image and determine whether it can be verified as authentic [...]More details...