African Journal of Economic and Sustainable Development
- Prof. Aida Sy
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
AJESD recognises the importance of economic development throughout Africa and also the need for this to be sustainable. With current geopolitical tensions and pressure from climate change, etc., it is increasingly vital to explore the whole nature and direction of growth coupled with sustainability in the region. AJESD aims to develop a deeper appreciation of past, current and future African issues to provide guidance and potential solutions. It publishes material that serves African nations in research, development, decision-/policy-making and education.
Topics covered include
- Economic development/policies
- Accounting and auditing
- Development and sustainability management
- Development of African industrial sector; African business leaders
- Finance, banking, regulations
- Anthropology and sociology of development
- Corporate governance, public policy
- Role of international organisations and multinational companies
- Environmental/natural resource economics; climate; forestry
- Production of raw materials, international trade
- Agricultural systems, role of agriculture
- Economy of food systems, populations
- Role of democracy, politics, unions; African history
- Role of women and education
- ICT developments and diffusion
The principal objective of AJESD is to provide an African forum for academicians and professionals in the fields of economic development and environmental economics and related sustainability issues to allow them to disseminate findings to the business community and society.
AJESD's readership consists of academic institutions, professors, researchers, graduate students, political institutions, professionals, business executives, and executives of local and international organisations.
AJESD publishes original papers, review papers, technical reports and case studies. Special Issues devoted to important topics within economics and sustainable development in Africa will occasionally be published.
AJESD is indexed in:
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- Asian Digital Library
- CAB Abstracts - Agriculture and International Development Indexes
- CAB Abstracts - Environmental Sciences Indexes
- CAB Abstracts - Human Sciences Abstracts
- CAB Abstracts - Leisure and Tourism Abstracts
- CAB Abstracts - Plant Sciences Abstracts
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- EconLit (American Economic Association)
- CAB Global Health
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
AJESD is listed in:
- Sy, Aida, Farmingdale State College, USA
- Ndjetcheu, Louis, Université de Douala, Cameroon
- Fleischman, Richard K., John Carroll University, USA
- Fullwiley, Duana, Harvard University, USA
- Johnston, Deborah, University of London, UK
- Kamdem, David, University of Dschang, Cameroon
- Matis, Dumitru, Babes-Bolyai University, Romania
- Reinstein, Alan, Wayne State University, USA
- Smith, L. Murphy, Murray State University, USA
- Tinker, Tony, Baruch College at the City University of New York, USA
Editorial Board Members
- Anabila, Andrew, University of Texas - Pan American, USA
- Benjamin, Nosseyamba, Université de Koudougou, Burkina Faso
- Choi, Kyungsub S., Rhode Island College, USA
- Ekomo Engolo, Camille, Université de Douala, Cameroon
- Guah, Matthew W., Claflin University, USA
- Hunter, Shirley, USAID/Haiti, Haiti
- Inglis, Robert, RMIT University, Australia
- Malgwi, Charles A., Bentley University, USA
- Mickhail, George, University of Wollongong, Australia
- Njoku, Jonathan, Kuwait-Maastricht Business School, Kuwait
- Otusanya, Olatunde, University of Lagos, Nigeria
- Strouhal, Jiří, University of Economics Prague, Czech Republic
- Tchumtchoua, Emmanuel, Université de Douala, Cameroon
- Tobe, Djibril, Intercelplus CEO, South Africa
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.