International Journal of Agent-Oriented Software Engineering
- Editor in Chief
- Michael Winikoff
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
IJAOSE fosters discussion on all software engineering aspects of the use of agent technology for the development of IT systems.
Topics covered include
- Software engineering methodologies for agents, MAS and agreement technologies
- Modelling languages and techniques
- Declarative technologies and techniques for the engineering of MAS
- Programming languages, frameworks, architectures, models, infrastructure for agents and MAS
- Techniques for specification and verification of MAS
- Pragmatic issues in MAS adoption
- performance, load balancing, scalability
- testing and fault-tolerance
- interoperability and standardisation
- integration with mainstream technologies/legacy systems
- Applications of agents and MAS and adoption experiences
- Evaluations of agent technology, including empirical studies, systematic literature reviews
- Tools and environments
- Benchmarking and testbeds
The objectives of IJAOSE are to establish a communication vehicle for researchers and practitioners to promote, publicise and exchange ideas relating to the interface between research and commercial adoption of agent technology within the software development community. A further objective is to bring together the two relevant communities of agent technologists and (traditional) software engineers. Although software engineering necessarily encompasses research and application, an individual paper in IJAOSE may address one or both of these aspects. If a proposal is purely theoretical, some application areas need to be indicated although empirical proof will not necessarily be required for publication in the journal.
Software engineering researchers; software developers; IT managers; educators
IJAOSE primarily publishes original papers subsequent to full peer review. Special issues may also be commissioned occasionally.
IJAOSE is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Compendex [formerly Ei] (Elsevier)
- ACM Digital Library
- Asian Digital Library
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- DBLP Computer Science Bibliography
- Google Scholar
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
IJAOSE is listed in:More journal lists/directories...
Editor in Chief
- Winikoff, Michael, University of Otago, New Zealand
- Gleizes, Marie-Pierre, Université Paul Sabatier, France
- Gomez-Sanz, Jorge, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Spain
- Sierra, Carles, Campus UAB, Spain
- Thangarajah, John, RMIT University, Australia
- Weyns, Danny, Linnaeus University, Sweden
Editorial Board Members
- Alechina, Natasha, University of Nottingham, UK
- Baldoni, Matteo, University of Torino, Italy
- Bauer, Bernhard, University of Augsburg, Germany
- Braubach, Lars, City University of Applied Sciences Bremen, Germany
- Collier, Rem, University College Dublin, Ireland
- Cossentino, Massimo, ICAR-CNR, Italy
- Dam, Hoa Khanh, University of Wollongong, Australia
- Dastani, Mehdi, Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Decker, Keith, University of Delaware, USA
- DeLoach, Scott, Kansas State University, USA
- Dix, Jüergen, Clausthal University of Technology, Germany
- El Fallah Seghrouchni, Amal, University Pierre and Marie Curie, France
- Far, Behrouz, University of Calgary, Canada
- Giorgini, Paolo, University of Trento, Italy
- Hindriks, Koen, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands
- Hübner, Jomi Fred, Federal University of Santa Catarina, Brazil
- Iglesias, Carlos, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, Spain
- Lespérance, Yves, York University, Canada
- Logan, Brian, University of Nottingham, UK
- Luck, Michael, King's College London, UK
- Mascardi, Viviana, University of Genova, Italy
- Mouratidis, Haralambos, University of Brighton, UK
- Müller, Jörg, Technische Universität Clausthal, Germany
- O'Leary, Daniel E., University of Southern California, USA
- Oliveira, Eugenio, Universidade do Porto, Portugal
- Pastor, Oscar, Valencia University of Technology (UPV), Spain
- Poggi, Agostino, Università degli Studi di Parma, Italy
- Ricci, Alessandro, University of Bologna, Italy
- Shehory, Onn, Bar Ilan University, Israel
- Sichman, Jaime Simão, University of São Paulo, Brazil
- Sycara, Katia, Carnegie Mellon University, USA
- Vasconcelos, Wamberto, University of Aberdeen, UK
- Weiss, Gerhard, University of Maastricht, Netherlands
- Wobcke, Wayne, University of New South Wales, Australia
- Yorke-Smith, Neil, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands
- Yu, Eric, University of Toronto, Canada
- Zambonelli, Franco, Universitá di Modena e Reggio Emilia, Italy
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.