- Basic and applied research
- Technology management/transfer
- Engineering of coupling nuclear/desalination systems
- New generation of nuclear reactors (FBR, High Temperature, etc)
- Maintenance and upkeep
- Nuclear fuel cycle
- By-/end-product management
- Economics, planning, programming, management, control of major projects
- Industrial strategy/policy
- Investment management
- Economic/social constraints and repercussions
- Impacts, spinoffs, industrial/agricultural/humanitarian consequences
- Sustainable development
- Quality, safety, security
- Risk management
More on this journal...
The objectives of IJND are the:
- Development, dissemination and exchange of scientific and technical knowledge relative to the use of nuclear energy for the production and social use of freshwater (and the joint production of freshwater and electricity)
- Development, dissemination and exchange of technological and economic knowledge permitting the construction and operation of nuclear energy for the production of freshwater (and the joint production of freshwater and electricity) in miscellaneous geopolitical and societal contexts; and
- Development, dissemination and exchange of scientific, technical, financial, economic, geopolitical, medical and social information necessary to take decisions pertaining to the production and social use of freshwater (and the joint production of freshwater and electricity) by nuclear energy.
Professionals, academics, researchers and policy makers.Contents
A fair balance is sought between:
- special issues addressing specific topics, resulting from state-of-the-art reviews and in-depth and supplementary articles
- issues of a more conventional structure blending articles addressing several topics.
The best articles presented in the series of international conferences ||Nuclear Desalination: Challenges and Options|| will be published and will provide the editorial holding for the journal. In addition to the publication of scientific articles, a review of publications (books and theses) and the announcement of international conferences pertaining to the topics addressed in the journal is included.
More on permissions
IJND is indexed in:
IJND is listed in:
This journal is yet to be included in any lists or directories.
- Maïsseu, André, WONUC, France
Editor in Chief
- Lahlou, Fouad, Ecole Polyvalente Supérieure d'Informatique et d'Electronique, Morocco
- Khamis, Ibrahim, International Atomic Energy Agency - IAEA, Austria
- Tewari, Pradip K., Homi Bhabha National Institute, India
Editorial Board Members
- Abdel-Hamid, Sayed B., Advisor to the Minister of Electricity and Energy, Egypt
- Al-Awadi, Nader Mohammed, Kuwait Institute for Scientific Research (KISR), Kuwait
- Al-Johani, Mohammed S., King Abdul Aziz University, Saudi Arabia
- Al-Marshad, Abdullah I, Al-Imam Muhammad ibn Saud Islamic University, Saudi Arabia
- Al-Mutaz, Ibrahim S., King Saud University, Saudi Arabia
- Andrianne, Jacques, Tractebel Power Plant Division, Belgium
- Baranaev, Yury, Institute of Physics and Power Engineering, Russian Federation
- Bergallo, Juan, Centro Atomico Bariloche, Argentina
- Birkett, James D., West Neck Strategies, USA
- Chang, Moon H., Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute, Republic of Korea
- Colak, Uner, Hacettepe University, Turkey
- Dangore, A.Y., BARC(F) Nuclear Desalination Demonstration Project, India
- De Oliveira, Cassiano R.E., University of New Mexico, USA
- El-Dessouky, Hisham T.A., Three S International Consultant Bearu, Egypt
- Elmaani, Azedine, Mawaride Consultancy, United Arab Emirates
- Faibish, Ron, Argonne National Laboratory, USA
- Hastowo, Hudi, Badan Tenaga Nuklir Nasional, Indonesia
- Kakodkar, Anil, Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, India
- Karameldin, Aly, Atomic Energy Authority, Egypt
- Kettab, Ahmed, Ecole Nationale Polytechnique (E.N.P.) - Alger, Algeria
- Lebedev, Larion A., MINATOM, Russian Federation
- Lecomte, Michel, Framatome ANP, France
- Masriera, Nestor A., INVAP, F.P., Argentina
- Megahed, Mohamed M., Nuclear Power Plants Authority, Egypt
- Mekhemar, Samer S., Atomic Energy Authority, Egypt
- Misra, Braj Mohan, India
- Moshfeghian, Abbas, Atomic Energy Organization of Iran, Iran
- Mubeen, Fayyaz Muddassir, Pakistan Desalination Association, Pakistan
- Muralev, Eugen D., Mangyshlak Atomic Energy Complex, Kazakhstan
- Nicholls, David, PBMR (Pty) Ltd, South Africa
- Oka, Yoshiaki, The University of Tokyo, Japan
- Pankratz, Tom, Water Consultants International, USA
- Polunichev, Vitaly, OKB Mechanical Engineering, Russian Federation
- Prabhakar, S., Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, India
- Razvi, Junaid, General Atomics, USA
- Romenkov, Anatolyi, ENTEK, Russian Federation
- Srivastava, V K, Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, India
- Sunaryo, Geni Rina, National Nuclear Energy Agency of Indonesia, Indonesia
- Tusel, Günther, GFT Desalination GmbH, Germany
- Wu, Shaorong, Tsinghua University, China
- Zhang, Yajun, Tsinghua University, China
- Zheng, Wenxiang, Tsinghua University, China
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
Read our preparing and submitting articles page.