International Journal of Decision Support Systems
- Editor in Chief
- Nikolaos Matsatsinis
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
IJDSS establishes an international state-of-the-art knowledge platform in the field of decision support systems (DSS), addressing all underlying research developments. Acknowledging the singularities of modern global business environment, this research vehicle seeks to significantly improve current DSS technologies and decision information frameworks by publishing novel and high-quality theoretical or empirical contributions. IJDSS shapes its content by the research directions and motivation of those involved both in academia and industry.
Topics covered include
- Artificial intelligence and DSS
- Business intelligence
- Cognitive sciences
- Collaborative decision making
- Data warehousing, online analytical processing and big data analytics
- Decision engineering
- DSS foundations and development
- Electronic commerce
- Executive support systems and workflow management systems
- Multicriteria DSS
- Operational research and management science
- Organisational DSS
- Spatial DSS
- Relevant DSS applications in areas other than those mentioned above
- Web-based and mobile DSS
IJDSS is a scholarly journal that publishes applied and theoretical research contributing to DSS as a distinct scientific field where information systems, operations research and management science cooperate. Moreover, it aims at cultivating and fostering the generic idea of DSS. Its objectives are to establish an effective channel of communication between all people involved in the underlying research areas and to promote and coordinate the relevant developments and innovative research initiatives.
It therefore aims to:
- Raise the awareness of the importance of the DSS research field
- Focus on excellence in developing DSS methodologies, models and techniques to deal with major decision making problems
- Provide insights into the latest DSS developments, and
- Offer a networking forum for academic researchers and industry practitioners
IJDSS shapes its content from the research needs of a wide-ranging but tightly focused set of groups that are actively involved in advancing the field of DSS. These groups include academic researchers active within the areas of information systems, operations research and management science cooperation. Contributions from industry practitioners and professionals such as management consultants and business analysts are also welcome.
IJDSS publishes high quality theoretical, empirical and survey research pieces that contribute significantly and provide meaningful insights in the field of DSS. Priority is given to articles that reveal novel concepts of broad interest to the international research community. Suggestions for special issues that address specific and well-defined relevant topics are welcome.
IJDSS hosts all the basic methodological streams of DSS. We focus on papers presenting new theoretical insights and developments, as well as real-world case studies illustrating the implementation of DSS approaches in everyday business practice. Papers exploring the interactions of DSS with other relevant disciplines are of particular interest. Research papers from eminent scientists reviewing the existing state-of-the-art are also welcome.
Editor in Chief
- Matsatsinis, Nikolaos, Technical University of Crete, Greece
- Psarras, John, National Technical University of Athens, Greece
- Siskos, Yannis, University of Piraeus, Greece
- Doukas, Haris, National Technical University of Athens, Greece
- Grigoroudis, Evangelos, Technical University of Crete, Greece
- Kersten, Gregory, Concordia University, Canada
Editorial Board Members
- Carlsson, Sven, Lund University, Sweden
- Climaco, Joao, University of Coimbra, Portugal
- Dargam, Fátima, SimTech Simulation Technology, Austria
- Delibasic, Boris, University of Belgrade, Serbia
- Druzdzel, Marek J., University of Pittsburgh, USA
- Fang, Shu-Cherng, North Carolina State University, USA
- Figueira, José Rui, Technical University of Lisbon, Portugal
- Jedrzejowicz, Piotr, Gdynia Maritime University, Poland
- Jelassi, Tawfik, Ecole des Ponts ParisTech, France
- Kapur, P. K., University of Delhi, India
- Katagiri, Hideki, Hiroshima University, Japan
- Khalili-Damghani, Kaveh, Azad University (South-Tehran Branch), Iran
- Lu, Jie, University of Technology, Sydney, Australia
- Masri, Hatem, University of Bahrain, Bahrain
- Miranda, Jaime, Universidad de Chile, Chile
- Noghin, Vladimir, St. Petersburg State University, Russian Federation
- Papamichail, Nadia, University of Manchester, UK
- Pardalos, Panos M., University of Florida, USA
- Petrovsky, Alexey, Russian Academy of Sciences, Russian Federation
- Power, Daniel, University of Northern Iowa, USA
- Sauter, Vicki, University of Missouri, USA
- Slowinski, Roman, Poznan University of Technology, Poland
- Van Bruggen, Gerrit, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Netherlands
- Vetschera, Rudolf, University of Vienna, Austria
- Wang, Shouyang, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China
- Whinston, Andrew B., The University of Texas at Austin, USA
- Wilk, Szymon, Poznan University of Technology, Poland
- Zaraté, Pascale, Toulouse 1 University - IRIT, France
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.