International Journal of Information Systems and Management
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Yue Guo
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
Information systems contain many subsystems within organisations. The field of study encompasses disciplines in social science, computer science, ICTs, management, multimedia, etc. An information systems professional’s mission is to turn systems into organisational values, requiring innovative, communication, technical, people, management and valuation skills. One must keep abreast of knowledge, methods, phenomena and technology advances, applying them to managing an organisation. IJISAM is a double-blind refereed, authoritative reference addressing working/potential information systems theories/applications and emerging issues of interest to professionals/academics.
Topics covered include
- Architectures/infrastructures, agent/intelligent/knowledge-based systems
- [Bio]medical informatics, social informatics
- Collaborative work systems/management, human factors
- Data mining, knowledge discovery, data warehouse, OLAP, ontologies
- Database architectures/applications, decision support systems
- Enterprise/executive information systems, ethics in IS
- Functional information systems, impacts of information systems
- IT globalisation, interorganisational systems, e-commerce, virtual business
- ICTs, media, communications, emerging information technologies
- IS education, outsourcing, performance, planning, quality, security, theories, models
- Knowledge management, organisational learning, knowledge networks
- Management information systems, management of information resources
- Metrics/benchmarking, capabilities evaluation, research methods
- Software process/project management, workflow management
- Strategic IS, IT valuation, information economics, competitive advantage
The objectives of IJISAM are to develop, promote and coordinate the development and practice of information systems theories and methods. It also aims to help professionals, business educators and policy-makers to contribute know-how, to disseminate information, and to learn from each other. The international dimension is emphasised in order to overcome cultural and national barriers and to meet the needs of accelerating technological and organisational changes in the global community.
Professionals, policy-makers, academics, researchers and managers in IT, business and commerce.
IJISAM publishes original and review papers, technical reports, case studies and research notes. Contributions may be by submission or invitation, and suggestions for Special Issues and publications are welcome.
Honorary Editor in Chief
- Li, Eldon Y., Chung Yuan Christian University, Taiwan
Editor in Chief
- Guo, Yue, King’s College London, UK
- Burns, Timothy J., Ramapo College of New Jersey, USA
- Choi, Kyungsub S., Rhode Island College, USA
- Gou, Qinglong, University of Science and Technology of China, China
- Benbasat, Izak, University of British Columbia, Canada
- Bjørn-Andersen, Niels, Copenhagen Business School, Denmark
- Chen, Peter Pin-Shan, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, USA
- Davis, Gordon B., Georgia State University, USA
- Ein-Dor, Phillip, Tel-Aviv University, Israel
- Kraemer, Kenneth L., University of California at Irvine, USA
- Lucas, Jr., Henry C., University of Maryland, USA
- Madnick, Stuart, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA
- McLean, Ephraim R., Georgia State University, USA
- Nolan, Richard, Harvard Business School, USA
- Nunamaker, Jay F., University of Arizona, USA
- Sibley, Edgar H., George Mason University, USA
- Turban, Efraim, University of Hawaii, USA
- Whinston, Andrew B., The University of Texas at Austin, USA
- Zwass, Vladimir, Fairleigh Dickinson University, USA
Editorial Board Members
- Avgerou, Chrisanthi, The London School of Economics and Political Science, UK
- Baskerville, Richard L., Georgia State University, USA
- Bui, Tung X., University of Hawaii at Manoa, USA
- Chau, Patrick Y.K., The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Chen, Houn-Gee, National Taiwan University, Taiwan
- Chen, Hsinchun, The University of Arizona, USA
- Davis, Fred D., University of Arkansas, USA
- Du, Timon C., The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Fichman, Robert G., Boston College, USA
- Galletta, Dennis F., University of Pittsburgh, USA
- Gordon, Michael D., University of Michigan Business School, USA
- Gregor, Shirley, The Australian National University, Australia
- Grover, Varun, Clemson University, USA
- Hirschheim, Rudy, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, USA
- Iivari, Juhani, University of Oulu, Finland
- Ives, Blake, University of Houston, USA
- Jarvenpaa, Sirkka, The University of Texas at Austin, USA
- Jiang, James J., National Taiwan University, Taiwan
- Karahanna, Elena, University of Georgia, USA
- Kauffman, Robert J., Singapore Management University, Singapore
- Kirsch, Laurie J., University of Pittsburgh, USA
- Lederer, Albert L., University of Kentucky, USA
- Lee, Allen, Virginia Commonwealth University, USA
- Leidner, Dorothy E., Baylor University, USA
- Liang, Ting-Peng, National Chengchi University, Taiwan
- Pankowska, Malgorzata, University of Economics, Poland
- Sabherwal, Rajiv, University of Arkansas, USA
- Sambamurthy, Vallab, Michigan State University, USA
- Sarkar, Sumit, University of Texas at Dallas, USA
- Saunders, Carol S., University of Central Florida, USA
- Schoder, Detlef, University of Cologne, Germany
- Shaw, Michael, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA
- Sheng, Olivia, University of Utah, USA
- Straub, Detmar W., Georgia State University, USA
- Te'eni, Dov, Tel Aviv University, Israel
- Vessey, Iris, University of Queensland, Australia
- Vogel, Douglas R., Harbin Institute of Technology, China
- Wang, Eric T.G., National Central University, Taiwan
- Wei, Kwok Kee, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Whang, Seungjin, Stanford University, USA
- Yen, David C., State University of New York, USA
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.
Cloudy economic outlook
31 October, 2018
There has been a considerable amount of hyperbole expounded around the topic of cloud computing. However, it is a paradigm that offers many benefits to those with limited computing resources or simply a need to shift the processing and data storage to external systems and reap the benefits of distributed, networked tools and memory [...]More details...
New Editor for International Journal of Information Systems and Management
29 January, 2019
Prof. Yue Guo from King's College London in the UK has been appointed to take over editorship of the International Journal of Information Systems and Management. The journal's previous Editor in Chief, Prof. Eldon Li, will remain with the journal as Honorary Editor in Chief.