International Journal of Auditing Technology
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Joshua Onome Imoniana
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
IJAudiT provides a unique international forum focusing exclusively on the rapidly evolving area of auditing technology. The journal welcomes well-written and academically rigorous manuscripts, including theoretical and empirical papers examining a wide range of technology-based processes, analyses and applications relevant to the auditing profession.
Topics covered include
- Auditing software, computer assisted audit techniques (CAAT)
- Information systems, ERP, capacity planning, database auditing
- Internal control evaluation, internal audits, control self-assessment
- Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, fraud detection, forensic accounting
- Statistical sampling, audit analytics, substantive test
- Security risk assessment, information security policy
- Audit planning, materiality, risk evaluation, engagement management
- Cloud computing, online/e-commerce/web application auditing
- Quantitative models, analytical procedures
- Auditing agents, intelligent agents, neural networks
- Service level agreements, business continuity, contingency recovery plans
- IT governance/claims/PCI compliance/continuous/data auditing
- IT/IS audit curriculum
- COSO, COBIT, ISO 270001, ITIL
- Careers in auditing
The primary objective of IJAudiT is to foster research and disseminate information on emerging tools, techniques and issues applicable to a variety of audit engagements, with special emphasis on evolving technologies utilised in audits of information systems and internal controls mandated by Sarbanes-Oxley and related corporate governance regulations, which increasingly rely on novel analytical approaches and innovative audit procedures for their effectiveness.
IJAudiT is published to help auditors, academic researchers, consultants and policy makers learn about emerging applications and issues in the area of auditing technology, and to disseminate this information to individuals having varied interests in the journal's subject matter.
IJAudiT publishes original papers, review papers, technical reports, case studies, conference reports, management reports, book reviews, notes, commentaries, and news of emerging auditing technologies and related issues. Special Issues devoted to important topics in auditing technology will occasionally be published. All submissions are subject to a double-blind review and must meet the Editorial Board’s standards for academic rigour, effective communication and professional relevance.
Editor in Chief
- Imoniana, Joshua Onome, University of São Paulo, Brazil
Editorial Board Members
- Ambe, Cosmas M., University of Limpopo, South Africa
- Bakre, Owolabi, Queen Mary, University of London, UK
- Beldi, Adel, IESEG School of Management, France
- Bianchi, Massimo, Università di Bologna, Italy
- Boateng, Richard, Southern University, USA
- Carter, David, University of Canberra, Australia
- Carvalho, L. Nelson, Universidade de São Paulo, Brazil
- De Aguiar, Thereza Raquel Sales, University of Glasgow, UK
- Gal, Graham, University of Massachusetts, USA
- Gallego-Álvarez, Isabel, University of Salamanca, Spain
- García-Sánchez, Isabel-María, Facultad de Economía y Empresa, Spain
- Izedonmi, Famous, University of Benin, Nigeria
- Kaklauskas, Arturas, Vilnius Gediminas Technical University, Lithuania
- Kighir, Emmanuel Apedzan, Federal University, Dustin-Ma, Nigeria
- Leita Da Silva, Paulino, University of Porto, Portugal
- Liu, Carol M.H., Louisiana State University, USA
- Macuácua, Ângelo, Eduardo Mondlane University, Mozambique
- Mbarika, Victor Wacham A., Southern University, USA
- Mthimkhulu, Terry, Zululand University, South Africa
- Namuduri, Kameswara Rao, University of North Texas, USA
- Nobanee, Haitham, Abu Dhabi University, United Arab Emirates
- Okunoye, Adekunle, Xavier University, USA
- Omotor, Douglason Godwin, Delta State University, Nigeria
- Perez, Gilberto, Universidade Presbiteriana Mackenzie, Brazil
- Phillips, Mark, Duke University, USA
- Riccio, Edson Luiz, University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Rossignoli, Cecilia, Università di Verona, Italy
- Rubino, Michele, Università LUM Jean Monnet, Italy
- Salazar, José Nicolas Albuja, Escuela Politécnica del Ejército – ESPE, Ecuador
- Santos, Neusa Maria Bastos Fernandes d, Pontifical Catholic University of Sao Paulo – PUCSP, Brazil
- Seeburn, Krishna, University of Technology, Mauritius
- Souza, Cesar Alexandre, Universidade de São Paulo, Brazil
- Srinivasan, Padmini, Indian Institute of Management, India
- Stare, Janez, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Sy, Aida, Farmingdale State College, USA
- Yee, Angelina, University of Nottingham, Malaysia Campus, Malaysia
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.