Calls for papers
World Review of Entrepreneurship, Management and Sustainable Development
Special Issue on: "Healthcare, Management and Marketing"
Guest Editor: Dr. Iga Rudawska, University of Szczecin, Poland
Associate Guest Editor: Dr. Rudi Kaufmann, University of Nicosia, Cyprus
Most countries are under constant pressure to review and rebuild their healthcare systems. While the set of reform patterns varies among countries, the interest in changes has spread to encompass nearly every dimension of present-day arrangements. A central problem of this expanding reform process has been the long learning circle. It typically requires several years from the implementation of a particular initiative before it is possible to assess its impact. The greatest pressure for change has been the increased role of the managerial approach to the provision and, in some countries, the founding of healthcare. A number of market-style mechanisms have been applied to different sub-sectors of the health system and on different levels of health systems. Effective management of both the healthcare system at the macro-level and healthcare providers at the micro-level seems to be the biggest challenge for the most countries.
In this special issue, we are seeking new and innovative work on how to manage healthcare for social and economic profit and on how marketing professionals attempt to balance in practice these sometimes contradictory dimensions and discourses to achieve market success. The issue encourages researchers to submit papers on a wide range of topics related broadly to healthcare management and marketing. Contributions are not restricted to those engaged in management and marketing research with healthcare but may come from those engaged in public health, quality, services, health economics, health policy, and other related social science disciplines. Both theoretical and empirically based papers are encouraged.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include but are not limited to:
- Managing relationships in healthcare
- Marketing healthcare services
- Theories and practices of management and leadership in health and related organizations
- Competition and co-opetition strategies in healthcare
- Strategic management within healthcare organizations
- Leadership training and development
- Performance accountability
- Organisational behaviour, governance, management and leadership
- The inter-relationship of health and public sector services
- Patient expectations and behaviours
- The use community health programmes
- Improving patient care and services through effective management practices
- The use of quality tools and models in leadership management development such as the EFQM excellence model, balanced scorecard, quality standards, managed care
- Issues relating to process control such as six sigma, leadership, managing change and process mapping
- Improving patient care through quality related programmes and/or research
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper was not originally copyrighted and if it has been completely re-written).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process. A guide for authors, sample copies and other relevant information for submitting papers are available on the Author Guidelines page
Deadline for abstract (max 150 words) submission: 15 December, 2010.
Deadline for full paper submission: 28 February, 2011