- Multimedia processing/content understanding/communication
- Multimedia semantic analysis/data mining
- Internet/mobile multimedia sharing
- Intelligent multimedia interface/services
- Biological/medical image processing
- Intelligent e-health based on multimedia analysis
- Multimedia database management
- Innovative multimedia systems or devices
- Multimedia content security/copy detection/copyright protection, digital rights management
- Object/event detection/tracking
- Biometric recognition, person identification from multimedia content
- Intelligent surveillance
- Crime detection/homeland security based on multimedia analysis
- Sensitive content retrieval/filtering over Internet
- Security and privacy in multimedia social networks
More on this journal...
The objectives of IJMIS are to provide a forum to information technology educators, researchers, and practitioners to advance the practice and understanding of multimedia intelligence and security. "Multimedia" refers but is not limited to text, image, video, audio, graphics, animation, etc. The journal places a major emphasis on how to realise intelligent multimedia computing and communication and how to adopt multimedia intelligence in security related applications.Readership
IJMIS provides a vehicle to help professionals, academics, researchers and policy makers, working in the field of multimedia data processing, management, engineering and applications, to disseminate information and to learn from each other's work.Contents
IJMIS publishes original papers, review papers, technical reports, case studies, conference reports, management reports, book reviews, notes, commentaries, and news. Special Issues devoted to important topics in multimedia intelligence or security will occasionally be published.
More on permissions
IJMIS is indexed in:
IJMIS is listed in:
Editor in Chief
- Benslimane, Abderrahim, University of Avignon, France
- Chen, Hsiao-Hwa, National Cheng Kung University, Taiwan
- Chen, Kwang-Cheng, University of South Florida, USA
- Guizani, Mohsen, University of Idaho, USA
- Leung, Victor C. M., The University of British Columbia, Canada
Editorial Board Members
- Ahmed, Toufik, Université Bordeaux 1, France
- Cavagnino, Davide, UniversitÓ degli Studi di Torino, Italy
- Dargahi, Tooska, University of Salford, UK
- Guo, Hongzhi, Xidian University, China
- Hewage, Chaminda, Cardiff Metropolitan University, UK
- Hussain, Rasheed, Innopolis University, Russian Federation
- Jiang, Chunxiao, Tsinghua University, China
- Kanellopoulos, Dimitris, University of Patras, Greece
- Kumar, Neeraj, Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, India
- Liu, Jiajia, Xidian University, China
- Liu, Qingzhong, Sam Houston State University, USA
- Lu, Rongxing, University of New Brunswick, Canada
- Oria, Vincent, New Jersey Institute of Technology, USA
- Prasad, Neeli R., Aalborg University, Denmark
- Rehmani, Mubashir Husain, Waterford Institute of Technology, Ireland
- Roose, Philippe, IUT of Bayonne, France
- Song, Houbing, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, USA
- Tsai, Chun-Ming, University of Taipei , Taiwan
- Vegni, Anna Maria, ROMA TRE University, Italy
- Yu, Shui, Deakin University, Australia
- Zhang, Wensheng, Iowa State University, USA
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.