International Journal of Inventory Research
- Editor in Chief
- Dr. Chun-Hung Chiu
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
IJIR publishes contemporary, cutting-edge research on all aspects of inventory theory to foster discussion among researchers, practitioners, and educators on the management and control of inventories. IJIR differentiates itself from other related journals by being fully devoted to inventory research. It aims to be an important and authoritative source of information for inventory theory. It also covers topics pertaining to the interfaces between inventory management and other disciplines, such as marketing (e.g. inventory and pricing problems), finance (e.g. risk analysis in inventory management), and information systems.
Topics covered include
- Deterministic/stochastic inventory models
- Single/multi-echelon inventory problems
- Static and dynamic inventory control
- Empirical research in inventory management
- Case studies in inventory
- Interfaces between inventory management and other areas (marketing, finance, etc)
- Inventory management in supply chains
- Retail inventory management
- Manufacturing inventory research
- Revenue management
- Information systems for inventory control (RFID, ERP,etc)
- Transportation inventory networks
- Inventory management in lean systems
- Operational and strategic issues in inventory control
The objective of IJIR is to promote and stimulate innovative inventory research and its application for improving the productivity, customer satisfaction and competitiveness of manufacturing firms, retailers, logistics providers and all organisations that manage inventories. Although the journal maintains a focus on inventory theory, it deals with operational as well as strategic issues, with specific inventory models and with general supply chain issues, with firm-level as well as macroeconomic perspectives.
IJIR is relevant for all managers and professionals, researchers, educators and students concerned with recent advances in the area of inventory management and control. Individuals from a variety of disciplines such as operations management, industrial and systems engineering, operational research, supply chain management, statistics, economics, etc. will find IJIR beneficial.
IJIR publishes original, high-quality research in inventory management. Normative and methodological research, empirical studies, case studies and innovative applications are appropriate, provided there is a significant contribution to the inventory literature or a high level of practical managerial relevance. State-of-the-art review papers that examine and evaluate recent streams of inventory research will also be considered. Special Issues devoted to important topics in inventory research will occasionally be published.
IJIR is indexed in:
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- Google Scholar
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
IJIR is listed in:
- Australian Business Deans Council Journal Rankings List
- Cabell's Directory of Publishing Opportunities
Editor in Chief
- Chiu, Chun-Hung, Sun Yat-sen University, China
- Taleizadeh, Ata Allah, University of Tehran, Iran
- Choi, Tsan-Ming (Jason), The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Urban, Timothy L., The University of Tulsa, USA
Subject Editor (Sustainability and Fashion Inventory Research)
- Shen, Jerry Bin, Donghua University, China
- Chen, Jenny, Dalhousie University, Canada
- Khan, Mehmood, Abu Dhabi University, United Arab Emirates
- Konstantaras, Ioannis, University of Macedonia, Greece
- Song, Dongping, University of Liverpool, UK
- Yue, Xiaohang, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, USA
- Chan, Hau-Ling, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong SAR, China
Editorial Board Members
- Arikan, Feyzan, Gazi University, Turkey
- Axsäter, Sven, Lund University, Sweden
- Çetinkaya, Sila, Texas A&M University, USA
- Chan, Hing-Kai, University of Nottingham - Ningbo, China
- Chen, Youhua, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Cheng, T.C. Edwin, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Chung, Nick, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Dolgui, Alexandre, IMT Atlantique, France
- Gallego, Guillermo, Columbia University, USA
- Gaur, Vishal, Cornell University, USA
- Geunes, Joseph P., University of Florida, USA
- Goh, Mark, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Govindan, Kannan, University of Southern Denmark, Denmark
- Grubbström, Robert W., Linköping Institute of Technology, Sweden
- Heydari, Jafar, University of Tehran, Iran
- Hsu, Vernon Ning, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Ivanov, Dmitry, Berlin School of Economics and Law, Germany
- Kim, Taebok, Hanyang University, South Korea
- Kouvelis, Panos, Washington University in St. Louis, USA
- Lau, Hon-Shiang, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Li, Xun, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Li, Yongjian, Nankai University, China
- Maccini, Louis J., Johns Hopkins University, USA
- Nahmias, Steven, Santa Clara University, USA
- Nalca, Arcan, Queen's University, Canada
- Nie, Xiaofeng, Texas A&M University, USA
- Özer, Özalp, University of Texas at Dallas, USA
- Perry, David, University of Haifa, Israel
- Pyke, David F., University of San Diego, USA
- Rao, Uday S., University of Cincinnati, USA
- Romeijn, H. Edwin, University of Michigan, USA
- Sarmah, Sarada Prasad, Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, India
- Shen, Zuo-Jun (Max), University of California, Berkeley, USA
- Sheu, Jiuh-Biing, National Taiwan University, Taiwan
- Skouri, Konstantina, University of Ioannina, Greece
- Sox, Charles R., University of Alabama, USA
- Wagelmans, Albert P. M., Erasmus University Rotterdam, Netherlands
- Wallace, Stein W., Norwegian School of Economics, Norway
- Wang, Xiaojun, University of Bristol, UK
- Wang, Yunzeng, University of California, Riverside, USA
- Wei, Ying, Jinan University, China
- Zhang, Ying, The State University of New York at Buffalo, USA
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.