International Journal of Electronic Transport
- Editor in Chief
- Dr. Maode Ma
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
Changes in the global transportation landscape have engendered modern organisational objectives of improving revenue by working with just-in-case inventories, achieving minimal carbon footprint, increasing global presence and enhancing logistics efficiency. In light of these developments, IJET envisages innovation and improvements in applications of information and communication technology (ICT), RFID technology, global positioning systems (GPS), electronic road pricing (ERP) and barcode technologies in the logistics and transport sector, thereby improving supply chain efficiency by reducing carbon footprint, inventories and costs.
Topics covered include
- Electronic post/express services
- Theoretical surveys/case studies
- Decision models/support systems, innovative game models
- Innovation in technologies, XML/SCML technology issues
- Identifying vulnerabilities/mitigating risk
- Mergers/acquisitions dynamics, global oil/financial crises impact
- Green computing, cloud computing, virtualisation
- E-freight forwarding, electronic port management
- E-sourcing/outsourcing policies, supply chain
- Warehousing, sky storage, just-in-case inventory, inventory models
- Governance issues, compliance, regulatory/customs issues
- Ship/rail/road/flight scheduling/routing, multi-modal transportation
- Supply chain metrics, capability tools, analyst results
- Vehicle communication systems
- Trends, new e-logistics/transport practices
The main objectives of IJET are:
- To present high-quality research and developments in the area of electronics-enabled logistics
- To help professionals, researchers, academicians, consultants and practitioners working in the area of logistics to share cutting-edge information on current developments
- To envisage new ideas that can lead to innovative findings
- To develop new methodologies that can solve complex logistics and transportation problems
The international dimension is emphasised in order to meet the increasing demands of transportation requirements.
IJET will be of interest to academicians, practitioners, scientists, researchers and industry managers with the drive to explore the field of electronic transport properties and its wide range of applications. The journal will offer a venue for dialogue between academy and practice, between public and private sectors and between national and international communities.
IJET publishes original research papers, review papers, scientific reports, industry reports, position papers, case studies, innovative ideas, research notes, practice comments, book reviews, commentaries and news. Special Issues devoted to important topics will be published if the Special Issue thrust matches the journal's scope.
Editor in Chief
- Ma, Maode, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Nagel, Pieter J.A., Victoria University, Australia
- Van Over, David, University of Wollongong in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Editorial Board Members
- Alavandar, Srinivasan, Caledonian College of Engineering, Oman
- Alkhathlan, Khalid, King Saud University, Saudi Arabia
- Arunachalam, Subramaniam, University of East London, UK
- Asokan, P., National Institute of Technology, India
- Banomyong, Ruth, Thammasat University, Thailand
- Bourassa, P. Louis, ILOG, USA
- Chaovalitwongse, Wanpracha Art, Rutgers University, USA
- Cheng, T.C. Edwin, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong SAR, China
- De Souza, Robert, Georgia Institute of Technology, USA
- Eberlein, Dominik, Logivations GmbH, Germany
- Ganesh, K., McKinsey and Company, India
- Goh, Mark, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Govindan, Kannan, University of Southern Denmark, Denmark
- Gunasekaran, Angappa, California State University, Bakersfield, USA
- Guo, Huaqun, Institute for Infocomm Research, Singapore
- Koh, Siau Ching Lenny, University of Sheffield, UK
- Koul, Saroj, OP Jindal Global University, India
- Lee, Tzong-Ru (Jiun-Shen), National Chung Hsing University, Taiwan
- Luo, Zhenxing, Washington University in St. Louis, USA
- O'Brien, Peter L., Russell Reynolds Associates, Australia
- Parthiban, P., National Institute of Technology, India
- Pati, Rupesh Kumar, Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode, India
- Patnaik, Srikanta, SOA University and Interscience Institute of Management and Technology, Bhubaneswar, India
- Ponnambalam, Sivalinga G., Universiti Malaysia Pahang, Malaysia
- Prabakaran, S., King Saud University, Saudi Arabia
- Rajamani, Divakar, University of Texas at Dallas, USA
- Savory, Paul, University of Nebraska – Lincoln, USA
- Shankar, Ravi, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, India
- Sriskandarajah, Chelliah, University of Texas at Dallas, USA
- Strata, Rod, SAP Asia Pte. Ltd, Singapore
- Tan, Albert, Malaysia Institute for Supply Chain Innovation, Malaysia
- Tew, Jeffrey, General Motors Research & Development Center, USA
- Viswanadham, N., Indian School of Business, India
- Vrat, Prem, Management Development Institute, India
- Yadavalli, V.S.S., University of Pretoria, South Africa
- Yuan, Xue-Ming, Singapore Institute of Manufacturing Technology, Singapore
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.