International Journal of Lifecycle Performance Engineering
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Hong Hao
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
IJLCPE is founded on the basis that everyone in the design, construction and management of civil structures should consider that each decision made and each action taken is constrained by limited resources. It is vitally important that they take into account that structures have a finite lifetime and are involved in an aging process whereby slow degradation and sudden environmental threats play a role and risk evolves to higher values, implying additional costs. Structural performance thus becomes a "lifecycle performance".
Topics covered include
- Damage evolution and risk analysis
- Time dependent structural performance and lifecycle behaviour
- Environmental threats (earthquakes, floods, strong winds), residual safety analysis
- Degradation and aging of structural materials
- Robustness and vulnerability to local explosions and fires
- Infrastructural and urban system resilience
- Lifecycle oriented design criteria
- Maintenance planning
- Lifecycle and retrofit
- Safety assessment by structural health monitoring
- Case studies
The objectives of IJLCPE are to establish an effective channel of communication between scientific researchers, professional engineers, construction companies, managers and administrations, aiming to promote the philosophy of lifecycle performance oriented design and construction and to contribute to tracing a pathway towards more suitable maintenance and exploitation procedures and to establish rational and consistent bases to support management and related decision making.
IJLCPE provides a vehicle to help professionals, academics, researchers and policy makers, working in the field of civil construction management and exploitation, engineering and technical education, to disseminate information and to learn from each other's work
IJLCPE publishes original papers, review papers and technical reports. Special Issues devoted to important topics in scientific and technological advances, very important case studies and conference reports will occasionally be published.
Editor in Chief
- Hao, Hong, Curtin University, Australia
- Li, Jun, Curtin University, Australia
Regional Editor Asia Pacific
- Xia, Yong, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, China
Regional Editor Europe
- Ceravolo, Rosario, Politecnico di Torino, Italy
Regional Editor North America
- Cai, C.S., Louisiana State University, USA
Regional Editor South America
- Ambrosini, Daniel, Universidad Nacional de Cuyo, Argentina
- Aktan, Ahmet Emin, Drexel University, USA
- Betti, Raimondo, Columbia University, USA
- Brownjohn, James M.W., University of Sheffield, UK
- Chan, Tommy, Queensland University of Technology, Australia
- Chen, Jianbing, Tongji University, China
- Dyke, Shirley J., Purdue University, USA
- Koh, Chan Ghee, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Lau, David T., University of Carleton, Canada
- Li, Hong-Nan, Shenyang Jianzhu University, China
- Li, Hui, Harbin Institute of Technology, China
- Melchers, Robert E, University of Newcastle, Australia
- Ren, Wei-Xin, Hefei University of Technology, China
- Song, Gangbing, University of Houston, USA
- Xu, Yong-Lin, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, China
- Yi, Ting-Hua, Dalian University of Technology, China
- Zhu, Hong-Ping, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China
Editorial Board Members
- An, Yonghui, Dalian University of Technology, China
- Bakhary, Norhisham, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, Malaysia
- Bi, Kaiming, Curtin University, Australia
- Chatzi, Eleni, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Switzerland
- Chen, Hua-Peng, The University of Greenwich, UK
- Dong, You, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Hester, David, Queen's University Belfast, UK
- Kong, Qingzhao, Tongji University, China
- Lam, Heung Fai, Hong Kong City University, China
- Li, Jian, University of Kansas, USA
- Manohar, C.S., Indian Institute of Science, India
- Matta, Emiliano, Politecnico di Torino, Italy
- Nagayama, Tomonori, The University of Tokyo, Japan
- Ng, Ching-Tai, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Nguyen, Andy, University of Southern Queensland, Australia
- Omenzetter, Piotr, University of Aberdeen, UK
- Sun, Hao, Northeastern University, USA
- Surace, Cecilia, Politecnico di Torino, Italy
- Tan, Ping, Guangzhou University, China
- Wang, Ying, Harbin Institute of Technology, China
- Weng, Shun, Huazhong University of Technology and Science, China
- Ye, Xiaowei, Zhejiang University, China
- Zanotti Fragonara, Luca, Cranfield University, UK
- Zhan, Jian, Southeast University, China
- Zhang, Chunwei, Qingdao University of Technology, China
- Zhu, Xinqun, University of Technology Sydney, Australia
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.