International Journal of Applied Nonlinear Science
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Wen-Feng Wang
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
- Impact factor (Clarivate Analytics) 2023 1.4 (5 Year Impact Factor 1.1)
IJANS publishes original research contributions concerning mathematical modelling of nonlinear phenomena, fundamental theories, principles and general methods, computational methods and numerical simulations in nonlinear science and engineering. It presents the applications of nonlinear models to trending topics (e.g. brain-inspired intelligence) in natural and social science. IJANS also explores the background of nonlinear models, the development of innovative mathematical tools from nonlinear dynamical systems theory for analysing complex problems, new computational methods and computing techniques.
Topics covered include
- Chaos, fractals and other methods in nonlinear science
- Characterisation, control and prediction of nonlinear systems
- Computational and numerical solutions of nonlinear equations
- Mathematical modelling of nonlinear phenomena and processes
- Theoretical and computational applications of nonlinear methods
The major goal of IJANS is the publication of new research results on nonlinear methods and their applications. The journal aims to highlight the significance of nonlinear science for tackling scientific challenges, along with innovative methodologies.
Nonlinear science is known as the "third revolution" of natural science in the 20th century. But its applications involve all trending topics in natural and social science. We believe that research into nonlinear science not only has great scientific significance in changing our traditional views of the real world, but also practical significance for decision-making regarding national economies, people's livelihoods and the utilisation of human living environments.
IJANS is especially focused on presenting a new understanding of the categories and concepts of determinism and randomness, order and disorder, contingency and inevitability. It also presents a novel view of nature, which has profoundly affected the world's scientists' views on important topics (e.g. brain-inspired intelligence) in all aspects of science.
IJANS presents helpful references for all professionals, academics, students, researchers and policy makers interested in nonlinear theory, techniques and models for solving practical problems in the real world.
IJANS publishes high-quality research and review articles. Special issues that focus on particular research areas, along with technical reports of interest, are also published.
IJANS is indexed in:
- Web of Science: Emerging Sources Citation Index (Clarivate Analytics)
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- Google Scholar
- Mathematical Reviews/MathSciNet (American Mathematical Society)
IJANS is listed in:
- National Agency for Evaluation of the University and Research System (ANVUR)
- Cabell's Directory of Publishing Opportunities
Editor in Chief
- Wang, Wen-Feng, International Academy of Visual Arts and Engineering, UK
Editorial Board Members
- Agarwal, Praveen, Anand International College of Engineering, India
- Andres, Jan, Palacky University , Czech Republic
- Aouni, Belaid, Laurentian University, Canada
- Barnsley, Michael, Australian National University , Australia
- Berenguer Maldonado, Maria Isabel, University of Granada , Spain
- Cabrelli, Carlos, University of Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Freiberg, Uta, Universität Siegen, Germany
- Gámez Domingo, Domingo, University of Granada, Spain
- Garralda-Guillem, Ana Isabel, University of Granada, Spain
- Guo, Zizheng, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya, Spain
- Harkin, Anthony, Rochester Institute of Technology, USA
- Huang, Faming, Nanchang University, China
- Iacus, Stefano, University of Milan, Italy
- Igudesman, Konstantin, Kazan Federal University, Russian Federation
- Jung, Jae-Hun, State University of New York at Buffalo, USA
- Khan, Taufiquar R., Clemson University , USA
- Kunze, Herb, University of Guelph, Canada
- Lévy-Véhel, Jacques, Ecole Centrale Paris, France
- Leśniak, Krzysztof, Nicolaus Copernicus University, Poland
- Li, Chun-Lai, International Academy of Visual Arts and Engineering, UK
- Mantica, Giorgio, Universita' dell'Insubria , Italy
- Privileggi, Fabio, Università di Torino, Italy
- Radin, Michael A., Rochester Institute of Technology, USA
- Rohlf, Katrin, Ryerson University , Canada
- Ruiz Galán, Manuel, University of Granada, Spain
- Scalas, Enrico, Università del Piemonte Orientale, Italy
- Sedighi, Hamid M., Shahid Chamran University of Ahvaz, Iran
- Shen, Mouquan, Yeungnam University, South Korea
- Trenchea, Catalin, University of Pittsburgh , USA
- Vince, Andrew, University of Florida, USA
- Wei, Wei, Xi'an University of Technology, China
- Willms, Allan R., University of Guelph, Canada
- Xia, Min, Nanjing University of Information Science and Technology, China
- Yang, Xin-She, Middlesex University, UK
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.