International Journal of Foresight and Innovation Policy
- Editor in Chief
- Dr. M.A. Dorgham
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
IJFIP addresses knowledge creation, diffusion and utilisation in innovation policy, thus covering all types of Strategic Intelligence (SI), defined as the set of actions that search, process, diffuse and protect information to make it available to the right person at the right time to make the right decision. SI examples in innovation include foresight, forecasting, Delphi studies, technology assessment, benchmarking, R&D evaluation and technology roadmapping. Use (actual/potential) of the various types/methods of SI (creation/diffusion) in the policy-making process is highlighted.
Topics covered include
- Generation, diffusion and utilisation of strategic intelligence (SI)
- Differences between types of SI
- Types of and experiences with institutionalisation of the SI function
- Contribution of SI to the quality, democratic content and rationality of decision making on innovation
- Articulation of demand following SI
- International cooperation, e.g. to stimulate international learning processes and realise economies of scale
- Context dependency/transferability of SI
- Impact of SI on decision making on innovation
- Specific case studies
- Methodological aspects of SI
The IJFIP aims to further develop insight into the role of strategic intelligence in innovation policy and practice by acting as a scientific forum and contributing to the interaction between researchers, policy makers and actors involved in innovation processes.
Scholars in the domains of innovation studies, (public) policy making and management sciences, (innovation) policy makers and other actors involved in innovation processes from the public as well as from the private sector.
The IJFIP publishes original and reviewed academic papers, case studies, conference reports and book reviews. Contributions may be by submission or invitation and suggestions for special issues and publications are welcome.
IJFIP is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- Asian Digital Library
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
- Business Collection (Gale)
- General OneFile (Gale)
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- Pirabase (Smithers Pira)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
IJFIP is listed in:
- Chartered Association of Business Schools (CABS) Academic Journal Guide
- Australian Business Deans Council Journal Rankings List
Editor in Chief
- Dorgham, M.A., International Centre for Technology and Management, UK
- Ahamer, Gilbert, Graz University, Austria
- Chen, Jin, Tsinghua University, China
- Gerhard, Daniel, Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg, Germany
- Kuhlmann, Stefan, University of Twente, Netherlands
- Kuwahara, Terutaka, National Institute of Science and Technology Policy, NISTEP, Japan
- Shapira, Philip, Georgia Institute of Technology, USA
- Smits, Ruud E., University of Utrecht, Netherlands
- Yuan, Benjamin J.C., National Chiao Tung University, Taiwan
Regional Editor China
- Wei, Yi-Ming, Beijing Institute of Technology (BIT), China
Regional Editor Eastern Europe and Russia
- Havas, Attila, Institute of Economics, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Hungary
Regional Editor Japan
- Eto, Hajime, University of Tsukuba, Japan
Regional Editor North America
- Porter, Alan, Georgia Tech, USA
Regional Editor SE Asia and Australia
- Johnston, Ron, University of Sydney, Australia
Regional Editor South America
- Albornoz, Mario, Center for Science, Development and Higher Education Studies, (REDES), Argentina
Regional Editor Western Europe
- Ducatel, K., European Commission, Belgium
Editorial Board Members
- Acheson, Helena, Competitiveness and Innovation, Ireland
- Arnold, Erik, Technopolis Ltd, UK
- Choi, Youngrak, Science and Technology Policy Institute, South Korea
- Fahrenkrog, Gustavo, European Commission Institute for Prospective Technological Studies, Spain
- Grin, John, University of Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Grunwald, Armin, Research Center Karlsruhe GmbH, Germany
- Hicks, Diana, Georgia Institute of Technology, USA
- Jordan, Gretchen, , USA
- Khoong, Chan Meng, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Klusacek, Karel, Academy of Sciences CR, Czech Republic
- Kondo, Masayuki, Yokohama National University, Japan
- Kozlowski, Jan, Warsaw University, Poland
- Levner, Eugene, Holon Institute of Technology, Israel
- Lin, Otto C.C., Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Meng, Hsien-Chun, National Science Council, Taiwan
- Perrons, Robert K., Queensland University of Technology, Australia
- Qiquan, Yang, National Research Center for Technology for Development, China
- Renn, Ortwin, Universität Stuttgart, Germany
- Rip, Arie, University Twente, Netherlands
- Roelandt, T., Ministry of Economic Affairs, Netherlands
- Salo, Ahti, Helsinki University of Technology, Finland
- Seidl da Fonseca, Ricardo, , Austria
- Sorup, Per, European Commission, Spain
- Tsipouri, Lena, National University of Athens, Greece
- Van Lente, Harro, University of Utrecht, Netherlands
- Zegveld, Walter, , Netherlands
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.
28 March, 2019
Venezuela is one of the world's biggest oil producers. Is it any wonder that it is a political hotbed? Oil means money, money means power. Unfortunately, none of that seems to have led the country to a settled state. Initially, the discovery of oil led to development and industrialization. But, the wealth ended up in few hands and the poverty was widespread [...]More details...
29 March, 2019
The refugee crisis in Europe has become a global humanitarian problem argues Edita Calakovic of the Karl Franzens Universität, in Graz, Austria. Writing in the International Journal of Foresight and Innovation Policy explains how in the summer of 2015, the problem came to a head and finally gained international recognition as the biggest refugee crisis facing Europe since World War II. Many of the refugees and asylum seekers came from Syria, Afghanistan, and Iraq, and number at least one million attempting to cross the Mediterranean Sea and begin a new, safer life in 2015 in Europe [...]More details...