Journal of Supply Chain Relocation
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Xiangfeng Chen
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
Relocation is high on the agenda for many companies, involving complex decision processes and proper risk management. To make appropriate decisions, a holistic supply chain view is needed. JSCR provides an international forum for critical evaluation/dissemination of research and development in the field of supply chain relocation. It is the only scientific journal providing a holistic, global perspective on supply chain relocation regardless of industry and sector. JSCR places strong emphasis on applied research with implications for theory and practice.
Topics covered include
- Supply chain management in a strategic context
- Global supply chain design
- Supply chain network (e.g., manufacturing, distribution, transportation)
- Manufacturing footprint design
- Manufacturing and supply chain strategy
- Relocation strategies (e.g., offshoring, reshoring, outsourcing, insourcing, nearshoring)
- Relocation processes (e.g., feasibility, realisation, drivers, enablers, barriers, outcomes)
- Relocation decisions (e.g., criteria, evaluation, investment/cost/risk assessment)
- Vertical integration
- Make or buy decisions
- Experience and best practices of relocation decisions
- New technology in relocation decisions (e.g. Industry 4.0, additive manufacturing)
- Sustainability issues in relocation decisions
- Supplier selection, evaluation, and relations
The objective of JSCR is to provide a forum for interaction between academics and practitioners in the field of supply chain relocation. It seeks to further develop supply chain relocation theory, to disseminate advanced novel knowledge for improving practice and to improve both the theoretical and practical aspects of supply chain relocation.
JSCR aims to foster and lead the international debate on supply chain relocation. It ensures that high-quality research is collected and disseminated widely to both academics and practitioners, and provides a global forum for debate. It covers all subjects related to supply chain relocation regardless of industry or sector. The key audiences include academics, researchers, senior executives, managers, policy makers, and consultants.
JSCR publish original and high-quality research within the field of supply chain relocation. The research has a significant impact on location/relocation theory and practice. It includes original research papers, review papers, conceptual papers, industrial notes, research notes, conference reports, and book reviews. Special issues devoted to important topics in supply chain relocation will also be published.
Editor in Chief
- Chen, Xiangfeng, Fudan University, China
- Eriksson, David, Jönköping University, Sweden
- Hilletofth, Per, Jönköping University, Sweden
- Pastuszak, Zbigniew, Maria Curie-Sklodowska University, Poland
- Xu, Xun, California State University, Stanislaus, USA
Editorial Board Members
- Ahsan, Kamrul, RMIT University, Australia
- Ali, Mohd Helmi, National University of Malaysia, Malaysia
- Azevedo, Jovane Medina, Santa Catarina State University, Brazil
- Braga, Vitor, Polytechnic of Porto, Portugal
- Bruch, Jessica, Mälardalen University, Sweden
- Chong, Alain Yee-Loong, University of Nottingham, Ningbo Campus, China
- Dermol, Valerij, International School for Social and Business Studies, Slovenia
- Fratocchi, Luciano, University of L'Aquila, Italy
- Gunasekaran, Angappa, California State University, Bakersfield, USA
- Hazen, Benjamin T., Air Force Institute of Technology, USA
- Hedenstierna, Philip, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Norway
- Ichoua, Soumia, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, USA
- Joshi, Sudhanshu, Doon University, India
- Kinkel, Steffen, Karlsruhe University of Applied Sciences, Germany
- Kotzab, Herbert, Universität Bremen, Germany
- Lee, Tzong-Ru (Jiun-Shen), National Chung Hsing University, Taiwan
- Lin, Binshan, Louisiana State University in Shreveport, USA
- Naim, Mohamed M., Cardiff University, UK
- Ng, Amos, University of Skövde, Sweden
- Pal, Rudrajeet, University of Borås, Sweden
- Pimenta, Márcio Lopes, Federal University of Uberlândia, Brazil
- Pujawan, Nyoman, Sepuluh Nopember Institute of Technology, Indonesia
- Rösio, Carin, Jönköping University, Sweden
- Rhoades, Dawna L., Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, USA
- Smite, Darje, Blekinge Institute of Technology, Sweden
- Svensson, Göran, Kristiana University College, Norway
- Tan, Kim Hua, Nottingham University, UK
- Tate, Wendy, University of Tennessee, USA
- Tjahjono, Benny, Coventry University, UK
- Tse, Mike, University of York, UK
- Van Vuuren, Jan, Stellenbosch University, South Africa
- Wang, Yacan, Beijing Jiaotong University, China
- Woxenius, Johan, University of Gothenburg, Sweden
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.