Calls for papers
International Journal of Computational Science and Engineering
Special Issue on: "Mobile Social Networking and Cloud Computing"
Chun-Cheng Lin, National Chiao Tung University, Taiwan
Der-Jiunn Deng, National Changhua University of Education, Taiwan
Hsu-Chun Yen and Sy-Yen Kuo, National Taiwan University, Taiwan
Since social networks come with a large amount of possible applications and have different characteristics of information generation and transmission, there exist several challenges and design issues that need to be overcome and integrated with different kinds of network technologies.
Among the most popular integrated network technologies, cloud computing represents a paradigm shift from existing IT infrastructures to using the services of software applications, computing and storage over wide-area distribution networks. This trend is being empowered by the drastic performance improvement of IT infrastructure components, together with key innovations in the way cloud computing infrastructure is built, such as virtualisation, distributed computing, multi-core processors and service-oriented architectures.
Social networking and cloud computing technology have gained more and more attention in recent years. This special issue strives to foster state-of-the-art research pertaining to social networking and cloud computing, especially in relation to mobile services, in the area of advanced technologies and in innovative applications.
The issue will carry revised and substantially extended versions of selected papers presented at the 1st International Workshop on Mobile Social Networking and Cloud Computing (MSC 2011), but we also strongly encourage researchers who did not participate in the conference to submit papers.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include but are not limited to:
- Social structure and community modelling
- Evolution of social media and information ecosystems
- Interoperability of social applications
- Social network behaviors, dynamics, topology, analysis and self-organisation
- Agent cooperation and models
- Fairness-based resource sharing and allocation
- Scalability of social networks
- Identity and simulation of social networks
- Recommender and collaborative filtering systems
- Link analysis and network structure discovery
- Privacy and security issues in social computing systems
- Mobile, peer-to-peer and pervasive services in clouds
- Applications of multimedia, video and speed in clouds
- Cluster computing technology based on distributed architecture for multimedia applications
- Intelligent multimedia computing in clouds
- eScience and eBusiness
- Virtual enterprises and organisations
- Performance evaluation of multimedia applications for clouds
- Multimedia indexing and retrieval in clouds
- Image processing and digital signal processing in clouds
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper was not originally copyrighted and if it has been completely re-written).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process. A guide for authors, sample copies and other relevant information for submitting papers are available on the Author Guidelines page
Submission deadline: 15 November, 2011
Acceptance notification: 15 January, 2012
Final paper due: 15 March, 2012