International Journal of Trust Management in Computing and Communications
- Editor in Chief
- Dr. M.A. Dorgham
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
The volatile growth of the internet and globalization that influences every facet of life are fuelled by the rapid acceleration of computing/communication technologies. Although security is a major concern, we must also protect ourselves from false/misleading information provided by some information/service providers. Traditional security mechanisms cannot protect against this type of threat. Trust management mechanisms on the other hand can provide protection. IJTMCC provides a forum for discussion on theoretical and practical aspects of the latest developments in this area.
Topics covered include
- Bio-inspired, distributed/dynamic trust management
- Trust self-organisation and autonomic networks
- Legal/economic aspects
- Pervasive computational trust, use of context-awareness
- Ethics, sociology, psychology
- Collaborative computing applications, critical infrastructure protection
- Small-world/social networks
- Security, privacy, identity management
- Architecture of interoperable/open source systems
- E-governance, e-learning, electronic knowledge transfer, e-commerce
- Group communication systems, mobile/wireless communications, sensor networks
- Multimedia information management, service-oriented computing
- P2P, grid, cloud and clusters
- Smart grid and virtual organisations
- Models, formalisation, specification, analysis, reasoning
The main objective of IJTMCC is to establish an effective channel of communication among academic researchers, policy makers and practicing IT professionals to promote high quality research on trust management.
IJTMCC provides a vehicle to help academics, professionals, researchers and policy makers working in the field of trust management and allied areas to disseminate information and to learn from each other's work.
IJTMCC publishes two types of rigorous and top quality articles: research articles and research reviews. Research articles are full innovative findings that make significant theoretical and empirical contributions to knowledge in the field by using various theoretical and methodological approaches. Research reviews are perceptive and prudently made articles that conceptualise research areas, blend previous innovative findings, advance the understanding of the field, and identify and develop future research directions. Authors are welcome to submit manuscripts that qualify for either of the two categories. Special Issues devoted to important topics will occasionally be published.
Editor in Chief
- Dorgham, M.A., International Centre for Technology and Management, UK
- Bedi, Punam, University of Delhi, India
- El-Alfy, El-Sayed, King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, Saudi Arabia
- Govindaswamy, Victor, Texas A&M University , USA
- Pearson, Siani, Hewlett-Packard Laboratories, UK
- Seeling, Patrick, Central Michigan University , USA
Regional Editor Africa
- Hamdi, Mohamed, School of Communication Engineering (Sup'Com) , Tunisia
Regional Editors Asia-Pacific
- Guo, Bin, Northwestern Polytechnical University, China
- Thomas, Tony, Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management – Kerala (IIITM-K) , India
Regional Editor Europe
- Ganchev, Ivan, University of Limerick and University of Plovdiv "Paisii Hilendarski", Ireland
Regional Editor Americas
- Chou, Te-Shun, East Carolina University , USA
- Bisio, Igor, University of Genoa , Italy
- Buford, John F., Avaya Labs Research , USA
- Buyya, Rajkumar, The University of Melbourne, Australia
- Chandrasekaran, K., National Institute of Technology Karnataka, India
- Fan, Chun-I, National Sun Yat-sen University , Taiwan
- Fernando, Xavier, Ryerson University, Canada
- Lloret Mauri, Jaime, Polytechnic University of Valencia, Spain
- Lorenz, Pascal, University of Haute Alsace , France
- Nair, Achuthsankar S., University of Kerala , India
Editorial Board Members
- Atrey, Pradeep K., University of Winnipeg , Canada
- Babu, A. V., National Institute of Technology Calicut (NITC), India
- Barnhart, Eric N., Georgia Tech Research Institute, USA
- Bernabe, Jorge Bernal, University of Murcia, Spain
- Buchmann, Erik, Universitaet Karlsruhe (TH), Germany
- Calero, Jose M. Alcaraz, University of the West of Scotland, UK
- Callegari, Christian, University of Pisa, Italy
- Caviglione, Luca, CNR - ISSIA (Genoa Branch), Italy
- El-Medany, Wael M, University of Bahrain, Bahrain
- Jin, Di, General Motors, USA
- Kolberg, Mario, University of Stirling, UK
- Kopf, Stephan, University of Mannheim , Germany
- Kumar, Sathish A.P., Coastal Carolina University, USA
- Maddage, Namunu Chinthaka, University of Melbourne, Australia
- Marín Pérez, Juan M., University of Murcia, Spain
- Marmol, Felix Gomez, NEC Laboratories Europe , Germany
- Padmanabh, Kumar, General Motors, India
- Pathan, Al-Sakib Khan, United International University, Bangladesh
- Prasad, Neeli R., Aalborg University, Denmark
- Smari, Waleed, University of Dayton, USA
- Stergiou, Theodore, Intracom Telecom, Greece , Greece
- Sud, Shivani, Intel Corporation , USA
- Thomas, Ashley, Dell SecureWorks, USA
- Trinh, Tuan Anh, Budapest University of Technology and Economics, Hungary
- Xiao, Ming, Royal Institute of Technology (KTH), Sweden
- Xu, Shao, Institute for Infocomm Research, Singapore
- Ye, Zhenzhen, IBM Systems & Technology Group , USA
- Zhang, Zhensheng, Argon ST, Inc., USA
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.