International Journal of Innovation and Regional Development
- Prof. Panayiotis H. Ketikidis
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
With acceleration of technological development and adoption and greater market competition, innovation is a prerequisite for enterprise survival. Innovation activity encompasses both manufacturing and service sectors. Innovation takes place in the local, regional and international contexts, often under the auspices of an entrepreneurial spirit and within small firms. IJIRD addresses innovation and regional development, sharing findings that promote innovation, thus enhancing economic, technological and regional development through new economic activities that stimulate wealth, employment and growth generation and increase competitiveness.
Topics covered include
- Regional systems of innovation, competitiveness and development
- Regional innovation strategies, innovative cities and regions
- Knowledge transfer and infusion, technology transfer
- Green ICT and supply chains
- Collaborative and intelligent systems of innovation, virtual innovation environments
- Innovative supply chains, network collaboration and joint ventures
- Business intelligence management
- Patenting, research and development in SMEs
- E-technology adoption and semantic web services
- Knowledge economy/integration, innovative companies and clusters
- Biotechnology diffusion
- Uncertainty and risk in innovation
- Entrepreneurship and SME competitiveness
- Outsourcing and off-shoring
- Social business and innovation
The objective of IJIRD is to establish an effective channel of communication between policy makers, government agencies, academic and research institutions and persons concerned with latest research, scientific development and practice on innovation and regional development. Studies on new performance indices, benchmarking innovation activities, knowledge transfer and infusion, innovativeness of SMEs, bio-technology adoption, e-technology diffusion, new product development, supply network collaboration, joint ventures, and also problems such as fragmentation and integration of industrial clusters, will form part of the journal. IJIRD also welcomes study related to these areas that focus on regional development and innovation management. Comprehensive and critical reviews of the literature, experimentations, surveys, interviews, case studies, simulation modelling, and other similar methodologically-derived papers in the related areas will be suitable for publication.
IJIRD provides a domain to assist professionals, academics, researchers, policy makers and practitioners, working in the field of innovation, regional development, economic, technological development, and knowledge transfer and infusion, to disseminate information and to learn from each other's work, thus promoting developments in the field. Advancement of innovation is not a matter of technology or technology transfer per se but a combination of factors that places people at the centre of all interaction; thus special emphasis will be put on difficulties when designing and implementing innovative strategies as well as on regional training needs.
IJIRD publishes original papers, review papers, technical reports, case studies, conference reports, management reports, book reviews, notes, commentaries, and news. Special Issues devoted to important topics in innovation, regional development, economic and technological development as well as knowledge transfer and knowledge infusion, will be occasionally published.
IJIRD is indexed in:
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- Asian Digital Library
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- EconLit (American Economic Association)
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
IJIRD is listed in:More journal lists/directories...
- Ketikidis, Panayiotis H., University of Sheffield International Faculty, CITY College, Greece
- Carayannis, Elias G., George Washington University, USA
- Koh, Siau Ching Lenny, University of Sheffield, UK
- Oerlemans, Leon, University of Pretoria and Tilburg University, Netherlands
Editorial Board Members
- Anttiroiko, Ari-Veikko, University of Tampere, Finland
- Clifton, Nicholas, Cardiff Metropolitan University, UK
- Danson, Mike, Heriot-Watt University, UK
- Fulford, Heather, Robert Gordon University, UK
- Gunasekaran, Angappa, California State University, Bakersfield, USA
- Huggins, Robert, University of Cardiff, UK
- Kayakutlu, Gülgün, Istanbul Technical University, Turkey
- Komninos, Nicos, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
- Landabaso, Mikel, European Commission, Belgium
- Lopes, Ilídio Tomás, ISCTE University Institute of Lisbon, Portugal
- Manthou, Vicky, University of Macedonia, Greece
- Melkas, Helinä, Lappeenranta University of Technology, Finland
- Möslein, Kathrin, Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg, Germany
- Pallot, Marc, The University of Nottingham, UK
- Park, Sang Chul, Korea Polytechnic University, South Korea
- Peck, Frank, University of Cumbria, UK
- Polenakovik, Radmil, Ss. Cyril and Methodius University, Macedonia, F.Y.R.
- Ranga, Marina, Stony Brook University, USA
- Reid, Alasdair, Technopolis Group, Belgium, Belgium
- Rodríguez-Pose, Andrés, London School of Economics, UK
- Schaffers, Hans, Aalto University, Finland
- Van der Sijde, Peter, VU University of Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Williams, Colin, University of Sheffield, UK
- Zaharis, Nikos, South East European Research Centre (SEERC), Greece
- Zigiaris, Sotirios, Prince Mohammed Bin Fahd University, Saudi Arabia
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.