International Journal of Semantic and Infrastructure Services
- Editor in Chief
- Dr. M.A. Dorgham
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
IJSIS proposes and fosters discussion on the evolution of semantic approaches in enhancing computing infrastructure to manage big data sets which are being gathered by researchers on a daily basis. This perspective acknowledges the complexity of the future computing environment as an interface between data semantics and infrastructure services over different data-infrastructure scales as well as the reflexive characteristics of computing systems.
Topics covered include
- Big data and its management
- Data integration and interoperability
- Semantic web technologies and formalisms for data
- Language processing techniques/principles for building/maintaining ontologies
- Scientific workflows and data cloud
- Semantic image analysis
- Ontologies and semantic web tools
- Ontology representation and exchange languages
- Ontology-assisted extraction and information retrieval from text collections
- Web 2.0 and Web 3.0 applications
- Novel architectural models for high performance and cloud computing
- New parallel/concurrent programming models for high performance applications
- Data security, privacy and jurisdiction of applications in the cloud
- Interoperability between different utility computing platforms
- Semantics in platforms and software as a service
The goal of IJSIS is to propose novel semantic approaches and technologies and demonstrate how these help in improving big data management. It aims to establish an effective channel of communication between policy makers, government agencies, academic research institutions and persons concerned with the complex role of data infrastructure in society. It also intends to promote and coordinate developments in the field of semantic web and how these improve data and information infrastructure. The international dimension is emphasised in order to address the diversity of data and information that spreads across national barriers and to meet the needs of accelerating technological changes in a global economy.
IJSIS provides a vehicle to help professionals, academics, researchers and policy makers, working in the field of data management, semantic web and computing infrastructure, to disseminate information and to learn from each other's work. The intended audiences are data mining researchers/practitioners; specialists in academia and industry; experts who rely on computer tools for data integration, data management, data analysis; mathematicians/statisticians who are interested in model development and simulation for data; computer scientists; and post-graduate students with interests in developing and/or applying novel algorithms/methods in large-scale data management in any domain.
IJSIS publishes original papers, review papers, case studies, conference reports and book reviews. Special Issues devoted to important topics in semantics and infrastructure technology management will occasionally be published.
IJSIS is indexed in:
- This journal has yet to be indexed.
IJSIS is listed in:
Editor in Chief
- Dorgham, M.A., International Centre for Technology and Management, UK
Editorial Board Members
- Aigbavboa, Clinton, University of Johannesburg, South Africa
- Akyüz, Göknur Arzu, University of Turkish Aeronautical Association, Turkey
- Arablouei, Amir, Michigan State University, USA
- Hong, Wei-Chiang, Jiangsu Normal University, China
- Hsu, Robert, Chung Hua University, Taiwan, Province of China
- Jain, Vishal, Bharati Vidyapeeth's Institute of Computer Applications and Management (BVICAM), India
- Li, Wei, University of Sydney, Australia
- Martirano, Luigi, University of Rome, Italy
- Mohapatra, Sanjay, Xavier Institute of Management, India
- N. V., Sobhana, Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Technology, India
- Ojo, Joseph Olorunfemi, Tennessee Technological University, USA
- Sabz, Arash, Texas A&M University, USA
- Siano, Pierluigi, University of Salerno, Italy
- Singh, Harwinder, Guru Nanak Dev Engineering College, India
- Wang, Fang, Brunel University London, UK
- Yuvaraja, T., Channabasaveshwara Institute of Technology, India
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.