Calls for papers
International Journal of Business and Globalisation
Special Issue on: "Wine Business and Globalisation"
Dr. Ruth Rios-Morales, University of Applied Sciences, Switzerland
Prof. Lorenzo Zanni, University of Sienna, Italy
Wine production and consumption has traditionally been associated with Euro-Mediterranean countries. In the last decades, the global wine scenario has been undergoing a radical change due to the entrance of non-traditional producing and consuming countries. These changes have given rise to a renewed structure of the global wine business and new competition rules that challenges both Old and New producing countries.
This special issue is devoted to the wine business and globalisation and in particular focusing on issues that are arising in terms of strengths and weaknesses, threats and opportunities for new and existing companies. It seeks papers that will contribute to the understanding of developments in this area.Subject Coverage
Topics of interest include, but not limited to, the following:
- New trends of wine production and consumption in the global market
- The impact of the "New World" wine producers in the global market share
- Strategies of traditional wine producers
- New key opportunity markets for wine
- Investment in the wine industry
- Entrepreneurship and business models in the wine industry
- Governmental policies promoting internationalisation of the wine industry
- Innovation in the wine industry- local, regional and global
- Wine clusters
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper was not originally copyrighted and if it has been completely re-written).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process. A guide for authors, sample copies and other relevant information for submitting papers are available on the Author Guidelines page
Deadline for Submission: 15 December 2010 (extended)