International Journal of Computational Intelligence in Bioinformatics and Systems Biology
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Xiao-Zhi Gao
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
IJCIBSB is a fully refereed international research journal which provides a forum for papers describing cutting edge research in the application of artificial and computational intelligence to the field of bioinformatics and systems biology.
Topics covered include
- Artificial/computational intelligence
- Feature selection, dimension reduction, pattern classification/recognition
- Expert systems, neural networks, fuzzy logic
- Possibility theory, Bayesian networks, hidden Markov models
- Rough sets, granular computing, data mining
- Evolutionary algorithms, learning classifiers, SVM
- Swarm intelligence, ant colony optimisation
- Bioinformatics databases, data visualisation
- Gene expression, microarrays, motif/pattern discovery
- DNA assembly, clustering, mapping
- Gene identification/annotation, sequence analysis/alignment
- Image processing, simulation/modelling
- Molecular evolution/phylogeny, protein structure/interaction prediction
- Regulatory network/pathway analysis
- Functional genomics, structural proteomics
- Artificial/Computational Intelligence: Architectures, Theory and Models
- Feature selection, dimension reduction, pattern classification and recognition
- Expert systems
- Possibility theory, Bayes network and hidden Markov models
- Artificial neural networks
- Fuzzy logic and fuzzy systems
- Rough sets and granular computing
- Evolutionary algorithms
- Learning classifiers
- Support vector machines
- Data mining
- Hybrid evolutionary algorithms
- Fusion of neural networks and fuzzy systems
- Fusion of fuzzy systems and evolutionary algorithms
- Fusion of neural networks and evolutionary algorithms
- Fusion of neural networks and fuzzy systems and evolutionary algorithms
- Bayesian networks and probabilistic reasoning
- Swarm intelligence
- Ant colony optimisation
- Computational intelligence
- Hybrid computational intelligence
- Applications in Bioinformatics and Systems Biology
- Bioinformatics Databases
- Gene expression and microarrays
- Data visualisation
- Motif and pattern discovery
- DNA assembly, clustering, and mapping
- Gene identification and annotation
- Parallel algorithms for biological analysis
- Biomedical image processing
- Molecular evolution and phylogeny
- Sequence analysis and alignment
- Ecological modelling
- Cell simulation and modelling
- Molecular modelling and simulation
- Mathematical immunology modelling and discovery
- Regulatory network and pathway analysis
- Functional genomics and large-scale functional genomics
- Models for cellular metabolism and inter-cellular signalling
- Genome- and proteome-scale modelling
- Analysis of protein interaction with other cellular constituents
- Protein structure and interaction prediction
- Comparative and quantitative proteomics
- Management of genomics and proteomics data
- Post-translational modification analysis
- Structural proteomics
More on this journal...
There is great potential to increase the interaction between computational intelligence, bioinformatics and system biology. IJCIBSB aims to bridge the gap between the computational intelligence and bioinformatics communities. We believe that computational intelligence will provide more powerful tools for analysing, predicting and understanding data from gene expression and other emerging genomic and proteomic technologies. IJCIBSB aims to provide a lively forum for the communication of original research. Its main objective is the timely dissemination of original research work on innovative computational intelligence paradigms and their applications in bioinformatics.
The audience of IJCIBSB consists of medical practitioners, scientists, researchers, academics, graduate students, professionals and engineers working and interested in learning about new trends in computational intelligence in bioinformatics and systems biology.
IJCIBSB publishes original peer-reviewed papers, which include research papers, review papers, case studies and book reviews. Special Issues devoted to important topics in computational intelligence in bioinformatics and systems biology will occasionally be published.
Editor in Chief
- Gao, Xiao-Zhi, University of Eastern Finland, Finland
- Cho, Sung-Bae, Yonsei University, South Korea
- Huang, Xudong, Harvard Medical School, USA
- Li, Guo-Zheng, Tongji University, China
- Palade, Vasile, Coventry University, UK
- Zhang, Yanqing, Georgia State University, USA
- Zhu, Huaiqiu, Peking University, China
Editorial Board Members
- Chen, Jake Y., University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB), USA
- Cheng, Jianlin, University of Missouri, USA
- Deng, Youping, SpecPro Inc, USA
- Dubitzky, Werner, University of Ulster, UK
- Hewett, Rattikorn, Texas Tech University, USA
- Hu, Xiaohua (Tony), Drexel University, USA
- Liu, Mei, University of Kansas Medical Center, USA
- Luo, Feng, Clemson University, USA
- Mao, Kezhi, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Obradovic, Zoran, Temple University, USA
- Senf, Alexander, European Bioinformatics Institute, UK
- Vasilakos, Athanasios, Lulea University of Technology, Sweden
- Wang, Jason T. L., New Jersey Institute of Technology, USA
- Zhu, Michelle M., Southern Illinois University, USA
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.
New Editor for International Journal of Computational Intelligence in Bioinformatics and Systems Biology
8 April, 2019
Prof. Xiao-Zhi Gao from the University of Eastern Finland has been appointed to take over editorship of the International Journal of Computational Intelligence in Bioinformatics and Systems Biology.