International Journal of Automotive Composites
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Ahmed Elmarakbi
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
IJAutoC provides comprehensive explanation of how advanced composites (FRPs, reinforced thermoplastics, carbon-based composites and many others) are designed, processed and utilised in automotive vehicles. It includes technical explanation of advanced composites in vehicle design/analysis and covers all phases of composites design, analysis, modelling, testing, manufacturing and failure analysis. It also sheds light on the performance of existing composites and future developments in automotive materials technology. The term, 'automotive', includes passenger cars, sport utility vehicles, vans, trucks, buses and recreational vehicles.
Topics covered include
- Technology developments and applications
- Innovative materials, smart composites
- Repair, recycling and promising process technologies
- Morphing and dynamics
- New lightweight composites for safer, energy-efficient and greener vehicles
- Challenges regarding safety and comfort
- Crashworthiness and failure analysis
- Hybrid composites for structural applications
- Polymer, metal, ceramic matrix and graphene-based composites
- Composites manufacturing processes within vehicle components
- Design and modelling methodologies
- Durability of automotive components
- Simulations of composites behaviour; experiemtnal methods
- Thermal problems in composite structures
- Advanced solutions for processing and automation
The objectives of IJAutoC are to establish a channel of communication to disseminate knowledge between academics/researchers and industry practitioners. Because of the multiscale nature of composite materials and their wide automotive applications, the journal will provide a forum for cross-scale investigations into the materials' preparation and processing, structure, properties, performance and applications. IJAutoC will help engineers and applied scientists engaged in composite materials within automotive vehicles to contribute to the field and to disseminate technical information.
Automotive engineers, academics working in university research and design departments and institutes, managers, designers, materials researchers, technologists, chemists and research and development engineers working in the automotive industry.
IJAutoC publishes original research papers, review articles, technical reports, case studies, book reviews and technical notes from a wide variety of sources dealing with all aspects of the science and technology of automotive composites. Contribution may be by submission or invitation, and suggestions for special issues and publications are welcome.
Editor in Chief
- Elmarakbi, Ahmed, Northumbria University, UK
- Feraboli, Paolo, University of Washington, USA
- Hu, Ning, Chongqing University, China
- Shahwan, Khaled W., Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA), USA
Regional Editor Europe
- Lukaszewicz, Dirk, BMW Group, Germany
Regional Editor North America
- Tabiei, Ala, University of Cincinnati, USA
Editorial Board Members
- Adali, Sarp, University of KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
- Araujo, Aurelio, Universidade de Lisboa, Portugal
- Barton, David, University of Leeds, UK
- Belingardi, Giovanni, Politecnico di Torino, Italy
- Bonhomme, Jorge, Universidad de Oviedo, Spain
- Boria, Simonetta, University of Camerino, Italy
- Cantwell, Wesley, University of Liverpool, UK
- Elhage, Hicham, Lebanese International University, Lebanon
- Fan, Tongxiang, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China
- Ferreira, Antonio, University of Porto, Portugal
- Gao, Xin-Lin, Southern Methodist University, USA
- Gutowski, Voytek, CSIRO, Australia
- Hadavinia, Homayoun, Kingston University London, UK
- Han, Xu, Hunan University, China
- Henning, Frank, Fraunhofer ICT, Germany
- Honarmandi, Peyman, City College of New York, USA
- Kan, Cing-Dao (Steve), George Washington University, USA
- Kasano, Hideaki, Takushoku University, Japan
- Keller, Thomas, École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL), Switzerland
- Kim, Jang-Kyo, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Koratkar, Nikhil, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, USA
- Lauter, Christian, University of Paderborn, Germany
- Lee, Dai Gil, KAIST, South Korea
- Liew, Kim Meow, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Martinez-Barrera, Gonzalo, Autonomous University of the State of Mexico, Mexico
- Martorana, Brunetto, Centro Ricerche Fiat S.C.p.A, Italy
- Meguid, Shaker, University of Toronto, Canada
- Reynolds, Neil, Warwick University, UK
- Russo, Pietro, National Research Council, Italy
- Schweizer, Nicole, BMW Group, Germany
- Serry, Mohamed, The American University in Cairo (AUC), Egypt
- Shimoda, Masatoshi, Toyota Technological Institute, Japan
- Silberschmidt, Vadim, Loughborough University, UK
- Tita, Volnei, University of Sao Paulo - USP, Brazil
- Vesenjak, Matej, University of Maribor, Slovenia
- Wang, Jianhua, Jilin University, China
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.