International Journal of Food Safety, Nutrition and Public Health
- Editor in Chief
- Dr. M.A. Dorgham
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
IJFSNPH contributes to the improvement of public health through quality research and a better understanding of the science involved in food safety, nutrition and dietetics, food studies, food and restaurant management. To promote better health for all, this initiative aims to broaden the context of public health and health equity, integrate the study of these various disciplines, and foster knowledge transfer on key issues regarding the pivotal role of food safety, nutrition and health equity in influencing health outcomes.
Topics covered include
- Food safety/hygiene, quality assurance/control
- Hazard/risk detection/analysis/management, manufacturing practices
- Food irradiation, genetically modified food, sustainable food production
- Research methods, testing technologies, assay formats
- Food allergen/contaminants/pathogens detection
- Food packaging, migration/scalping and food safety
- Nutritive value/bioavailability, trace elements, functional foods, nutraceuticals
- Human nutrition and health sciences, epidemiology, micronutrients
- Energy/metabolism, physical activity, exercise, sport nutrition
- Public health challenges/consequences, diet selection/therapies
- Emergency disasters, food poisoning outbreaks
- Control of communicable/non-communicable diseases
- Public health/nutrition programmes/interventions/promotion, consumer attitudes
- Public health governance/policy/audit/quality, food security/nutrition policies
- Health service effectiveness/management/design, clinical nutrition
The objectives of IJFSNPH are to establish an effective channel of communication between food scientists, nutritionists, public health professionals, food producers, food marketers, policy makers, governmental and non-governmental agencies, and others concerned with the food safety, nutrition and public health dimensions. It aims to promote food and health equity which will consequently promote public health and combat diseases. The international dimension is emphasised in order to catalyse diffusion of technological advances to food producers and consumers worldwide and to heighten international awareness of emerging public health challenges related to food safety and malnutrition.
IJFSNPH provides a vehicle to help professionals working in the field of public health, rural health, health equity, academics, research, food policy, food science, nutrition, food processing, microbiology, disease prevention, regulatory and quality assurance, health sector, primary food production, and government to disseminate information and to learn from and discuss each other's work.
IJFSNPH publishes peer reviewed original papers, review papers, technical reports, case studies, conference reports, book reviews. Special Issues devoted to important topics in food safety, food safety management, nutrition, interventions and public health will occasionally be published.
IJFSNPH is indexed in:
- AGRICOLA (National Agricultural Library)
- CAB Abstracts - Agriculture and International Development Indexes
- CAB Animal Sciences
- CAB Abstracts - Environmental Sciences Indexes
- CAB Abstracts - Human Sciences Abstracts
- CAB Abstracts - Plant Sciences Abstracts
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- Ovid Emcare
- CAB Global Health
- Google Scholar
IJFSNPH is listed in:
- Agenzia Nazionale di Valutazione del sistema Universitario e della Ricerca (ANVUR)
- Cabell's Directory of Publishing Opportunities
Editor in Chief
- Dorgham, M.A., International Centre for Technology and Management, UK
- Del Giudice, Luigi, Italian National Council of Research, Italy
- Huang, Guangwei, Sophia University, Japan
- Singh, Karan P., University of Texas Health Science Center at Tyler, USA
- Williams, Edith M., Medical University of South Carolina, USA
- McCutcheon, Gloria, Clafin University, USA
Editorial Board Members
- Agho, Augustine, Indiana University, USA
- Aryal, Subhash, University of North Texas Health Science Center, USA
- Bae, Sejong, University of Alabama at Birmingham, USA
- Bergman, Ethan, Central Washington University , USA
- Brahmbhatt, M. N., Anand Agricultural University , India
- Brunet, Sébastien, University of Liege, Belgium
- Buckner-Brown, Joyce, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, USA
- Decaille, Donna, Georgia Division of Public Health, USA
- Freedman, Darcy A., University of South Carolina , USA
- Guthrie, Joanne F., United States Department of Agriculture, USA
- Jackson, Robert T, University of Maryland, USA
- Julier, Alice, Chatham University, USA
- Mandapaka, Ravi Teja, National Institute of Nutrition, India
- Pace, Ralphenia, Tuskegee University, USA
- Rivers, Patrick A., Southern Illinois University, USA
- Rushing, James W., University of Maryland, USA
- Shikany, James, University of Alabama at Birmingham, USA
- Sterling, David, University of North Texas Health Science Center, USA
- Szabo, Maria Szeitnzne, Hungarian Food Safety Office (MEBIH), Hungary
- Tabatabai, Mohammad A., Meharry Medical College, USA
- Trevino, Fernando, Florida International University, USA
- Wharton, Christopher, Arizona State University, USA
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.