Calls for papers
International Journal of Dynamical Systems and Differential Equations
Special Issue on: "Degenerate and Singular Parabolic and Elliptic Equations"
C.V. Pao, North Carolina State University, USA
Weihua Ruan, Purdue University Calumet, USA
This special issue is intended to survey the recent progress in analyses and applications of nonlinear degenerate and singular equations and systems of elliptic, parabolic, and mixed parabolic-hyperbolic types. Particular attention will be paid to the mathematical and numerical analysis of models arising in the study of reaction-diffusion-convection processes.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include but are not limited to:
- Model development and analysis involving degenerate or singular parabolic or parabolic-hyperbolic equations.
- Well-posedness of the Cauchy or initial-boundary value problems of degenerate parabolic-hyperbolic equations.
- Regularity of solutions of time-dependent and steady-state solutions.
- Long term behaviour of time-dependent solutions.
- Blow-up property of time-dependent solutions.
- Stability and instability of steady-state solutions.
- Uniqueness or multiplicity of steady-state solutions.
- Numerical analysis and computation of degenerate and singular elliptic, parabolic, or parabolic-hyperbolic equations.
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper was not originally copyrighted and if it has been completely re-written).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process. A guide for authors, sample copies and other relevant information for submitting papers are available on the Author Guidelines page
Deadline for Submission: 30 June, 2010