- Renewable/non-renewable energy resources
- Global limits, fossil energy, nuclear energy technology/safety/waste
- Economic development, market forces/world trade, transition countries
- Assessments of energy systems/projects/policies
- Energy conservation, buildings, transportation/mobility, agriculture
- Ecological economics analyses, thermodynamic concepts
- Entropic irreversibility, Second Law efficiency, exergy analysis
- Energy accounting, "greened" national accounts
- Uncertainty/risk, data quality issues for modelling/policy evaluation
- Moral/political/scientific foundations for public decision-making
- Industrial ecology, business strategies and sustainable development
- Energy options in climate policy
- Governance, Agenda 21, public sector strategies, geopolitics
- North-South knowledge exchange, capacity building
- Education, public information, technical training, employment
More on this journal...
IJGEI was initiated in 1990 by UNESCO. It is currently produced with the cooperation of the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (Energy Division), and the International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA). It seeks to promote an innovative research agenda in support of international cooperation - including regional (as well as global) perspectives such as Europe, the Mediterranean, India, East Asia, the South Pacific, Latin America. Its interdisciplinary scope will support a wide reflection that can help decision makers and all citizens in the implementation of energy policies for sustainable development.
Professionals, academics, researchers and policy makers.Contents
IJGEI publishes original and review papers, technical reports, case studies, conference reports, management reports, book reviews, and notes, commentaries and news. Contribution may be by submission or invitation, and suggestions for special issues and publications are welcome.
Browse issuesVol. 35
IJGEI is indexed in:
IJGEI is listed in:
Editor in Chief
- Dorgham, M.A., International Centre for Technology and Management, UK
- Chevallier, Julien, University Paris Dauphine, France
- Purohit, Pallav, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA), Austria
Regional Editor China
- Wei, Yi-Ming, Beijing Institute of Technology (BIT), China
- Abdulai, Seyyid, OPEC Fund for International Development, Nigeria
- Al-Hamad, Abdul Latif, Arab Fund for Economic and Social Development, Kuwait
- Bacher, P., Electricité de France, France
- Ball Jr., Ben C., Integrated Energy Systems, USA
- Benim, A. C., Düsseldorf University of Applied Sciences, Germany
- Brown, Ashley C., Harvard University, USA
- Busch, Niels E., Busch & Partners, Denmark
- Chester, Lynne, University of Sydney, Australia
- Cohen, Bruce, Formerly UN Economic Commission for Europe, Switzerland
- Davis, J. Michael, ReliOn, USA
- Essayyad, Musa, McNeese State University, USA
- Gheorghe, Adrian V., Old Dominion University, USA
- Gisiger, Michel, Independent Consultant, Switzerland
- Goldemberg, Jose, State of São Paulo, Brazil
- Hawley, Robert, World Nuclear University, UK
- Holdren, John P., Harvard University, USA
- Huntington, Hillard G., Stanford University, USA
- Inyang, Hilary I., The University of North Carolina at Charlotte, USA
- Jefferson, Michael, London Metropolitan Business School, UK
- Khodr, Hussein M., Simón Bolívar University, Venezuela
- Kothari, D. P., J B Group of Institutions, India
- Labys, Walter C., West Virginia University, USA
- Liu, Ronghou, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China
- Maïsseu, André, WONUC, France
- Maniatopoulos, C.S., European Commission, Belgium
- Nasu, Sho, Energy Conservation Center, Japan
- Norvik, Harald, Econ Management, Norway
- Pachauri, Rajendra K., TATA Energy Research Institute (TERI), India
- Pfaffenberger, Wolfgang, International University Bremen, Germany
- Radetzki, Marian, Luleå University of Technology, Sweden
- Ruffing, Lorraine, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD), Switzerland
- Speth, James Gustave, Yale University, USA
- Strassburg, Wolfgang, RWE AG, Germany
- Van Kleef, Tans, UNECE, Switzerland
- Vargas, José I., Federal Government of Brazil, Brazil
- Velikhov, Evgeny Pavlovich, Kurchatov Institute, Russian Federation
- Vilogorac, Sead, United Nations Economic Commission for Europe, Switzerland
- Voß, Alfred, University of Stuttgart, Germany
- Weyant, John P., Stanford University, USA
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (taken to mean more than 50%) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles are refereed through a double-blind process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors is available.
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
Read our information on preparing and submitting articles.