International Journal of Student Project Reporting
- Editor in Chief
- Dr. Petru A. Simionescu
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
IJSPR is the first journal dedicated to publishing peer-reviewed reports on the research and design process, validation and implementation of student-conducted projects in the fields of computing science, engineering, architecture and related areas. The journal also publishes short communications, letters to the Editor and reviews of textbooks in the same areas. A Best Paper Award, sponsored by Maplesoft, is awarded annually.
Topics covered include
- Capstone projects
- Honors projects
- Student club projects
- Student competitions
- Industry sponsorship
- Engineering design and analysis
- Architectural design
- Computer-aided design
- Computer programming
- Prototyping and implementation
- Testing and validation
- Team leadership
The objective of IJSPR is to provide a forum in which students can present the results of their work, and to act as a source of useful ideas for student teams engaging in new projects, including contributions concerning possible mistakes, which will be detailed in the Lessons Learned section of each paper. While teams reporting on their senior design or club projects are expected to be the main contributors to this journal, submissions based on individual student project reports will also be considered, provided that the sequence problem statement, conceptual and detailed design, prototyping, testing and implementation details are provided.
IJSPR readership includes undergraduate and graduate students, their educators, academic administrators, student project sponsors, organisers of student competitions, and so on.
IJSPR primarily publishes technical reports of student-conducted projects in all branches of engineering, computing science and computer-generated architecture. Special issues are also published with selections of reports from student competitions.
IJSPR is indexed in:
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- Google Scholar
IJSPR is listed in:
- This journal is yet to be included in any lists or directories.
Editor in Chief
- Simionescu, Petru A., Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi, USA
Editorial Board Members
- Abita, Matteo, University of L'Aquila, Italy
- Altenhof, William, University of Windsor, Canada
- Bagić Babac, Marina, University of Zagreb, Croatia
- Bausch, Nils, University of Portsmouth, UK
- Borsos, Ágnes, University of Pécs, Hungary
- Cardozo, Nicolás, University of Los Andes, Colombia
- Castejón, Cristina, University Carlos III de Madrid, Spain
- Ciulla, Carlo, Epoka University, Albania
- Constans, Eric W., Rose Hulman Institute of Technology, USA
- Dong, Janet Jiaxiang, University of Cincinnati, USA
- Eslamian, Morteza, Maxar Technologies, USA
- Frei, Regina, University of Southampton, UK
- Garani, Georgia, University of Thessaly, Greece
- Iqbal, Jamshed, University of Hull, UK
- Jelaska, Damir, University of Split, Croatia
- Karayaka, Bora, Western Carolina University, USA
- Matsumoto, Stephanos, Olin College of Engineering, USA
- Pȃrvu, Petrisor Valentin, Politehnica University Bucharest, Romania
- Ponnapalli, V.A. Sankar, ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education (IFHE), India
- Robson, Nina, California State University Fullerton, USA
- Rodriguez, Regina, C12 Environmental Services LLC, USA
- Sun, Wei, Gansu Agricultural University, China
- Tutunea-Fatan, O. Remus, Western University, Canada
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.
- You must include these 3 sections in your paper:
* "Contributions" - to indicate the contribution each author made to the project and to the manuscript’s preparation.
* "Lessons Learned" - in which erroneous decisions and mistakes made are detailed, so others can avoid them in future.
* "Acknowledgements" - (to be added only after the peer-review has been completed) where the contributions of the adviser, project-idea originator, sponsor or beneficiary, as well as other students who assisted but contributed less to the project, are acknowledged.
COVID control: a global study
10 February, 2023
A team from the University of Zagreb in Croatia has surveyed the various ways in which national governments attempted to control the spread of the COVID-19 virus, SARS-CoV-2. Writing in the International Journal of Student Project Reporting, Karla Baricevic and Marina Bagic Babac explain how different countries implemented a range of social and economic policies to this end. Their work tracks the epidemiology and shows how the pandemic was affected by the measures put in place. The findings could have implications for controlling the next emergent pathogen with the potential to cause a global pandemic [...]More details...