International Journal of Human Factors and Ergonomics
- Editor in Chief
- Dr. Denis A. Coelho
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
- CiteScore 1.2 (2021)
IJHFE publishes high quality international interdisciplinary peer-reviewed manuscripts covering ergonomics and human factors in the design, planning, development and management of technical and social systems for work or leisure, including technical systems, equipment, products and the organisation of work.
Topics covered include
- Environmental and physical ergonomics
- Human-machine systems design/tool/equipment design
- Eliciting human requirements on technology
- Usability/comfort/pleasure/cognitive engineering of human-technology interfaces
- Anthropometrics/design for people with disabilities
- Design of critical systems/equipment for extreme environments
- Human performance measurement and modelling
- Humans in transportation systems/technologically complex systems
- Cognitive ergonomics, information processing, information/multimedia design, expert systems
- Acceptability and effectiveness of technology change
- Training design, organisational design and psychosocial factors
- Management of the complex participation of people in their environment
- Human-centred/goal-driven design of technical/organisational systems
The objectives of IJHFE are to establish an effective channel of communication between industry, academic and research institutions and persons concerned with the contributions of human factors and ergonomics knowledge, methods and approaches to product and systems design and development, and to foster improved working conditions and greater well-being. The international dimension is emphasised in order to overcome cultural and national barriers and to meet the challenges of the global economy and the accelerating pace of technological change.
Practitioners and academics working in research and design departments and institutes, ergonomists, physical therapists, occupational physicians, managers, designers, technologists and research and development engineers working in industry.
IJHFE welcomes theoretical advances, applications, case studies, new methodologies and procedures, as well as empirical studies, aiming at promoting the advancement of the understanding of people in relation to technology, systems, work organisation and environments. Special Issues devoted to important topics in human factors and ergonomics will occasionally be published. Suggestions for Special Issues are welcome.
IJHFE is indexed in:More indexes...
IJHFE is listed in:More journal lists/directories...
Editor in Chief
- Coelho, Denis A., Jönköping University, Sweden
- Baldwin, Carryl, George Mason University, USA
- Biondi, Francesco, University of Windsor, Canada
- De Waard, Dick, University of Groningen, Netherlands
- O'Hare, David P., University of Otago, New Zealand
- Popovic, Vesna, Queensland University of Technology, Australia
- Terrier, Patrice, University of Toulouse 2, France
Honorary Advisory Board
- Balachandran, S., Process Improvement, USA
- Johannsen, Gunnar, University of Kassel, Germany
Editorial Board Members
- Abrahão, Roberto Funes, Universidade Estadual de Campinas, Brazil
- Bridger, Robert S., UK
- Cañas, José J., University of Granada, Spain
- Di Nocera, Francesco, Sapienza University of Rome, Italy
- Göbel, Matthias, Rhodes University, South Africa
- Goonetilleke, Ravindra, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Graf, Margaret, Swiss State Secretariat for Economic Affairs, Switzerland
- Guimarães, Lia Buarque de Macedo, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
- Halpern, Manny, NYU School of Medicine, USA
- Hedge, Alan, Cornell University , USA
- Itoh, Makoto, University of Tsukuba, Japan
- Kweon, O-Seong, Yonsei University, South Korea
- Lima, Tânia M., Centre for Mechanical and Aerospace Science and Technologies (C-MAST), Portugal
- Liston, Paul, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland
- Lourenço, Miguel L., Polytechnic of Guarda, Portugal
- Manzey, Dietrich, Berlin Institute of Technology, Germany
- Martin, Bernard J., The University of Michigan, USA
- Melemez, Kenan, Bartin University, Turkey
- Mont'Alvão, Cláudia, Pontificia Universidade Catolica do Rio de Janeiro , Brazil
- Naddeo, Alessandro, University of Salerno, Italy
- Nagamachi, Mitsuo, Hiroshima University, Japan
- Nunes, Isabel Lopes, New University of Lisbon, Portugal
- Osvalder, Anna Lisa, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Parlangeli, Oronzo, Universita degli Studi di Siena, Italy
- Peters, Björn, väg-och transportforskningsinstitutet, Sweden
- Ray, Gaur G., Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, India
- Smith-Jackson, Tonya, North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University, USA
- Tan, Kay Chuan, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Thatcher, Andrew J., University of the Witwatersrand , South Africa
- Tretten, Phillip, Luleå Technical University, Sweden
- Wang, Eric Min, Tshingua University, China
- Woods, Valerie, UK
- Yule, Steven J., Harvard Medical School, USA
- Zhang, Yijing, State Key Laboratory of Space Medicine Fundamentals and Applications, China
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.