| Editor in Chief: Dr. Irwan Trinugroho |
ISSN online: 2399-5033
ISSN print: 2399-5025
4 issues per year
IJGFI provides an international forum, especially for empirical papers, on corporate governance and equity ownership structure, financial institutions and financial intermediation, corporate finance, financial markets, strategic finance and other issues related to governance and financial intermediation. The journal focuses on issues of banking, finance and governance (macro and micro level) with particular emphasis on emerging markets, more specifically on the role of financial intermediary institutions as well as corporate governance and finance in institutional (macro level governance) and economic development.
- Banking and financial intermediation
- Corporate governance, agency theory and equity ownership structure
- Corporate and strategic finance, strategic management and organisation studies
- Financial development and inclusion, economic development
- Finance, growth, institutional development and law
- Privatisation and government-controlled firms
- Monetary economics and policies, fiscal policy and government budgets
- Financial stability, markets and instruments, and financial crises
- Portfolio theory, asset pricing and market microstructure
- Financial literacy, planning and personal finance; financial and managerial accounting
- Behavioural finance and experimental economics
- Family business, microfinance and SMEs, business groups and conglomerates
- Multinational finance and international economics
- ASEAN economic community; local governance and regional development
- Corruption and rent seeking behaviours
More on this journal...
IJGFI is dedicated to publishing high-quality research papers, both empirical and theoretical, on governance, finance and financial intermediation particularly in the context of emerging markets. It has been widely known that emerging markets have grown significantly in terms of capital market and banking development, which has led to fascinating economic growth in recent decades. The journal aims to not only stress a particular micro level area such as corporate finance and micro banking, but to go beyond and also bring a broader perspective of finance and banking with regard to their impact on the economic and institutional development of countries, particularly emerging ones.Readership
IJGFI provides valuable, noteworthy and reliable sources for business and economics researchers, educators and students as well as business practitioners, non-profit organisations, financial and banking regulators, and other governmental agencies. While the primary focus is on emerging markets, the readership should not, however, only come from within emerging countries, but also from developed countries.Contents
IJGFI publishes original, high-quality papers, review papers, case studies and book reviews. Special Issues devoted to important topics in governance and financial intermediation, particularly in the context of emerging markets, will occasionally be published.
More on permissions
IJGFI is indexed in:
IJGFI is listed in:
Editor in Chief
- Trinugroho, Irwan, Universitas Sebelas Maret (UNS), Indonesia
- Angriawan, Arifin, Purdue University Northwest, USA
- Lau, Evan, Universiti Malaysia Sarawak, Malaysia
- Setiawan, Doddy, Universitas Sebelas Maret, Indonesia
Editorial Board Members
- Bilgin, Mehmet Huseyin, Istanbul Medeniyet University, Turkey
- Chahyadi, Candra, Eastern Illinois University, USA
- Dieleman, Marleen, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Hanafi, Mamduh M., Gadjah Mada University, Indonesia
- Hashim, Fathyah, Universiti Sains Malaysia, Malaysia
- Husodo, Zaafri Ananto, University of Indonesia, Indonesia
- Kabir, Rezaul, University of Twente, Netherlands
- Kizys, Renatas, University of Portsmouth, UK
- Kostyuk, Alexander, Sumy State University, Ukraine
- Nainggolan, Yunieta Anny, Institut Teknologi Bandung, Indonesia
- Rarick, Charles, Purdue University Northwest, USA
- Saleem, Irfan, University of Central Punjab, Pakistan
- Sergi, Bruno S., University of Messina, Italy
- Siamwalla, Yanida, Assumption University, Thailand
- Slomka-Golebiowska, Agnieszka, Warsaw School of Economics, Poland
- Srinivasan, Kaliyaperumal, Higher College of Technology (HCT), Oman
- Verdoliva, Vincenzo, University of Naples "Parthenope", Italy
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.