International Journal of Human Rights and Constitutional Studies
- Editor in Chief
- Dr. Christina M. Akrivopoulou
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
- Impact factor (Clarivate Analytics) 2023 0 (5 Year Impact Factor 0.1)
IJHRCS initiates and fosters academic dialogue concerning the modern subjects of constitutional law and human rights protection from a global perspective. It provides novel and original material in the fields of current economic and political crises, globalised democratic governance, human rights public policies, the theory and philosophy of rights, comparative constitutional law and the methodology of law.
Topics covered include
- International constitutional law
- International human rights protection
- Comparative constitutional law
- Constitutional theory and policy
- Theory of rights
- Philosophy of rights
- Globalisation and governance
- Constitutional rights, constitutional freedoms
- Methodology of law
- Constitutional politics
- EU constitutionalisation
- Migration and multiculturalism
- Democratic deficit theory
- Political parties and elections
- Digital participation, e-democracy, e-governance
In a multicultural and globalised era, IJHRCS aims to provide for the international academic audience a forum for a fruitful, ongoing and updated dialogue on the contours of modern constitutionalism by bringing together theory and praxis. Thus one the main objectives of the journal is to establish the communication between academics and policy makers, researchers and legal practitioners as well as politicians.
IJHRCS provides a vehicle to help academics, researchers, policy makers, legal practitioners, law students, politicians and the judiciary working in the fields of human rights theory and protection and constitutional studies to disseminate information, innovative argumentation and updated academic knowledge.
IJHRCS publishes original papers, conference reports, jurisprudence, book reviews, notes and commentaries. Special issues devoted to important topics of human rights and constitutional studies will occasionally be published.
Editor in Chief
- Akrivopoulou, Christina M., Democritus University of Thrace, Greece
- Fournier, Knut, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
Regional Editor Asia
- Sinha, Manoj Kumar, WB National University of Juridical Sciences, India
Regional Editor Eastern Europe
- Drzewicka, Bożena, Ateneum-University in Gdansk, Poland
Regional Editor Latin America
- Korstanje, Maximiliano E., University of Palermo, Argentina
Regional Editors North America
- Oklopcic, Zoran, Carleton University, Canada
- Skoll, Geoffrey R., Buffalo State College, USA
- Ruggeri, Antonio, Università degli Studi di Messina, Italy
- Symeonides, Symeon C., Willamette University, USA
Editorial Board Members
- Andrade, Norberto Nuno Gomes de, European University Institute, Italy
- Bielenia-Grajewska, Magdalena, University of Gdansk, Poland
- Bilchitz, David, University of Johannesburg, South Africa
- Boersema, David, Pacific University, USA
- Brottes, Jérémy, University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg
- Chow, Pok Yin Stephenson, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Contartese, Cristina, University of Bologna, Italy
- Dimitropoulos, Georgios, European Public Law Organization, Greece
- Escudé, Carlos, Argentine National Council of Scientific Research (CONICET) and "Marshall T. Meyer" Latin American Rabbinical Seminary, Argentina
- Gaballo, Viviana, University of Macerata, Italy
- Hai-Jew, Shalin, Kansas State University, USA
- Johnstone, Rachael Lorna, University of Akureyri, Iceland
- Köse, Melike Akkaraca, Istanbul Kültür University, Turkey
- Karayianni, Christiana, Frederick University Cyprus, Cyprus
- Koutnatzis, Stylianos-Ioannis G., Democritus University of Thrace, Greece
- Kumar, C. Raj, O.P. Jindal Global University , India
- Meix, Pablo, Universidad de Castilla-La Mancha, Spain
- Nehmelman, Remco, Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Papadopoulou, Lina, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
- Quinlan, Tara Lai, King’s College London, UK
- Rezzouk-Hammachi, Vincent, Université du Mans , France
- Romanin Jacur, Francesca, Universitá degli Studi di Milano, Italy
- Roper, Steven D., Eastern Illinois University, USA
- Sgueo, Gianluca, University of Viterbo "La Tuscia", Italy
- Su, Shumin, Beijing International Studies University , China
- Temel, Bülent, Southern New Hampshire University and Atilim University, Turkey
- Torres, Ivan Pincheira, University of Santiago de Chile, Chile
- Weilert, A. Katarina, Forschungsstätte der Evangelischen Studiengemeinschaft e.V., Germany
- Yasuaki, Onuma, University of Tokyo, Japan
- Zafiropoulos, Kostas, University of Macedonia, Greece
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.