International Journal of Agricultural Resources, Governance and Ecology
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Walter Leal Filho
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
IJARGE proposes and fosters discussion on the evolution and governance of agricultural resources, with emphasis on the implications that policy choices have on both the welfare of humans and the ecology of the planet. This perspective acknowledges the complexity of the agricultural sector as an interface between ecological and socio-economic processes operating in parallel over different space-time scales, as well as the reflexive characteristic of human systems.
Topics covered include
- Governance/management of agriculture on the human side
- Environmental and ecological impacts of agriculture
- Ecological economics applied to agriculture
- Definition of ''quality''in food production
- Development of an adaptive eco-system approach to agriculture
- Globalisation and trade liberalisation affecting agriculture
- Coevolution, biodiversity and non-equilibrium systems
- Issues of research relating to agriculture
- The production of quality food
- Ecological and green agriculture, animal welfare, pollution management
- Ecological economics and heterodox approaches to complex problems
- Analysis/assessment of policies in relation to agriculture/environment
- Equity and gender issues in agriculture
- Development, environment and agriculture
- Sustainability, agriculture and environment disciplines
ObjectivesThe objectives of IJARGE are to establish an effective channel of communication between policy makers, government agencies, academic and research institutions and persons concerned with the complex role of agriculture in society. It also aims to promote and coordinate developments in the field of agricultural resources. The international dimension is emphasised in order to overcome cultural and national barriers and to meet the needs of accelerating technological and ecological change and changes in the global economy.
Professionals, academics, researchers and policy makers.
IJARGE publishes original and review papers, technical reports, case studies, conference reports, management reports, book reviews, and notes, commentaries, and news. Contribution may be by submission or invitation, and suggestions for special issues and publications are welcome.
IJARGE is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- AGRICOLA (National Agricultural Library)
- Asian Digital Library
- Current Awareness in Biological Sciences (Elsevier)
- BIOSIS (Clarivate Analytics)
- Business Economics and Theory Collection (Gale)
- CAB Abstracts - Agriculture and International Development Indexes
- CAB Animal Sciences
- CAB Abstracts - Environmental Sciences Indexes
- CAB Abstracts - Human Sciences Abstracts
- CAB Abstracts - Leisure and Tourism Abstracts
- CAB Abstracts - Plant Sciences Abstracts
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- EconLit (American Economic Association)
- Environment Complete (EBSCO)
- Environment Index (EBSCO)
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
- Business Collection (Gale)
- General OneFile (Gale)
- CAB Global Health
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- Pascal (INIST-CNRS)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
IJARGE is listed in:
- AERES [French research evaluation agency] journal lists
- Australian Business Deans Council Journal Rankings List
Editor in Chief
- Leal Filho, Walter, Hamburg University of Applied Sciences, Germany
- Rao, Prakash, Symbiosis International University, India
- Al-Amin, Abul Quasem, Universiti Tenaga Nasional (UNITEN), Malaysia
- Ahmed, Adeel, National University of Science and Technology, Pakistan
Editorial Board Members
- Agarwal, Bina, University of Delhi, India
- Azar, Christian, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Barkin, David, Universidad Autonoma Metropolitana – Xochimilco, Mexico
- Bateman, Ian J., University of East Anglia, UK
- Bergland, Olvar, Norwegian University of Life Sciences, Norway
- Brouwer, Floor, LEI Wageningen UR, Netherlands
- Byron, Neil, Productivity Commission, Australia
- Diesendorf, Mark, University of New South Wales, Australia
- El-Beltagy, Adel, International Centre for Agricultural Research in Dry Areas, Syrian Arab Republic
- Folmer, Henk, Wageningen University, Netherlands
- Gowdy, John M., Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, USA
- Hampicke, Ulrich, Ernst-Moritz-Arndt-Universität, Germany
- Hodge, Ian, University of Cambridge, UK
- Jiggins, Janice, , Netherlands
- Köhn, Jörg, , Germany
- Kamiya, Mitsugi, Food and Agriculture Policy Research Center, Japan
- Kennedy, John, La Trobe University, Australia
- Kephaliacos, Charles, Université de Toulouse, France
- Peet, John, University of Canterbury, New Zealand
- Röling, Niels, Wageningen Agricultural University, Netherlands
- Ramakrishnan, P.S., Jawaharlal Nehru University, India
- Randall, Alan, Ohio State University, USA
- Russell, Clifford S., , USA
- Segura-Bonilla, Olman, Centro Intl. Politica Economica (CINPE), Costa Rica
- Söderbaum, Peter, Mälardalen University, Sweden
- Southgate, Douglas, Ohio State University, USA
- Sun, Zhenjun, China Agricultural University, China
- Swanson, Tim, University College London, UK
- Tisdell, Clem, University of Queensland, Australia
- Turner, R.K., University of East Anglia, UK
- Van der Straaten, Jan, Tilburg University, Netherlands
- Weber, Jacques, Institut Français de la Biodiversité, France
- Xepapadeas, Anastasios, Athens University of Economics and Business, Greece
- Young, Mike, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Zylicz, Tomasz, Warsaw University, Poland
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.
Selected authors will be invited to elaborate on their research topic and submit the results to the journal for review and potential publication.