International Journal of Governance and Financial Intermediation
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. M. Ángeles López-Cabarcos
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
IJGFI provides an international forum for theoretical and empirical papers focused on emerging trends and fast-changing concerns in corporate governance and financial intermediation through sustainable value creation and global/local growth perspectives. Board composition, board performance and the mechanisms under which organisations are managed are focal research issues. The journal likewise publishes research on corporate finance, financial investment, financial markets and strategic finance. Research on new forms of financing, blockchains, green finance and decentralised finance is also welcome.
Topics covered include
IJGFI is an interdisciplinary journal devoted to advancing knowledge in a range of fields including economics, business and finance. Its broad scope covers the following areas:
- Corporate governance, agency theory and equity ownership structure
- Corporate and strategic finance, strategic management and organisation studies
- Technology, corporate governance and financial intermediation
- Corporate governance and financial markets in emerging countries
- Financial, economic and institutional development and growth
- Privatisation and government-controlled firms
- Monetary economics, fiscal and legal policies, and government budgets
- Financial stability, markets and instruments, and financial crises
- Portfolio theory, asset pricing and market microstructure
- Behavioural finance and experimental economics
- Family businesses, microfinance and SMEs, and business groups and conglomerates
- Multinational finance and international economics
- Banking, insurance and financial intermediation
- New trends in finance, sustainable and green finance, decentralised finance, etc.
- Ethical issues, corruption and bad practices in relation to corporate governance and financial intermediation
From a general perspective, IJGFI aims to provide an international forum for theoretical and empirical papers focused on corporate governance and equity ownership structure, financial institutions and financial intermediation, corporate finance, financial markets, strategic finance, and other issues related to governance and financial intermediation. In an attempt to provide a broad and current focus, IJGFI aims to expand its areas of interest around four research axes.
The current technological revolution demands in-depth exploration of the connections between the unstoppable progress of digitisation and traditional concepts related to corporate governance and financial intermediation. Board diversity, the competing demands between institutional and non-institutional investors, the emergence of cryptocurrencies and new forms of financing, green finance, blockchain technology and decentralised finance are innovative research areas that demand more attention from the scientific community.
The global perspective from which contemporary businesses and markets must be analysed has led to the need to consider all kinds of geographical areas and countries around the world, both developed and emerging. Specifically, much more research is needed around emerging countries, since they can provide profound insight into economic and financial issues due to their increasing importance as drivers of global growth, job creation, poverty reduction and international trade.
Innovation and digital transformation may be expected to result in global growth and value creation. However, analysis at a local level reveals research gaps that should be urgently addressed. There is a need to align innovation and digital transformation with changes in organisational culture and, in turn, with governance and financial issues. The objective is to design effective strategies that can promote both global and local growth.
The relationship between corporate governance, financial markets, financial intermediaries and corporate social responsibility practices is critical and must be considered in all decisions by policymakers and finance practitioners. The aim is to reconcile the creation of economic value with environmental, social, economic and governance criteria. The impact of these criteria on the financial strategies of institutional and non-institutional investors plays a crucial role that demands thorough analysis now and in future.
IJGFI provides an outlet for high-quality studies that have undergone double-blind peer review. In doing so, IJGFI ensures that such studies reach a global readership of consultants, international leaders, policymakers, researchers, students and business practitioners, non-profit organisations, financial and banking regulators, and other governmental agencies that recognise the importance of governance and financial strategies as economic drivers and base their decisions on new ideas and scientific findings.
IJGFI publishes content in the form of theoretical articles, empirical studies employing quantitative or qualitative methods, practice-oriented papers, teaching-oriented papers, case studies, book reviews, conference reports, short articles on current trends in science and society, abstracts from recent PhDs on governance and financial issues, and shorter opinion-based and review articles, commentaries and debates. IJGFI publishes state-of-the-art research on emerging topics in the world of corporate governance, financial markets and financial intermediation, and appeals to a broad readership. The Editors welcome suggestions for special issue topics. IJGFI articles must demonstrate significant contextual differences, while highlighting new knowledge for a wider audience.
Editor in Chief
- López-Cabarcos, M. Ángeles, Santiago de Compostela University, Spain
- Agarwal, Akash, Rajkiya Engineering College, India
- Lau, Evan, Universiti Malaysia Sarawak, Malaysia
- Setiawan, Doddy, Universitas Sebelas Maret, Indonesia
Editorial Board Members
- Aibar-Guzmán, Beatriz, Santiago de Compostela University, Spain
- Brahmi, Mohsen, IAE Southern Campus and FEM. S. University, Tunisia
- Caby, Jérôme, Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne, France
- Capatina, Alexadru, University Dunarea de Jos of Galati, Romania
- Chahyadi, Candra, Eastern Illinois University, USA
- Cheong, Calvin W.H., Sunway University, Malaysia
- De Crescenzo, Veronica, University of Verona, Italy
- Felício, José Augusto, Technical University of Lisbon, Portugal
- Hanafi, Mamduh M., Gadjah Mada University, Indonesia
- Huarng, Kun-Huang, National Taipei University of Business, Taiwan, Province of China
- Iheanachor, Nkemdilim, Pan-Atlantic University, Nigeria
- Lagasio, Valentina, Sapienza University of Rome, Italy
- Lamarque, Eric, Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne, France
- Martín, Silvia, California State Unversity Los Ángeles, USA
- Micu, Adrian, University Dunarea de Jos of Galati, Romania
- Nainggolan, Yunieta Anny, Institut Teknologi Bandung, Indonesia
- Porada-Rochón, Malgorzata, University of Szczecin, Poland
- Šević, Aleksandar, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland
- Šević, Željko, Universiti Utara Malaysia, Malaysia
- Škare, Marinko, Juraj Dobrila University of Pula, Croatia
- Xu, Bing, Zhejiang Gongshang University, China
- Zeng, Juying, Zhejiang University of Finance & Economics, China
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.