- Conventional/traditional, hybrid, novel, and advanced additive and subtractive manufacturing processes/techniques at multiple scales (nano, micro and meso)
- Design and modelling/simulation of manufacturing processes/techniques
- Design and modelling/simulation of physical processes at multiple scales
- Novel/advanced, multiple/hybrid, composite and monolithic materials (metallic, ceramic, polymer and biomaterials)
- Characterisation/performance of materials for microstructures, physical (mechanical, electrical, and chemical) and [multi]functional (biological, optical, surface) properties
- Applications of additive and subtractive manufacturing processes/techniques
- Process optimisation, quality, control, automation, artificial intelligence
- Solution methodologies in integrated design/manufacturing
- Instrumentation and measurement
- Thermodynamics, heat and mass transfer, fluid dynamics
- Precision engineering, inspection, measurement, metrology and computer-integrated manufacturing systems
More on this journal...
IJASMM, dedicated to the very new additive manufacturing (AM) and age-old subtractive manufacturing (SM), is a complimentary platform for discussion/communication on the evolution of the next generation manufacturing. The overall objective and mission of IJASMM is to provide a unified platform for dissemination of basic and applied knowledge about both additive and subtractive manufacturing. The specific mission of the journal is to give scientists, researchers, teachers, students and practitioners the tools and information they need to build successful careers and also to be an impetus to advancements in next-generation manufacturing. The general objective of the journal is to become a leading source of basic and applied knowledge in the field of advanced manufacturing by providing high-quality scientific, engineering and technological information.Readership
IJASMM provides a platform for scientists/researchers, engineers, academicians, students and practitioners to share their ideas, work and vision related to manufacturing in a very open and cordial environment. The journal also provides a venue to educate and widen the knowledge base of those already working in the field and introduces to the field those contemplating stepping into it.Contents
IJASMM publishes original papers, short/rapid communications, technical reports, case studies and review papers. Special issues devoted to important topics are also occasionally published. Articles in the journal 1) are related to basic and applied science as well as being highly technologically and engineering oriented, 2) provide a platform for in-depth publications, short and rapid communications on new developments, review articles focusing on specific timely important subfields, and theme-based timely and scientifically/technologically important topics, and 3) maintain the interdisciplinary nature of the content of the journal for wider audience/participants (authors and readers).
More on permissions
IJASMM is indexed in:
IJASMM is listed in:
This journal is yet to be included in any lists or directories.
Editor in Chief
- Dahotre, Narendra B., University of North Texas, USA
Editorial Board Members
- Banerjee, Rajarshi, University of North Texas, USA
- Bártolo, Paulo Jorge, University of Manchester, UK
- Blue, Craig A., Oak Ridge National Laboratory, USA
- Chou, Kevin, The University of Alabama, USA
- Collins, Peter, Iowa State University, USA
- Cormier, Denis, Rochester Institute of Technology, USA
- Dhokia, Vimal, University of Bath, UK
- Fuh, Jerry Y.-H., National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Gibbons, Gregory J., University of Warwick, UK
- Gibson, Ian, Deakin University, Australia
- Joshi, Suhas S., Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, India
- Kim, Dongsik, POSTECH, South Korea
- Klemp, Eric, University of Paderborn, Germany
- Kovacevic, Radovan, Southern Methodist University, USA
- Lawrence, Jonathan, University of Chester, UK
- Mativenga, Paul, The University of Manchester, UK
- Mishra, Rajiv S., University of North Texas, USA
- Padmanabham, G., International Advanced Research Centre for Powder Metallurgy and New Materials (ARCI), India
- Park, Hyung Wook, Ulsan National University of Science and Technology (UNIST), South Korea
- Qian, Ma, Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology and University of Queensland, Australia
- Ramesh Babu, N., Indian Institute of Technology Madras, India
- Salminen, Antti, Lappeenranta University of Technology, Finland
- Soo, Sein Leung, University of Birmingham, UK
- Sundararajan, G., Indian Institute of Technology Madras, India
- Toyserkani, Ehsan, University of Waterloo, Canada
- Wu, Xinhua, Monash University, Australia
- Yan, Jiwang, Keio University, Japan
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.