International Journal of Experimental Design and Process Optimisation
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. John Kechagias
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 2 issues per year
IJEDPO publishes original contemporary research with substantiated and well-reasoned supporting evidence showing potential for advancing industrial practice and strengthening current theory. It boasts a broad coverage of applied experimental statistics and experimental design for understanding and enhancing processes or systems in the physical, chemical and engineering sciences, and for addressing cross-disciplinary issues in quality, manufacturing, healthcare, human factors, pharmaceuticals and service systems. While encouraging a broad spectrum of contributions, IJEDPO's core interest lies in statistical modelling/optimisation issues for process improvement.
Topics covered include
- Design of experiments and data analysis, experimental statistics
- Quality by design, quality control and engineering
- Robust design and multi-parameter multi-objective optimisation
- Manufacturing processes design and optimisation
- Mechanical engineering, materials processing, modelling and simulation
- Industrial engineering and operations research
- Bioengineering, healthcare systems and pharmaceuticals
- Optimisation for additive manufacturing, fibres and textiles
- Decision making under uncertainty
- Multidisciplinary research
The use of statistical methods is becoming increasingly critical for process enhancement and optimisation in a variety of environments in many industries. The objective of IJEDPO is to contribute to the technical advancement of the field of experimental design and process optimisation by publishing papers that emphasise the practical applicability of new techniques and instructive examples of existing techniques by establishing active channels of communication between researchers and practitioners. The primary focus of this journal is on the state-of-the-art of experimental design and process optimisation, targeting today’s challenges and tomorrow’s needs.
IJEDPO provides a vehicle to help professionals, academics, researchers and practitioners working in the broad field of experimental design and process optimisation to disseminate information and to assure knowledge transfer among various fields of theoretical developments and application areas.
IJEDPO publishes original papers, technical reports, and case studies. Review and tutorial papers are also acceptable if they are written in a style suitable for practicing engineering and science. For a special issue devoted to specific sub-field of experimental design and process optimisation, authors are encouraged to contact the Editor-in-Chief.
Editor in Chief
- Kechagias, John, University of Thessaly, Greece
- Markopoulos, Angelos, National Technical University of Athens, Greece
Regional Editor Europe
- Stavropoulos, Panagiotis, University of Patras, Greece
Regional Editor India
- Srivastava, Manu, Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design and Manufacturing, India
Subject Editor (Advanced Manufacturing in Healthcare Applications)
- Bagheri, Shaghayegh, George Mason University, USA
Subject Editor (Textiles and Fashion)
- Spahiu, Tatjana, Polytechnic University of Tirana, Albania
Editorial Board Members
- Allen, Theodore T., The Ohio State University, USA
- Amaitik, Nasser, Aston University, UK
- Ben-Gal, Irad, Tel Aviv University, Israel
- Chang, Shing I, Kansas State University, USA
- Chiriță, Bogdan Alexandru, "Vasile Alecsandri" University of Bacău, Romania
- Chivu, Catrina, Transilvania University of Brasov, Romania
- Cho, Byung Rae, Clemson University, USA
- De Amorim Almeida, Henrique, Polytechnic Institute of Leiria, Portugal
- Epiphaniou, Gregory, Warwick Manufacturing Group, UK
- Grossmann, Heiko, Queen Mary, University of London, UK
- Kapur, Kailash C., University of Washington, USA
- Kim, Kwang-Jae, Pohang University of Science and Technology (POSTECH), South Korea
- Montgomery, Douglas C., Arizona State University, USA
- Moradi, Mahmoud, University of Northampton, UK
- Nayak, Ashish Kumar, Prasad V. Potluri Siddhartha Institute of Technology, India
- Ng, Szu Hui, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Pervaiz, Salman, Rochester Institute of Technology, United Arab Emirates
- Rahim, Abdur, University of New Brunswick, Canada
- Rathee, Sandeep, National Institute of Technology, Srinagar, India
- Romano, Daniele, University of Cagliari, Italy
- Salonitis, Konstantinos, Cranfield University, UK
- Schaub, Diane, University of Florida, USA
- Shin, Sangmun, Dong-A University, South Korea
- Teicher, Uwe, Fraunhofer-Institut für Werkzeugmaschinen und Umformtechnik IWU, Germany
- Tiwary, Vivek Kumar, KLS Gogte Institute of Technology, India
- Tseng, Shih-Hsien, National Taiwan University of Science and Technology, Taiwan, Province of China
- Yang, Kai, Wayne State University, USA
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.