International Journal of the Built Environment and Asset Management
- Editor in Chief
- Dr. Jian Sun
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
The built environment and commerce in urban habitats are interdependent. By-and-large, the built environment refers to human-made surroundings that provide the setting for human activity, ranging in scale from real estate to commercial and lifestyle centres promoting business activities in growing cities. IJBEAM addresses the economics and management issues of commercial complexes, real estate, urban design, and marketing in urban areas; it does not address topics concerning physical buildings, construction, civil engineering, housing and building infrastructure-related topics.
Topics covered include
- Shopping malls, retail parks, supermarkets, food/coffee shops, warehouse retailing, transport facilities, retailing, routes to market, trade fairs
- Recreational/lifestyle/health and fitness centres, hotels, casinos, resorts, timesharing, leisure/holiday parks, recreational/public parks, drive-in theatres, museum management, exhibitions, leisure centre management, sports establishments
- Construction, ergonomics, facilities planning
- Real estate, tenancy management
- Consumer behaviour, sales and services management
- Sustainable materials
- Prefabricated and green buildings
- Constructional environment
- Waste management and recycling
- Pollution control
- Built environment change and forecast
- Building technologies: envelope, equipment, control
- Integrated building systems
- Building aspects: thermal, acoustic, comfort, air quality, human behaviour
- Low-carbon sustainable built environments
The principal objective of IJBEAM is to serve as an academic colloquium for publication of refereed research papers of high quality related to urban design, real estate, commercial centres, leisure parks, sports complex in the urban habitat, and to bring together the innovative academic insights for academics and practicing managers. The journal aims at developing an interdisciplinary knowledge base meeting academic research and management practices applied in the area of built environment and asset management. The international dimension of the journal is emphasised towards research converging architectural, social, legal, economic, political and technology that lead to market dynamics to offer advanced knowledge and management skills on the subject. The scope of IJBEAM also includes policy and planning issues for pursuing research in areas of built environment and business dynamics in fast growing urban society.
IJBEAM provides motivation, knowledge and tools to improve competitive decision skills to professionals, academics, researchers and practicing managers and consultants associated with construction and business firms.
IJBEAM encourages to publishing original papers, review papers, best practices, management notes and case studies related to built environment and dynamic business perspectives. Important topics such as construction economics, real estate management, retailing, leisure and commerce, value chains, business leadership and competitive technology will published in special issues of the journal from time to time.
Editor in Chief
- Sun, Jian, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, USA
Regional Editor Asia and Pacific
- Zhang, Ling, Hunan University, China
Regional Editor Latin America and Caribbean
- Castaño, Raquel, Monterrey Institute of Technology and Higher Education, ITESM, Mexico
Regional Editor North America
- Singh, A.J., Michigan State University, USA
Regional Editor UK and Europe
- Gerges, Michael, Birmingham City University, UK
Editorial Board Members
- Basu, Sanghamitra, Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, India
- Butt, T.E., Northumbria University, UK
- Chandran, Ravi, Indian Institute of Management Indore, India
- Ghose, Kamal, Lincoln University, New Zealand
- Huang, Liang, Hunan University, China
- Jin, Ruoyu (Roy), London South Bank University, UK
- Jongwanich, Juthathip, Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand
- Keoy, Kay Hooi, UCSI University , Malaysia
- Lugli, Gianpiero, University of Parma , Italy
- Mora, Jose Antonio Nunez, Monterrey Institute of Technology and Higher Education, ITESM, Mexico
- Moulard, Julie Guidry, Lousiana Sate University, USA
- Nataraajan, Rajan, Auburn University, USA
- Saadh, Ashish, Indian Institute of Management Indore, India
- Wang, Junjie, Tsinghua University, China
- Yan, Libo, Technische Universität Braunschweig, Germany
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.