International Journal of Intercultural Information Management
- Editor in Chief
- Associate Prof. John Dong
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
IJIIM publishes papers investigating international and intercultural issues with regard to information management. Because of cultural and national differences, information technology that works perfectly in one place may not work in another, and identical information systems may have different uses and impacts across countries. IJIIM welcomes scholarly research addressing all aspects of international and intercultural issues associated with information systems and information technology, especially emerging new technologies (e.g. artificial intelligence and robotics, big data and analytics, blockchains and fintech).
Topics covered include
- Artificial intelligence and robotics in different countries
- Big data and knowledge management across countries
- Blockchains and fintech in different countries
- Digital innovation and entrepreneurship across countries
- Digital supply chain management in the global economy
- Customer relationship management in international contexts
- Managing technological changes in multinational corporations
- IS/IT design and development across national contexts
- Impact of national culture on IS/IT strategies and uses
- Global labour markets for IT personnel and skills
- IS/IT education and training for international workforces
- Managing virtual teams across national borders
- International/intercultural privacy concerns for IS/IT
- Green IS/IT issues in different national contexts
- Information security issues across countries
The main objective of IJIIM is to promote the research into and practice of new strategies, tools, techniques and technologies for the design, development and implementation IS/IT involving international and intercultural variations. This will help improve the effectiveness of using IS/IT in manufacturing and service industries and non-profit organisations around the world. IJIIM aims to establish an effective channel of communication between academic researchers, educators, designers, managers, consultants and policy makers to contribute, disseminate and learn knowledge about intercultural information management. The intercultural dimension is emphasised in our efforts in disseminating knowledge to overcome cultural and national barriers, and to keep up with accelerating technological changes. IJIIM acts as a forum for exchanging innovative ideas and sharing research and practical experiences in intercultural information management.
IJIIM provides a forum to help academics, practitioners and policy makers working in the field of IS/IT to discuss important ideas and findings and to disseminate knowledge and learn from each other. Readers will have the opportunity to discover future directions to improve the effectiveness of IS/IT in international and intercultural contexts.
IJIIM publishes original papers, review papers, technical reports, case studies, conference reports, management reports, state-of-the-art reviews, and technical notes. Special Issues devoted to important topics in Intercultural Information Management will occasionally be published.
Editor in Chief
- Dong, John, University of Groningen, Netherlands
Regional Editor Americas
- Nishant, Rohit, University of Laval, Canada
Regional Editor Europe, Middle East and Africa
- Tan, Chee-Wee, Copenhagen Business School, Denmark
Regional Editor Oceania
- Lim, Eric T.K., University of New South Wales, Australia
Regional Editor Pacific Asia
- Du, Rong, Xidian University, China
Editorial Board Members
- Bahli, Bouchaib, Ryerson University, Canada
- Conlon, Sumali, University of Mississippi, USA
- Ferreira, Fernando Alberto Freitas, University Institute of Lisbon, Portugal
- Gholami, Roya, NEOMA Business School, France
- Goh, Mark, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Kartiwi, Mira, International Islamic University Malaysia, Malaysia
- Liu, Shan, Xi'an Jiaotong University, China
- Mitra, Jay, University of Essex, UK
- Nahar, Nazmun, University of Jyväskylä, Finland
- Singh, Vivek, University of South Florida, USA
- Smailhodzic, Edin, Hanze University of Applied Sciences, Netherlands
- Tsui, Eric, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Vo-Tran, Huan, RMIT University, Australia
- Yan, Yan, Renmin University of China, China
- Yang, Chia-Han, National Cheng Kung University, Taiwan
- Zhu, Zhen, China University of Geosciences, China
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.
New Editor for International Journal of Intercultural Information Management
5 March, 2019
Associate Prof. John Dong from University of Groningen in the Netherlands has been appointed to take over editorship of the International Journal of Intercultural Information Management.