Calls for papers
International Journal of Management in Education
Special Issue on: "Quality Assurance in Education Management"
Guest Editor: Professor Peter Horn, ISM – International School of Management
The general theme of this Special Issue focuses on quality assurance. Since the 1980s, crossborder higher education through the mobility of students, academic staff, programmes / institutions and professionals has grown considerably. In parallel, new delivery modes have appeared, such as campuses abroad, electronic delivery of higher education and for-profit providers. These new forms of higher education offer increased opportunities for improving the skills and competencies of individual students but also present new challenges in ensuring quality – developing appropriate procedures and systems in order to maximise the benefits and limit the potential drawbacks of the internationalisation of higher education on quality.
The establishment of appropriate quality assurance systems has become a necessity, not only for monitoring quality in higher education delivered within the country, but also for engaging in delivery of higher education internationally. This Special Issue aims to provide a venue for high quality papers focusing on the analytical and empirical study of quality assurance processes in private and public sector organisations - including cases and action research.Subject Coverage
Papers are solicited that address these issues from an empirical and/or conceptual point of view. Possible topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
- Policies and procedures for quality assurance.
- Approval, monitoring and periodic review of programs and awards.
- Assessment of students.
- Quality assurance of teaching staff.
- Learning resources and student support.
- Information systems.
- Use of internal quality assurance procedures.
- Development of external quality assurance processes.
- Quality assurance criteria for decisions
- Quality assurance process and fit with the institutions purpose.
- Quality assurance reporting.
- Periodic quality reviews.
- Use of external quality assurance procedures.
- Analysis of political, economic, social, legal and cultural environment in which educational organisations work
- Autonomy, professionalism and decision policies
- Case studies from schools in different countries
- Change management and education quality
- Classroom management
- Computers in educational administration
- Differing cultural perceptions of management in education
- Distance education and multimedia environments
- Education economics
- Educational leadership
- Educational systems planning/strategic planning
- Equity and education
- Finance and accountability
- Globalisation and education
- Individual professional learning portfolio
- Information systems for education and training support
- Knowledge and education
- Leadership in education
- Lifelong learning and development of competences
- Management in higher education
- Management of e-education
- Managing the curriculum
- Marketing in education
- Mobile learning: policy and management
- Organisations as learning communities
- Policy analysis and evaluation of institutions and study programmes
- Professional development of teaching staff
- Public policies management
- Research methods in education
- School and school system improvement
- Transactional education, student and teaching mobility
- Other relevant topic areas
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere
All papers are refereed through a peer review process. A guide for authors, sample copies and other relevant information for submitting papers are available on the Author Guidelines page
Abstract Submission: 1 December, 2008
Final Paper Submission: 1 February, 2009