- Modelling inventory systems (deterministic/stochastic, single/multi-echelon, static/dynamic, etc.)
- Empirical research
- Supply chain management
- Retail inventory management
- Revenue management
- Supplier partnerships, including vendor-managed inventory, quick response, etc.
- Enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems
- Supply contracts
- Transportation inventory networks
- Lean systems
- Macroeconomic aspects of inventories
More on this journal...
The objective of IJIR is to promote and stimulate innovative inventory research and its application for improving the productivity, customer satisfaction and competitiveness of manufacturing firms, retailers, logistics providers and all organisations that manage inventories. Although the journal maintains a focus on inventory theory, it deals with operational as well as strategic issues, with specific inventory models and with general supply chain issues, with firm-level as well as macroeconomic perspectives.Readership
IJIR is relevant for all managers and professionals, researchers, educators and students concerned with recent advances in the area of inventory management and control. Individuals from a variety of disciplines such as operations management, industrial engineering, operational research, supply chain management, statistics, economics, etc. will find IJIR beneficial.Contents
IJIR publishes original, high-quality research. Normative and methodological research, empirical studies and innovative applications are appropriate for IJIR, provided there is practical managerial relevance. State-of-the-art review papers that examine and evaluate recent streams of inventory research will also be considered. Special Issues devoted to important topics in inventory research will occasionally be published.
IJIR is indexed in:
IJIR is listed in:
- Urban, Timothy L., The University of Tulsa, USA
Editorial Board Members
- Özer, Özalp, University of Texas at Dallas, USA
- Axsäter, Sven, Lund University, Sweden
- Çetinkaya, Sila, Texas A&M University, USA
- Chen, Youhua, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Gallego, Guillermo, Columbia University, USA
- Gaur, Vishal, Cornell University, USA
- Geunes, Joseph P., University of Florida, USA
- Goh, Mark, University of South Australia, Australia
- Grubbström, Robert W., Linköping Institute of Technology, Sweden
- Hsu, Vernon Ning, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Kouvelis, Panos, Washington University in St. Louis, USA
- Lau, Hon-Shiang, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Maccini, Louis J., Johns Hopkins University, USA
- Muriel, Ana, University of Massachusetts, USA
- Nahmias, Steven, Santa Clara University, USA
- Perry, David, University of Haifa, Israel
- Pyke, David F., University of San Diego, USA
- Rao, Uday S., University of Cincinnati, USA
- Romeijn, H. Edwin, University of Michigan, USA
- Romero Morales, Dolores, University of Oxford, UK
- Shen, Zuo-Jun (Max), University of California, Berkeley, USA
- Sox, Charles R., University of Alabama, USA
- Sprague, Linda G., China Europe International Business School, USA
- Wagelmans, Albert P. M., Erasmus University Rotterdam, Netherlands
- Wang, Yunzeng, University of California, Riverside, USA
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (taken to mean more than 50%) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles are refereed through a double-blind process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors is available.
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
Read our Submitting articles page.