- Deterministic/stochastic inventory models
- Single/multi-echelon inventory problems
- Static and dynamic inventory control
- Empirical research in inventory management
- Case studies in inventory
- Interfaces between inventory management and other areas (marketing, finance, etc)
- Inventory management in supply chains
- Retail inventory management
- Manufacturing inventory research
- Revenue management
- Information systems for inventory control (RFID, ERP,etc)
- Transportation inventory networks
- Inventory management in lean systems
- Operational and strategic issues in inventory control
More on this journal...
The objective of IJIR is to promote and stimulate innovative inventory research and its application for improving the productivity, customer satisfaction and competitiveness of manufacturing firms, retailers, logistics providers and all organisations that manage inventories. Although the journal maintains a focus on inventory theory, it deals with operational as well as strategic issues, with specific inventory models and with general supply chain issues, with firm-level as well as macroeconomic perspectives.
IJIR is relevant for all managers and professionals, researchers, educators and students concerned with recent advances in the area of inventory management and control. Individuals from a variety of disciplines such as operations management, industrial and systems engineering, operational research, supply chain management, statistics, economics, etc. will find IJIR beneficial.Contents
IJIR publishes original, high-quality research in inventory management. Normative and methodological research, empirical studies, case studies and innovative applications are appropriate, provided there is a significant contribution to the inventory literature or a high level of practical managerial relevance. State-of-the-art review papers that examine and evaluate recent streams of inventory research will also be considered. Special Issues devoted to important topics in inventory research will occasionally be published.
IJIR is indexed in:
IJIR is listed in:
- Urban, Timothy L., The University of Tulsa, USA
Editor in Chief
- Choi, Tsan-Ming (Jason), The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Chen, Jenny, Dalhousie University, Canada
- Chiu, Chun-Hung, Sun Yat-sen University, China
- Khan, Mehmood, Abu Dhabi University, United Arab Emirates
- Konstantaras, Ioannis, University of Macedonia, Greece
- Song, Dongping, University of Liverpool, UK
- Yue, Xiaohang, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, USA
Editorial Board Members
- Axsäter, Sven, Lund University, Sweden
- Çetinkaya, Sila, Texas A&M University, USA
- Chan, Hing-Kai, University of Nottingham - Ningbo, China
- Chen, Youhua, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Cheng, T.C. Edwin, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Dolgui, Alexandre, Ecole des Mines de Nantes, France
- Gallego, Guillermo, Columbia University, USA
- Gaur, Vishal, Cornell University, USA
- Geunes, Joseph P., University of Florida, USA
- Goh, Mark, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Govindan, Kannan, University of Southern Denmark, Denmark
- Grubbström, Robert W., Linköping Institute of Technology, Sweden
- Hsu, Vernon Ning, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Kim, Taebok, Incheon National University, Republic of Korea
- Kouvelis, Panos, Washington University in St. Louis, USA
- Lau, Hon-Shiang, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Li, Yongjian, Nankai University, China
- Maccini, Louis J., Johns Hopkins University, USA
- Muriel, Ana, University of Massachusetts, USA
- Nahmias, Steven, Santa Clara University, USA
- Özer, Özalp, University of Texas at Dallas, USA
- Perry, David, University of Haifa, Israel
- Pyke, David F., University of San Diego, USA
- Rao, Uday S., University of Cincinnati, USA
- Romeijn, H. Edwin, University of Michigan, USA
- Romero Morales, Dolores, University of Oxford, UK
- Shen, Zuo-Jun (Max), University of California, Berkeley, USA
- Sheu, Jiuh-Biing, National Taiwan University, Taiwan
- Skouri, Konstantina, University of Ioannina, Greece
- Sox, Charles R., University of Alabama, USA
- Wagelmans, Albert P. M., Erasmus University Rotterdam, Netherlands
- Wallace, Stein W., Norwegian School of Economics, Norway
- Wang, Yunzeng, University of California, Riverside, USA
- Wu, Diana, University of Kansas, USA
- Xiao, Tiaojun, Nanjing University, China
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles are refereed through a double-blind process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no fees for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
Read our Submitting articles page.