Calls for papers
International Journal of Vehicle Autonomous Systems
Special Issue on: "Advanced Energy Processing and Control for Electric Vehicles"
Guest Editor: Professor Guoqing Xu, Chinese University of Hong Kong, China
Electric vehicles, including pure electric vehicles (PEV or EV), hybrid electric vehicles (HEV) and fuel cell vehicles(FCV), have attracted worldwide attention increasingly from governments, industry, and the public as global environmental and energy issues grow in concern.
Although electric vehicles have shown advantages over internal combustion engine vehicles in terms of environmental friendliness and energy efficiency, many technical challenges remain unsolved, impeding the market share growth. The main feature of electric vehicles is the advanced and complex powertrain system, which brings the technical challenges of the energy storage system and driving motor system, as well as the vehicle management system.
The primary objective of this special issue is to promote the research and development of energy processing and control technologies which are significantly important to the development of electric vehicles in terms of low cost, high efficiency, low emission and customer satisfaction in economy and safety. The main focuses will be on energy management and power control, as well as vehicle dynamics control technology, including intelligent methods and their applications.Subject Coverage
Topics include but are not limited to the following areas:
- Advanced management technology for energy storage system
- Battery management systems, SOC estimation of Li-ion batteries
- Battery package cooling systems, active thermal management
- Intelligent power source and telematics technology associated with smart grid
- Advanced motor driving and control technology
- High performance and intelligent control for driving motors
- Sensorless control technology for driving motors
- Regenerative braking technology
- High efficiency regenerative braking control for driving motors
- Vehicle regenerative braking strategy and intelligent algorithms
- Vehicle energy management technology
- Energy management and optimization for EV/HEV
- Real-time optimal control under non-stationary driving cycle for EV/HEV
- Dynamics control technology for EVs
- Dynamics parameter identification technology
- Longitudinal dynamics control
- Lateral dynamics control especially for in-wheel motor driven EV
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper was not originally copyrighted and if it has been completely re-written).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process. A guide for authors, sample copies and other relevant information for submitting papers are available on the Author Guidelines page
Submission of full paper before: 15 September, 2011
Completion of first review: 31 October, 2011
Submission of revised paper: 30 November, 2011
Completion of final review: 31 December, 2011
Final paper due: 30 January, 2012