International Journal of Engineering Systems Modelling and Simulation
- Editors in Chief
- Prof. Xiaogang Yang, Dr. Zoubir Zouaoui
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
Most of the research and experiments in the field of engineering have devoted significant efforts to modelling and simulation of various complicated phenomena and processes occurring in engineering systems. IJESMS provides an international forum and refereed authoritative source of information on the development and advances in modelling and simulation, contributing to the understanding of different complex engineering systems. IJESMS is designed to be a multi-disciplinary, fully refereed, international journal.
Topics covered include
- Analysis and computational methods; heat transfer; experimental investigations; aerodynamics; combustion; chemical reaction and mixing; multiphase flow modelling
- Computational fluid dynamics (CFD) approach to different engineering systems
- Dynamic modelling theories, techniques, and application examples of engineering systems
- Experimental study and/or measurement technology of engineering systems
- Manufacturing processes; process modelling
- Performance modelling of automobiles (consumer vehicles, commercial vehicles, and racing vehicles)
- Structure vibrations; acoustics
- Various engineering system control and simulation
- Optimisation of engineering systems
- Signal processing and identification
- Other relevant topics
IJESMS aims to promote the advancement of fundamental understanding to processes encountered in engineering systems and to provide an international forum to report latest developments in modelling and simulation. It interprets the term, "engineering systems", in a broad sense provided that modelling and simulation plays a significant role in the associated studies. It particularly welcomes emerging methodologies and novel applications from different modelling problems in all engineering branches.
IJESMS provides a forum for professionals, academics and researchers working in the field of science, technology and engineering to disseminate information and research results and findings. Readers are those working in and related to the field of engineering systems in academia including professors, researchers and graduate students, and technologists including engineers, specialists, and technology managers from various industries.
IJESMS publishes original and peer reviewed technical papers which advance understanding of both the fundamentals of engineering science and its application leading to the solution of problems in engineering systems. It is particularly concerned with the demonstration of engineering science modelling and solution to specific industrial problems. Surveys of newly maturing topics in the field, major developments in modelling and simulation, review papers and book reviews will also published. Breakthroughs can be communicated via short communication, commentaries, and letters to the editor. Contribution may be made by submission or invitation, and special issues devoted to important topics in engineering systems will also be published.
IJESMS is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Compendex [formerly Ei] (Elsevier)
- Emerging Sources Citation Index (Clarivate Analytics)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
IJESMS is listed in:
Editors in Chief
- Yang, Xiaogang, University of Nottingham Ningbo China, China
- Zouaoui, Zoubir, Military Technological College, Oman
- Baïri, Abderrahmane, Université Paris X, France
- Brizzi, Laurent-Emmanuel, Université de Poitiers, France
- Chanetz, Bruno, ONERA, France
- Chernikov, Alexander S., Bauman Moscow State Technical University, Russian Federation
- McKenzie, Hastings, Birmingham City University, UK
- Rielly, Chris, Loughborough University, UK
- Uchiyama, Tomomi, Nagoya University, Japan
- Wang, Lian-Ping, University of Delaware, USA
Editorial Board Members
- Anuchin, Alecksey, National Research University Moscow Power Engineering Institute, Russian Federation
- Bauer, Pascal, Ecole Nationale Supérieure de Mécanique et d'Aérotechnique, France
- Blackburn, Stuart, University of Birmingham, UK
- Bouzerdoum, Abdesselam, University of Wollongong, Australia
- Chen, Jinnan, Beijing Institute of Technology, China
- Cheng, Zhen-Min, East China University of Science and Technology, China
- De María, Mario García, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, Spain
- El Ganaoui, M., Université Henri Poincaré Nancy 1, France
- Guo, Liejin, Xi’an Jiaotong University, China
- Gupta, Govind Sharan, Indian Institute of Science, India
- Lahoubi, Mohamed, ICAM Ecole d’ingénieurs, France
- Laraqi, Najib, Université Paris X, France
- Li, Dianzhong, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China
- Mao, Ken, University of Warwick, UK
- Pham, D. T., University of Birmingham, UK
- Sazhin, Sergei S, University of Brighton, UK
- Takada, Naoki, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST), Japan
- Tsujimoto, Koichi, Mie University, Japan
- Uchyama, Tomomi, Nagoya University, Japan
- Vagapov, Yuriy, Glyndŵr University, UK
- Wang, Qiuwang, Xi’an Jiaotong University, China
- Wang, Simon, Loughborough University, UK
- Wen, Alan, The University of Nottingham Ningbo China, China
- Yu, Aibing, University of New South Wales, Australia
- Zeidan, Dia, German Jordanian University, Jordan
- Zhang, Hongwei, Sheffield Hallam University, UK
- Zoubir, Abdelhak M., Technische Universität Darmstadt, Germany
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.