| Editor in Chief: Dr. Miguel-Angel Sicilia |
ISSN online: 1744-263X
ISSN print: 1744-2621
4 issues per year
IJMSO aims at publishing research advances and discussions about metadata in a broad sense, and about their associated semantics and ontological structures, from a multi-disciplinary perspective, and with an emphasis on domain-specific ontologies and organisational, human interaction and social issues regarding metadata annotation, use and assessment. It also intends covering Semantic Web research, as a concrete metadata-intensive technological framework in which shared and standardised semantics are a critical issue.
- Metadata design and semantics
- Quality of metadata
- Evaluation and applications of metadata standards
- Metadata annotation practices
- Ontological and knowledge-based approaches to metadata
- Ontologies and standard catalogues specific to business or professional domains
- Semantic Web and ontologies in library science and digital libraries
- Metadata-based information retrieval and browsing
- Organisational and social aspects of Semantic Web and related technologies
More on this journal...
The main objective of IJMSO is to provide an open forum in which several disciplines converge and provide their perspectives regarding the complex topic of metadata creation, use and assessment. Those disciplines include Digital Libraries, the Semantic Web, Library Science and Knowledge Management, among others.Readership
IJMSO aims at being an open forum for researchers, practitioners, managers and policy makers in the field of metadata, informing current practices with recent innovations.Contents
IJMSO publishes original research papers providing significant results, and also short communications about innovative ideas and news, announcements and reviews regarding the topics of the journal. Articles describing schemas or ontologies for concrete applications or domains are also welcomed, provided that a digital version of the final artefact is submitted to be made publicly available.
More on permissions
IJMSO is indexed in:
IJMSO is listed in:
Editor in Chief
- Sicilia, Miguel-Angel, University of Alcalá, Spain
- Garoufallou, Emmanouel, Alexander Technological Educational Institute (ATEI) of Thessaloniki, Greece
- Akerkar, Rajendra, Western Norway Research Institute (Vestlandsforsking), Norway
- Greenberg, Jane, Drexel University, USA
- Papatheodorou, Christos, Ionian University, Greece
- Stellato, Armando, University of Rome, Tor Vergata, Italy
- Chatzopoulou, Chrysanthi, Alexander TEI of Thessaloniki, Greece
Editorial Board Members
- Bargmeyer, Bruce, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, USA
- Beckett, Dave, University of Bristol, UK
- Budin, Gerhard, University of Vienna, Austria
- Dicheva, Darina, Winston-Salem State University, USA
- Gasevic, Dragan, Monash University, Australia
- Gensel, Jérome, Université Pierre Mendès-France, France
- Hori, Masahiro, Kansai University, Japan
- Hyvonen, Eero, Aalto University, Finland
- Kashyap, Vipul, Partners Healthcare System, Inc., USA
- Kiryakov, Atanas, Sirma AI EAD Ltd, Bulgaria
- Lacroix, Zoe, Arizona State University, USA
- Ma, Zongmin, Northeastern University, China
- Moen, William E., University of North Texas, USA
- Rajashekar, T.B., Indian Institute of Science, India
- Sowa, John F., VivoMind, USA
- Sutton, Stuart A., University of Washington, USA
- Taniar, David, Monash University, Australia
- Weibel, Stuart, OCLC Office of Research, USA
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.