International Journal of Accounting and Finance
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Mostaq M. Hussain
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
IJAF initiates and fosters discussion on issues that significantly contribute to the disciplines of accounting and finance, with emphasis on the implications of these disciplines in the ongoing globalisation process in the 21st century. The journal's emphasis on the inter-dependencies of accounting and finance reflects the increasing complexity of corporate financial management in recent years, and verifies the importance of understanding accounting and finance from an international context.
Topics covered include
- International and financial accounting
- Management and cost accounting
- Accounting information systems
- Accounting education
- Environmental and social accounting
- Accounting for non-profit organisations
- Public sector accounting
- Corporate governance: accounting/finance
- Ethical issues in accounting and financial reporting
- Corporate finance
- Investments, derivatives
- Capital markets in emerging economies
The objectives of IJAF are to establish a platform for policy makers, practitioners, regulatory agencies, academic and research institutions and persons concerned with the complex role of interdependencies of accounting and finance in contemporary organisations. It aims to promote a greater understanding, from an international perspective, of recent accounting malpractice in corporate financial management. IJAF focuses on the international dimension of accounting and finance research and practices consistent with the need to transcend the cultural and national boundaries in a globalised economy.
IJAF provides an opportunity to accounting and finance professionals, regulatory agencies/authorities, academics, researchers and policy makers in the fields of accounting and finance and other related disciplines at both national and international levels, to share and exchange ideas and experiences, thereby helping them to develop effective responses to the challenges of the 21st century.
IJAF publishes high quality original manuscripts, review papers, technical reports, case studies, conference reports, management reports, book reviews, notes, commentaries, and news. Special Issues that addresses important accounting and finance questions in the specific context of a region or topic will be published occasionally in order to promote greater understanding of the internationalisation dimensions of accounting and finance.
IJAF is indexed in:
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- Asian Digital Library
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- EconLit (American Economic Association)
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
IJAF is listed in:
- Australian Business Deans Council Journal Rankings List
- Cabell's Directory of Publishing Opportunities
Editor in Chief
- Hussain, Mostaq M., University of New Brunswick-SJ, Canada
- Nainar, S.M. Khalid, McMaster University, Canada
Editorial Board Members
- Aras, Güler, Yıldız Technical University, Turkey
- Bhimani, Al, London School of Economics, UK
- Boulianne, Emilio, Concordia University, Canada
- Chong, Gin, Texas A&M University - Prairie View, USA
- Crowther, David, De Montfort University, UK
- Djajadikerta, Hadrian G., Edith Cowan University, Australia
- Durukan, Banu, Dokuz Eylul University, Turkey
- Elbannan, Mohamed A., American University in Cairo, Egypt
- Fauzi, Hasan, Sebelas Maret University, Indonesia
- Haka, Susan F., Michigan State University, USA
- Herath, Siriyama Kanthi, Clark Atlanta University, USA
- Hindi, Nitham, University of Qatar, Qatar
- Hossain, Mahmud, King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals, Saudi Arabia
- Islam, Majidul, Concordia University, Canada
- Jarvenpaa, Marko, University of Jyvaskyla, Finland
- Jetty, Juliana, University of Glasgow, UK
- Kim, Sungsoo, Rutgers University, USA
- Kwon, Sung, York University, Canada
- Laitinen, Erkki K., University of Vaasa, Finland
- Meyer, Thomas O., Southeastern Louisiana University, USA
- Mohamed, Ehab K.A., German University in Cairo - GUC, Egypt
- Nandialath, Anup Menon, Zayed University, United Arab Emirates
- Nixon, William A, University of Dundee, UK
- Olibe, Kingsley O., Kansas State University, USA
- Rahman, Sheikh F., Central Queensland University, Australia
- Rohde, Carsten, Copenhagen Business School, Denmark
- Shabbir, Tayyeb, California State University Dominguez Hills, USA
- Shahwan, Yousef, Canadian University of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Sultan, Jahangir, Bentley College, USA
- Tahinakis, Panayiotis, University of Macedonia, Greece
- Talha, Mohammad, Prince Mohammad Bin Fahd University, Saudi Arabia
- Tourani-Rad, Alireza, Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand
- Vasudevan, Gopala, University of Massachusetts - Dartmouth, USA
- Waweru, Nelson, York University, Canada
- Xue, Shuang, Shanghai University of Finance and Economics, China
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.