Calls for papers
International Journal of Materials and Product Technology
Special Issue on: "Advances in Meso and Micro Manufacturing Technology"
Guest Editor: Professor J. Paulo Davim, University of Aveiro, Portugal
Nowadays, meso (1-10 mm)/micro (1-1000 µm) manufacturing is an important technology for conventional products as well as for new products, especially where miniaturisation, mechatronics and high performance are important. Applications of meso/micro manufacturing are in advanced industries, for example, aerospace, automotive, optical, military, alternative energy, biomedical and microelectronics packaging, etc. Meso and micro manufacturing processes can be applied to work metallic and non-metallic materials such as polymers, ceramics, composites and special materials.
This special issue of IJMPT invites the submission of high quality research articles related to experimental and computational topics on meso and micro manufacturing.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include, but are not limited to, the following aspects:
- Manufacturability of the materials at meso/micro scale
- Developments and design of precision and micro machine tools
- Meso/micro machining processes: turning, milling, drilling, etc
- Meso/micro forming: stamping, blanking, embossing, etc
- Grinding: precision and ultraprecision grinding processes.
- Nontraditional meso/micro manufacturing processes: laser, EDM, etc
- Micro manufacturing using x-ray lithography
- Modelling and simulation of meso/micro manufacturing processes
- Applications with special emphasis in alternative energy devices
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper was not originally copyrighted and if it has been completely re-written).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process. A guide for authors, sample copies and other relevant information for submitting papers are available on the Author Guidelines page
Deadline for submission: 1 December 2009