International Journal of Logistics Economics and Globalisation
- Editor in Chief
- Dr. Xun Xu
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
IJLEG addresses the development and application of logistics in the world economy and globalised arena. With increased complexity and competition in today's and tomorrow's supply chain and extended enterprise, logistical systems and technologies play critical roles in ensuring the flow of tangible and intangible goods and information in production networks. The economics perspective in this context calls for improved performance assessment, evaluation and modelling of such logistical systems, evolving around issues related to human capital, intellectual capital and knowledge capital.
Topics covered include
- Logistics information systems, enterprise/distribution networks, economics
- Purchasing and procurement, transportation/warehouse management
- Logistics and transportation optimisation and global logistical networks
- Outsourcing/off-shoring, third party logistics, reverse logistics
- Enterprise resource planning and ERPII, and the extended enterprise
- Emerging/mobile/connective technology, RFID/EDI for logistics performance
- Logistics network security, uncertainty/risk in a globalised supply network
- Real-time and web-based logistical operations
- Data mining global supply chains, data exchange standards, e.g. RosettaNet
- Supplier relationship management, customer relationship management
- Business to business/consumer, business intelligence, knowledge management
- E-procurement, e-commerce, e-business and e-organisation
- Global supply chain management, demand chain management
- Order fulfilment and quick response in a globalised network
- Strategic alliances/partnerships, knowledge/technology transfer
The objectives of IJLEG are to establish an effective channel of communication between policy makers, government agencies, academic and research institutions and persons concerned with the management of supply chains, networks and enterprises in the global market. It aims to bring together current research, development and application in improving logistical systems, supply chains efficiency, networks and enterprises performance. Study involving supply chain-specific, network-specific, enterprise-specific, cluster-specific, industry-specific, country-specific issues with a national-focus or international-focus, is welcome.
IJLEG provides a domain to assist professionals, academics, researchers, policy makers and practitioners, working in the field of logistics and supply chain management, logistics economics, enterprise management, operations management, technology management, production management, network management and globalisation to disseminate information and to learn from each other's work.
IJLEG publishes original papers, review papers, technical reports, case studies, conference reports, management reports, book reviews, notes, commentaries, and news. Special Issues devoted to important topics in logistics and supply chain management, logistics economics, enterprise management, operations management, technology management, production management, network management and globalisation, will occasionally be published.
IJLEG is indexed in:
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- Asian Digital Library
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- Business Collection (Gale)
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
IJLEG is listed in:
- Australian Business Deans Council Journal Rankings List
- Cabell's Directory of Publishing Opportunities
Editor in Chief
- Xu, Xun, California State University, Stanislaus, USA
- He, Yuanjie, California State Polytechnic University, USA
- Hilletofth, Per, Jönköping University, Sweden
- Ketikidis, Panayiotis H., University of Sheffield International Faculty, CITY College, Greece
- Lee, Tzong-Ru (Jiun-Shen), National Chung Hsing University, Taiwan
- Yu, Dennis, Clarkson University, USA
Editorial Board Members
- Arunachalam, Subramaniam, University of East London, UK
- Badiru, Adedeji B., Air Force Institute of Technology, USA
- Chen, Homin, National Taiwan University, Taiwan
- Cheng, Kai, Brunel University, UK
- Chi, Robert, California State University, Long Beach, USA
- Cucchiella, Federica, University of L'Aquila, Italy
- Gastaldi, Massimo, University of L’Aquila, Italy
- Goldsby, Thomas J., University of Kentucky, USA
- Greis, Noel P., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA
- Gunasekaran, Angappa, California State University, Bakersfield, USA
- Iakovou, Eleftherios (Lefteris), Texas A&M University, USA
- Ibrahim, Abdul Razak, Kolej Universiti Poly-Tech MARA, Malaysia
- Iyer, Easwar Krishna, Great Lakes Institute of Management, India
- Kidachi, Manao, Chuo University, Japan
- Kumar, Sameer, University of St. Thomas, USA
- Kusiak, Andrew, University of Iowa, USA
- Lee, Chieh, Yuan Ze University, Taiwan
- Mentzer, John T. (Tom), University of Tennessee, USA
- Pires, Sílvio R. I., Methodist University of Piracicaba (UNIMEP), Brazil
- Rajesh, Rajamani, Noorul Islam University, India
- Sawhney, Rupy S., University of Tennessee, USA
- Siau, Johann, University of Hertfordshire, UK
- Valkokari, Katri, VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland, Finland
- Wang, Juite (Ray), National Chung Hsing University, Taiwan
- Yan, Jihong, Harbin Institute of Technology (HIT), China
- Zeng, Shuo, California State Polytechnic University, USA
- Zhao, Laijun, Shanghai Jiaotong University, China
- Zografos, Konstantinos G., Athens University of Economics and Business, Greece
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.